Application for Vorkosigan

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Recruitment Academy Application for Vorkosigan

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jay
    Fleet Member
    • Characters: Julius Rosenthal@vorkosigan#9753
    • Account type: Silver
    • Previous fleets:
    • Why join the Mighty 44th? I’m primarily looking to join a fleet for the social benefits. Also, I’m vaguely aware that there seem to be elements of STO that are best attempted (or perhaps only possible to attempt?) as a team, and I imagine that it would be nice to be part of a fleet in order to find players with whom to ally for such endeavors.

I was drawn to the 44th Fleet in particular because (1) it sounds generally welcoming and inclusive, (2) it sounds as though it benefits from the presence of knowledgeable veterans while accepting that new members may include somewhat more casual gamers, (3) it’s clear that a lot of care has been put into its community infrastructure (e.g., this website), and (4) from the time zones listed in its in-game recruiting blurb, it sounds as though it has an international membership.

• Tell us about yourself: I joined STO at the beginning of last month and just reached RDML. I’ve been a Star Trek fan for quite some time, though; I’ve seen a decent smattering of TOS episodes and all of the TOS movies (multiple times), one episode of TAS (“Yesteryear”), all of TNG except for the infamously bad episodes (e.g., “Code of Honor”) and most of it twice, all of DS9 (my favorite) three times, most of Voyager (although, so far, it’s my least favorite), all of Enterprise (which I think gets judged too harshly), and the ST:D pilot episode.

In real life, I’m a psychology and neuroscience major / English minor pursuing grad school in clinical psychology. My other geeky areas of interest besides Star Trek include Dungeons & Dragons, musical theater, and Shakespeare. (I like Star Wars, too, but I’m not exactly going to win any trivia competitions for it.)

• Do you accept the rules and regulations? Yes
    Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Hello Jay,

Thanks for applying to the mighty 44th. You will receive your in-game invite next time you log in.

Join our 44th chat channel “44th-diplo” by typing the following into the chat window: /channel_join 44th-diplo.

This is used to communicate with our 44th Fleet, 44th Delta Fleet, 44th Gamma and our 44th Assault Squadron (KDF) – we don’t use the in-game fleet channel. We are four fleets acting as one.

As a new 44th Fleet Ensign you will be stationed for 6 weeks in the 44th Delta Fleet, (KDF’s go directly to our 44th Assault Sqn). For a promotion to Lieutenant and fleet store unlock you just need to meet 2 requirements:

1) Must have either logged into the game or posted on our 44th forum at least once during the review period of 2 weeks (which starts today);
    2) Must be in good standing with the fleet.

Full access to the 44th forum has now been unlocked, feel free to look around. Please bookmark this forum to keep up with Fleet news, and see the recent State of the Fleet to catch up.

We are on twitter and use Discord for voice (not a requirement, but recommended).

As a mature, no-drama fleet the 44th caters to casual and hard-core players, so I’m sure you’ll fit right in.

Welcome aboard !

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.