Application for Bazz

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Recruitment Academy Application for Bazz

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bazz
    Fleet Member
    • Characters: Dekaal (Fed)
    • Account type: Lifetime
    • Previous fleets:
    • Why join the Mighty 44th? I think I’ll be playing STO for a good long while. I need a place to call home in game, I like what I’ve seen on the website and I think I’d be a good fit. I’ve been a hard-core raider in WoW but now I’m more interested in a lower level of play
    • Tell us about yourself: I’ve been playing for about 2 weeks now. Not long. From the first day, though I realised that I liked this game. You might guess from my age that I’ve been playing computer games for about as long as there have been computer games. I played WoW from launch, raided hard core through several expansions but have now scaled back and I’m currently unsubbed until the new expac releases. I think this will be my last venture into Wow. I also play Diablo, a lot. It provides some much needed stress relief in short bursts. I play seasons only. I’m also subbed to SWTOR mainly for the story and I don’t raid on there. In STO I only have one character at the moment which I have levelled to 60.
      I’ve been reading SciFi/Fantasy since I was 11 and I’m currently immersed in urban fantasy as reading of choice. If you’ve ready any recently Urban Fantasy you’ll recognise my ship name – USS Iron Druid..

My day job is Global Database Admin for a large entertainment company. It can be quite stressful, so gaming is a way for me to unwind. I’m no longer on 24-hour callout but that doesn’t mean I’m immune from late night or weekend calls.

What I liked about STO, is the complexity. It’s taken me far longer to feel even mildly comfortable with all the features of the game. This is great. I’m enjoying myself without having to constantly do the same things over and over again. The game doesn’t lend itself to the usual “Go get me 10 bear asses” and you spend the next 30 minutes killing bears that evidently don’t have asses. That’s lazy quest design right there. Doesn’t seem to be a lot of that in STO.

• Do you accept the rules and regulations? Yes
    jtuyajr
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Hello Bazz,

Thanks for applying to the mighty 44th. You will receive your in-game invite next time you log in.

Join our 44th chat channel “44th-diplo” by typing the following into the chat window: /channel_join 44th-diplo.

This is used to communicate with our 44th Fleet, 44th Delta Fleet and our 44th Assault Squadron (KDF) – we don’t use the in-game fleet channel. We are three fleets acting as one.

As a new 44th Fleet Ensign you will be stationed for 6 weeks in the 44th Delta Fleet, (KDF’s go directly to our 44th Assault Sqn). For a promotion to Lieutenant and fleet store unlock you just need to meet 2 requirements:

1) Must have either logged into the game or posted on our 44th forum at least once during the review period of 2 weeks (which starts today);
    2) Must be in good standing with the fleet.

Full access to the 44th forum has now been unlocked, feel free to look around. Please bookmark this forum to keep up with Fleet news, and see the recent State of the 44th Fleet to catch up.

We are on twitter and use Discord for voice (not a requirement, just an extra service, but listening helps).

As a mature, no-drama fleet the 44th caters to casual and hard-core players, so I’m sure you’ll fit right in.

Welcome aboard !As a former wow raider, I can feel for the ‘why dosent this wolf have teeth!!! how is that even possible!’.  Myself or another officer will get with you in game soon to chat about some things and get you an invite.  Hope to play with you soon.

What is your full character name though? for example joe@stompar

Stompar

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by jtuyajr.

aka Stompar

Stuart Pocock
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Welcome aboard Bazz, any questions please don’t hesitate to give us a shout 🙂

aka @stu999man

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Hi Bazz,

Please provide your proper character@account name so we can copy-paste it for the fleet invite, or ask for one in our 44th-diplo channel.

Welcome aboard !

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.