Details Of The "Star Trek: Discovery" TV Show Uniforms

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Details Of The "Star Trek: Discovery" TV Show Uniforms

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    KirksFavoriteSon
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

It’s a big graphic, with lots of detail. I hope it comes through without a hitch.

Cheers,

Shaw

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

aka @CobaltBlueHero

Tama
    Fleet Member

They screwed up SO much with this design. The uniform is far too complicated, and I know the biggest reason why, and it’s not just creative attempts at being unique and hip with the kids. It’s an attempt to curb costuming without buying official replicas. No one is going to be able to replicate that uniform properly. Also, the badge breaks canon in half. Seeing as it’s supposed to be ten years before Kirk’s captaincy of the Enterprise, the badge of each ship was unique and different from every other ship in the fleet. That icon was for the Enterprise. Period. And I recall Pike commanding the Enterprise for 11 years before Kirk got it, so… they fucked up. Big time.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Tama.

aka @Tamakai

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Agreed on the badge issue, and the complicated ‘must buy licensed vendor’ remark makes sense, unfortunately. I’m feeling the new franchise – post JJ universe actually – is too focused on merchandising, not story. They’re killing Star Trek trying to turn it into a trinket show instead of interesting story-telling.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Tama
    Fleet Member

Or what classic and TNG were all about: Discussing real life issues in a sci-fi backdrop. I REALLY miss that. TOS and TNG was so good at it.

aka @Tamakai

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

+100%. That’s what Star Trek was and is to me. Not another Star Wars clone (which I also love, but is it’s own thing).

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Drake
    Fleet Member

Oh, I’m sure I’ll watch it anyways.  I’ve seen everything Star Trek so far, no reason to stop now.  But, that uniform does look kinda goofy.  It looks more like a wet suit than a uniform.

aka @silvershadow#5602

Tama
    Fleet Member

I’ll give it an episode. If the pilot is enjoyable, I’ll keep watching. I just don’t want to feed the monster I think it’s going to be.

aka @Tamakai

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.