Application for Katic

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Recruitment Academy Application for Katic

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    @Katic
    Fleet Member

Main character’s name: Ajax@Katic.

Alt character names: Ten (Rom, KDF Aligned), Mharihea (KDF).

Are you Silver/gold/ or Lifetime?: Lifetime.

Tell us about yourself: I used to play STO a great deal, then left due to personal disagreement with the direction the game was headed (re: Fed Carriers), but, having grown bored with the other games I play and having a bit more time on my hands lately, I’ve reinstalled STO, reclaimed my old account, and created new alts (I deleted all my old ones when I left).

Why did you choose the Mighty 44th: History, I missed playing with you guys.

Have you read the rules: Indeed I have, I seem to remember an Easter Egg/Test in there before, when did you guys take that out?

Are you willing to use Teamspeak?: I can listen, but I won’t be speaking.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Hi Vee, welcome back.

I seem to remember you, you were a former 44th member, right ? If so, the usual ‘probation’ period doesn’t apply – the rules are posted here as an FYI. Let me know what your former 44th fleet rank was and you’ll be fully reinstated.

Private fleet channel – http://startrek.44thfleet.com/forum/index.php?f=12&t=30&rb_v=viewtopic

Just as a reminder, to get a promotion –and thus access to the various Fleet stores– you must meet 3 requirements.

1) Must have either logged into the game or posted on these boards at least once during the review period of 1 month (which starts today);
    2) Have an in-game leaderboard donation of 50,000 fleet credits minimum (either by one, or by your total alts combined);
    3) Must be in “good standing” with the fleet.

Please bookmark the “Active Topics” page of our forum to keep up-to-date,

Welcome (back) aboard!

PS, not re-igniting old gripes, but now I’m curious about the Fed Carrier thing 😀

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

welcome back

@Katic
    Fleet Member

@Marcase wrote:

Hi Vee, welcome back.

I seem to remember you, you were a former 44th member, right ? If so, the usual ‘probation’ period doesn’t apply – the rules are posted here as an FYI. Let me know what your former 44th fleet rank was and you’ll be fully reinstated.

Private fleet channel – http://startrek.44thfleet.com/forum/index.php?f=12&t=30&rb_v=viewtopic

Just as a reminder, to get a promotion –and thus access to the various Fleet stores– you must meet 3 requirements.

1) Must have either logged into the game or posted on these boards at least once during the review period of 1 month (which starts today);
    2) Have an in-game leaderboard donation of 50,000 fleet credits minimum (either by one, or by your total alts combined);
    3) Must be in “good standing” with the fleet.

Please bookmark the “Active Topics” page of our forum to keep up-to-date,

Welcome (back) aboard!

PS, not re-igniting old gripes, but now I’m curious about the Fed Carrier thing 😀

Thank you Marcase, from what I remember, I could access most of the fleet bank, I believe I was a Lieutenant JG or lieutenant or thereabouts, I can, as of right now, donate up to 4 Million Credits to the Fleet bank, as well as a Ship Upgrade token, but, I left before “Fleet Credits” became a thing, so, I I’ll have to get started on running missions with fleetmembers, although, as I said, I deleted my toons when I left, so I’m still grinding away at levelling my new toons atm, (Fed at Lieutenant, Klink at Lieutenant, Rom at Captain, er, Commander), so I’m unavailable for endgame content at the moment.

When I left, I did a goodbye thread in the forums, and Latinumbar bade me fair journeys and to know I was welcome back anytime.. So when I came back, this was the first Fleet I came looking for. 😀

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

Well we’re glad to have you back. Lat is afk for a bit, but still around.

Regarding contributions, they’re totally voluntary, so don’t feel obligated just because you’re returning.
    By now your fleet rank has been upgraded so the fleet stores are unlocked for you. Make sure to look around and ask around if you have any questions, and most importantly have fun while doing it.

LLAP

@Katic
    Fleet Member

Well, I do have one question: I left before Fleet Starbases and whatnot were added, so I have no idea of how Fleet Credits work, how they’re earned, etc.. I looked around the Starbase (wish we could name it 817) and saw how the shops worked, Dil + Fleet Credits, so I’m wondering what I can do, I’ve always been a solid Fleet Member, always donated to the Bank(s), used to be big into Crafting but that whole system’s changed too.. I guess I’m looking for ways to contribute.

With no toons at the cap (or even at RALH yet) I know most of the traditional raids are out of the question, so..?

