Application for Lhivera

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Recruitment Academy Application for Lhivera

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Lhivera
    Fleet Member

Main character’s name:
    Lhivera@eighrichte

Bill

Usually online evenings (central time) and weekends.
    Online time over next week or two will be fairly erratic due to a home project in progress.

Full Alt character names:
    Blerg@eightrichte: Fed
    Roo@eighrichte: Fed
    Macpherson@eighrichte: Fed
    Wilhelm@eighrichte: Fed
    Eighrichte@eighrichte: Fed
    Mey@eighrichte: Fed
    Sozoss@eighrichte: KDF
    Rh’Lesk@eighrichte: KDF (Rom)

There are a few other low-level alts I’ve essentially abandoned but not deleted; no plans to keep playing them at this time. They are not in fleets.

Are you Silver, gold or Lifetime?:
    Lifetime

Do you have Teamspeak?
    Yes. Not always in a position to use it, but I can often get on.

Tell us about yourself (trek/game history, whatever you want us to know about you):

I’ve been watching Star Trek since it was on in syndication when I was a kid in the 70’s. A couple of years back, when Netflix got all the episodes, I made a project of watching every episode and movie in chronological story order, which proved to be a very enjoyable experience, and gave me a new appreciation for some of the series that I hadn’t thought held up well the first time around.

I’ve been a mostly-casual game-player since the first Space Invaders machine showed up at my local hockey rink around ’79 or ’80. My first MMOG was Warbirds, and my first MMORPG was World of Warcraft. I played WoW for about nine years, the last two of those as a forum MVP. For the last four of those years I was given email access to a couple of devs for feedback (specifically Mage class feedback).

(That all may be a point against me — many Mages weren’t happy with my support, later in the game, for an unpopular talent.)

I ultimately stopped playing WoW about a year ago, as the direction they were taking with Warlords didn’t appeal to me. As STO had recently released a Mac client, I decided to give it a try, and I’ve been here ever since.

Why did you choose the Mighty 44th:

I left my (only) previous fleet last week after overhearing a discussion between officers on Teamspeak turn into a fifteen minute misogynistic rant. While I’m not looking for social activism in the game or in a fleet, I would prefer to avoid listening to people talk about how feminists “can’t be reasoned with because they’re literally insane” and how my fleet officers hope someone whose views I share dies. So I left (quietly).

I made a minimal reference to this desire of mine in my “seeking fleet” post on the official forums, as it’s important to me, and doesn’t seem like too high a bar to set. I received several responses (both on the forums and in game), of which only Damix’s response addressed that particular aspect of what I was looking for.

The first and second rules listed in your rules and regulations further set my mind at ease on this point. Your website gives the impression of a mature and reasonable group, and your fleet seems like a very promising place to make a home in the game.

Have you read the rules:

Yes indeed. They were one of your selling points.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Hello Bill,

Thanks for applying to the mighty 44th. You should receive your invite next time you log in.
    An invite to your main has been send, your active alts can be invited to either Fed or KDF fleets, just ask for invites in chat.

Join our 44th chat channel “44th-diplo” by copy/pasting or typing the following into the chat window: /channel_join 44th-diplo

This is used to communicate with our 44th Fleet, 44th Strategic Logistics Division and our 44th Assault Squadron (KDF) – we don’t use the game provided fleet channel.

For Teamspeak details visit – http://startrek.44thfleet.com/forum/index.php?f=12&t=30&rb_v=viewtopic

As a new Ensign you will be stationed for 4 weeks in the 44th Strategic Logistics Division.
    To get promoted to Lieutenant and transferred to the main 44th Fleet – and its access to the various Fleet stores and facilities – you must meet 3 requirements.

1) Must have either logged into the game or posted on our 44th forum at least once during the review period of 1 month (which starts today);

2) Have an in-game leaderboard donation score of 50,000 fleet credits minimum (either by one, or by your total alts combined);

3) Must be in good standing with the fleet.

Please bookmark the “Active Topics” page of this forum to keep up-to-date.

As a mature, no-drama fleet the 44th caters to casual and hard-core players, so I’m sure you’ll fit right in.
    We’re happy to advice and guide you through the game and its myriad of options and possiblities if needed. Contact our fleet instructor Sensei_Krieger or myself in-game for a grand tour of the (main) 44th Fleet or KDF top tier facilities, and remember that the only ‘dumb’ questions are the ones never asked!

Welcome aboard

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Lhivera
    Fleet Member

Many thanks! I’ll join you this evening!

Senseikrieger
    Commodore
    Team Player

Hi Bill,

I am Sensei_Krieger and I am the fleet instructor. If you need or want to get shown around the The Starbase and various fleet holding, just let me know. I would be more than happy to also help you with any build or equipment questions that you have. All of the command staff is really knowledgeable about the game. Welcome to the 44th. Fleet, we are a friendly fleet with a great membership.

Bill you seam to have a good grasp of MMORPGs from reading your application, but I am here to help if you need anything. You can contact me in game or you can always pm in the forums.

Welcome to the 44th. Fleet

Lhivera
    Fleet Member

Thanks! I do have a tendency to make some choices based on theme or aesthetics rather than pure performance (e.g., I’m unlikely to load up a Federation ship with energy weapons that aren’t phasers, unless it’s something entirely non-canon like an Atrox, in which case I feel there’s a lot more room for creativity). But within my little self-imposed limitations like that, I’m sure I’ll have plenty of advice to ask for.

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

I also used to have only phasers on my fed ships, but than I decided to bend that rule a little. Now other types are fine if they are orange/yellow colour (Spiral Waves Disruptor, Corrosive Plasma).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.