= Attn: Temporary Halting Recruitment =

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Federation News Network = Attn: Temporary Halting Recruitment =

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Attention folks,

Due to the ever growing number of new members we’re consistently maxing out the fleet maximum of 500 members (including Alts) Fed side. To make room, we have been removing dormant low grades (Ensigns and Lieutenant) and even long standing members (Commanders) – most of whom were old friends – who have been AFK without notice for +1 year, but we have simply ran out of those. Because of that, we’re temporarily stopping active (STO forum and in-game) recruitment, at least untill January.

We simply do not have any more room to spare for new members at this time.

The only exceptions we’ll make are for returning 44th members – those that are still on the Admin list (+423 members) – have made an application on our forum, or new alts from current members.
    Right now we have like 5 (!) free spots Fed side.
    There is however still plenty of room KDF side, so if you want extra alts it’s recommended to put them in the KDF 44th Assault.

It varies a bit, but on average we have 3 new members joining each week, which comes down to one of those new members eventually leaving again for various reasons, one new member playing very casually (ie once every two weeks or even once a month) and one new very active member who we’ll see nearly daily in our chat and roster. The two remaining players will however add a number of alts, so we get 4-6 new mouths to feed each week on our Fed roster, not including extra alts that current or returning members often create when new content goes live.

We ask that you guys temporarily stop recruiting new players and / or inform them of the halt if you are approached by people wanting to join, and do not ‘blindly’ invite people to the fleet – remember that ALL new recruits need to fill out an application form (which includes a cursory anti-troll background check).

We’ll modify our recruitment thread on the STO forum as well.

Thank you for your attention.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Blackout
    Fleet Member

Hey Marcase,

Perhaps we should consider instituting a more efficient approach around alts (at least Fed alts).

Just some preliminary thoughts:
    – I know I probably have at least 1 (perhaps 2) alts fedside that I’m basically using as mules and dilithium farmers. This means that I really don’t need to have access to our fleet stores since I’m not actually using them to play with. So, perhaps we could ask players to review their alts, and evaluate if they really need to have them in the fleet.
    – If it’s really getting tight, we should really look at limiting the number of alts (e.g. 2), especially considering that DR has made it very alt unfriendly. That way we can actually have more people (rather than aspects of our multiple personalities >_<)

Just some thoughts.

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Maybe you could send a fleet mail asking if there is any alt on board that is no longer played so doesn’t need fleet access.

We have new applicant waiting and I would like to see him join us, rather than sending him away while keeping inactive alt in fleet.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

Blackout – good thoughts, appreciated Top Dog 😎

Damix – will get to the new guy in a bit 😉

We may introduce a new ranking system next year, where fleet rank will have actual benefits; a new ensign may start with 3 toons total in the fleet, a LT can have 6, a LTC 9 toons and so on.
    New ensigns and LTs will often go afk or leave the game after a few months (“too complicated”, “bored”, “my friends play other games” etc), so limiting their alts will provide more room for active players.
    This is just something that’s been in the works for ages but there was never a real need to implement it.

We really don’t want to put limits on your game, so even if you have alts just for farming we want them to have the same (fleet store) priviliges as your main, so don’t feel obligated to discharge any farmers. We’ll fix this luxury problem of having too many members eventually. 😀

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Edit: I kicked my toon that I use only for contraband and dilithium so new players can get a chance to join us. If anyone else hava character that is only taking roster space or isn’t played you can consider that option too.
    @Marcase wrote:

Damix – will get to the new guy in a bit 😉

He is lucky to get on board in time ^^

@Marcase wrote:

“…a new ensign may start with 3 toons total in the fleet, a LT can have 6, a LTC 9 toons and so on.”

Sounds good as it isn’t putting too much restriction but could help with roster limit.

Or there could be update to fleet starbase system *Looks at Cryptic*

Kylar
    Fleet Member

I have a couple of farm alts that don’t really need to be in the fleet I can remove. I’ve been debating replacing them with kinks for contraband farming anyway. I’m not sure how easy this would be but what about creating a second fleet that is just for storing farming alts with no holdings (just temporally move them to the real fleet to get store access) it would be mostly for the people with a lot of alts 6-9.

aka @armageddon771

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

We have been thinking about creating a ‘Reserve” fleet – which could also hold new guys for a short time during their trial period – but giving those Reserves access to our Active Fleet stores would mean having to leave the Reserves, and then join our Active, then leave and re-join the Reserve again.
    It’s deemed too cumbersome, as we’d still need room in our Active fleet for those temporaries anyway. 😀

And Kylar/Armageddon, as a full member you can have as many fleet alts as you want, it’s a perk for being a full Commander in the 44th. 😉

On the extra fleet subject, how would you guys feel if we’d start a 3rd fleet ? That means building it up to Tier V too, the whole maddening grind with embassy and spire and everything.

I think I know the answer, but I’ll ask anyway 😀

Anonymous

It’s unfortunate to read about so many people kicking their own alts from the fleet. Every alt kicked reduces that @handle’s dilithium refining capacity by 500/day.

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

@Marcase wrote:

“Reserve” fleet

Not sure, too much time/resource consuming,maybe it doesn’t have to go to Tier5 if it is reserve?

@AzureAlliance wrote:

Every alt kicked reduces that @handle’s dilithium refining capacity by 500/day.

You can still refine extra 500 if you ask for fleet map invite, I believe that doff mission should be there even if you are not part of the fleet, I’ll test it. No one left the fleet so far.

CodeWarrior316
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

I 2nd/3rd the idea for an alt fleet. It would be a grand chance to accumulate fleet credits as well with t0 amenities, although it might get complex moving alts around if they need higher store access, etc.

44th Alt Fleet

fatman592
    Fleet Member

Pretty sure that the “big” fleets just do tier 2 and focus on provisions, then just request an invite to the main base for purchases.

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Tier 2 sounds better, but I guess we will see how will things go once/if we start it. And there would be better chance to get fleet credits too so it will be very useful to have it. 44th Academy?

Blackout
    Fleet Member

@Damix wrote:

Tier 2 sounds better, but I guess we will see how will things go once/if we start it. And there would be better chance to get fleet credits too so it will be very useful to have it. 44th Academy?

Academy implies that its our new recruits that go there. If our farmer alts are going there, I suggest 44th Logistics Division.

fatman592
    Fleet Member

@Blackout wrote:

Academy implies that its our new recruits that go there. If our farmer alts are going there, I suggest 44th Logistics Division.

I like this name, seconded.

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

You mean ofcourse 44th Starfleet Headquarters Intervention, Exploration and Logistics Division 🙂

Oh wait, already taken…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.