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

It’s relatively straightforward really; donating to fleet projects earns you Fleet Credits. We run fleet projects 24/7 to which you can provide various resources; from dilithium to white Duty Officers to other items like provisions etc etc.

Go to your fleet tab (2nd bottom tab from the right under your mini-map):

[attachment=0:5sl3jwfl]fleet projects.JPG[/attachment:5sl3jwfl]

Donating to these projects earns you Fleet Credits, with these you can buy various “elite” Fleet gear; shields, ground/space weapons, uniforms and a bunch of other stuff. Donating a white Doff gives 300 Fleet Credits for example. The starbase, mine, embassy and spire all offer unique items which you can only buy with said Fleet Credits and dilithium. Go throught the tabs and there’s usually a project needing various items. Have to be quick, we’re an active and large fleet and projects fill fast !

Fleet Marks -> Fleet Credits.
    You can also earn Fleet Credits by doing certain PVE missions as well. Marks is a big thing in STO now, as there are various kinds for various Reputation projects; Fleet Marks for fleet, Omega Marks (Borg), Nukara Marks, Romulan Marks etc
    Press U and go to Reputation; you’ll see various Reputations which require their own type of specific Marks. Most of these are unlocked +50 so you’ll get there eventually. These specific Reps offer their own unique items. It’s a constant debate which items are better; fleet or say, Omega or Romulan. Que heated discussions 🙂
    Filling a single reputation takes months. Good thing is that once unlocked on one toon, your other toons will get a sponsorship token which cuts the time needed in half.

Both Fed and KDF Fleet starbases are located in Eta Eridani, Fed west and KDF in NE corner.
    Your (!) fleet has already unlocked and maxed out these fleet Starbases, the fleet Mines (SW of DS9 in Beta Ursae), the fleet Embassies on Romulus and the fleet Spires (a forward base in the Dyson Sphere). That’s both Fed and KDF side – we’re very proud of that.

New Romulus isn’t unlocked to you yet I think, but these forward bases are; best way to visit them is to (transwarp) to your fleet starbase, and from the transporter pad you can jump directly to the various bases. The Embassy has a shuttle-bay which brings you back to the fleet starbase.
    (Note our fleet starbase has its own transwarp gate outside with various destinations, usefull short-cuts when leveling).

Do visit the fleet dilithium mine, as there is an extra daily 500 dili refinement bonus on top of your 8,000 limit. If you’re short on dili you can also mine dilithium outside as a daily mission (bring an EV suit).

Crafting is entire other can of worms, and only recently went live. If unlocked for you, do the daily R&D last on the list (ie “Research Project – Beam Weapons”) and just move on. It takes months to get to crafting school (level) 15 and doing the daily is easiest and economical. Should be unlocked when you reach Vice-Admiral 50.

Hope this gives you some pointers to get started. Just focus on leveling to 50 (and 60!) and most importantly have fun while doing it.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

Edit – not sure if it was mentioned already, but there’s no mandatory donation required whatsoever. Donations to the fleet bank are appreciated, but frankly the stuff we really need/want can only be bought with either dilithium or specific marks, and we don’t have a bank for that anyway.

With all bases already maxed out we have the luxury of just enjoying the facilities and unlocks and grind on. 😀

@Katic
    Fleet Member

Interestingly enough I went and took a look at crafting last night, and I was amazed to find that the changes they’d made heavily resembled a concept for crafting two years ago after they threw Dilithium into the mix: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3827090&postcount=1 So I’m already familiar with the concepts they implemented.

I’m still looking at the Fleet system changes, I went and wandered the Starbase, the spire, and the mine, but it’s just going to take some time to get used to.

As to New Romulus, my Rom is already a Commander in a D’Deridex, my Fed is in an Ambassador (my favorite Starfleet vessel, I got giddy when I got her :mrgreen: ) and my KDF alt has been untouched in a few days, but I need to start grinding Dilithium with everyone so that’ll change.

Anyway, I’m learning, and your write up will certainly help, after reading it the first time I jumped in game and supplied dilithium, doffs, and materials to a few of them, got nearly 10k Fleet Credits, maybe over, can’t quite remember, but I’m on my way. With the 15k Zen I had waiting for me when I came back from my LTS Stipend I’ve already gotten the upgrade tokens & whatnot I’ll need when I hit the cap, so at least I won’t have such a terrible grind when I finally get back up to speed, anyway, I’ll be on tonight, listening into teamspeak, and grinding away on all my alts to get back to endgame raids I loved so much.. But I hope to team with someone tonight, even if it’s just for Storyline PvE.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.