Application for briartrekkie

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Recruitment Academy Application for briartrekkie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    BriarTrekkie
    Fleet Member
    • Characters: KDF (Rom, Main): Zazel@briartrekkie#5401; KDF (KDF, Alt): Draz@briartrekkie#5401; FED (FED, Alt): Agilique@briartrekkie#5401; KDF (KDF, Alt): Bhaetzu@briartrekkie#5401
    • Account type: Gold
    • Previous fleets: None
    • Why join the Mighty 44th? I’d heard of STO a long time ago, but it wasn’t until I became disillusioned with SWTOR and gave up that I finally came over gave it a go. Even as a casual gamer, I’ve gotten to the point where I want to expand into other areas of the game that I simply can’t do on my own. I’ve been able to max out my Romulan and Nukkara rep, and am almost done with Omega as well as half-way to Dyson; as well as having gotten to level 15 R&D on Beams and Ground Gear – and that’s just since I started playing since February. If I can see an end goal, I don’t mind the grind.

I’d been looking for a Fleet for a little while now. But I don’t trust the blind invites with no one actually talking to you first, and so many of the blurbs on the in-game listing don’t have a maintained website that actually tell you anything about what you are getting into. So, when I found the 44th, I was interested and thought that I may have found a Fleet where I could make myself useful.

• Tell us about yourself: I’m pretty much a geek through and through. I’ve played RPGs (such as D&D, Pathfinder, TMNT, Stormbringer, Shadowrun, and a menagerie of others.) most of my life. That’s not to mention I’ve a fondness for board games as well – and we aren’t just talking about Monopoly; how about some Mighty Empires, or Carcassonne, or Pirate’s Cove (not to mention a host of others)!

When not able to game, I’ve scratched the itch with what I’ve found online in the form of World of Warcraft (which I eventually grew board of); Star Wars The Old Republic (which I left after this last release – who wants to grind for randomly generated gear that may or may not drop); Ever Quest 2 (which I left after the devs said that crafted gear will never be as good as dropped gear); Conan Unchained (while I love the Conan universe – I could never really get into this game for some reason); Rift (I still play this on and off); and there was another who’s name escapes me – but that they eventually shut down due to low customers. And there have been a few that I’ve tried but didn’t get very far with for one reason or another (such as forced PvP for instance).

I’m also a computer nerd. I’ve already had one career on the systems side of things where I handled systems administration and support. Then, when the IT bubble burst in the early 2000’s, I changed career fields and moved into computer programming. I’ve never looked back. I get to design applications and use my brain in different ways vice worry about whether my vendor is going to ship some replacement on time. (nod)

Outside of nerding, I enjoying cooking and shopping with the wife. (chuckle) I guess that’s sorta the nickle tour.

• Do you accept the rules and regulations? Yes

aka @briartrekkie#5401

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Hello Stefan,

Thanks for applying to the mighty 44th. You should receive your in-game invite next time you log in.

Join our 44th chat channel “44th-diplo” by typing the following into the chat window: /channel_join 44th-diplo.

This is used to communicate with our 44th Fleet, 44th Delta Fleet and our 44th Assault Squadron (KDF) – we don’t use the in-game fleet channel.

As a new 44th Fleet Ensign you will be stationed for 2 weeks in the 44th Delta Fleet, (KDF’s go directly to our 44th Assault Sqn). For a promotion to Lieutenant and fleet store unlock you just need to meet 2 requirements:

1) Must have either logged into the game or posted on our 44th forum at least once during the review period of 2 weeks (which starts today);
    2) Must be in good standing with the fleet.

Full access to the 44th forum has now been unlocked, feel free to look around. See the recent State of the Fleet to catch up.

We use Discord for voice and we are also on twitter. Check out our running forum contests !

As a mature, no-drama fleet the 44th caters to casual and hard-core players, so I’m sure you’ll fit right in.

Welcome aboard !

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

BriarTrekkie
    Fleet Member

Thank you kindly.  I look forward to the journey!

aka @briartrekkie#5401

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.