Application for BadKarma1979

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Recruitment Academy Application for BadKarma1979

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    BadKarma1979
    Fleet Member

Main character’s name: Katherine Reynold@badkarma1979
    Full Alt character names: (Have yet to create other characters, but plan to)
    Are you Silver, gold or Lifetime?: Silver
    Do you have Teamspeak? Yes, but only on my desktop, and I play mostly on my laptop where chat would be intrusive of others
    Tell us about yourself (trek/game history, whatever you want us to know about you): I’m pasting the original post below that I put out looking for a fleet.
    Why did you choose the Mighty 44th: Damix4 directed me here from a post on STO Forum looking for a fleet and the 44th sounds like a good group.
    Have you read the rules: Yes sir

**My post from STO Forum**
    I’m new to the game (currently only one character created at Commander with an Akira class), this is my first MMORPG, I’m not going to count my online iRacing anywhere near the same category, haha. I’m not even completely sure what benefit joining a fleet has, except I’m sure that is can be a benefit. But I figure I’ll start up a post and see what’s out there; just in a few minutes in this forum it’s obvious the answer is, a lot.

I’m still figuring out how things work and my playing style is definitely casual. I almost always play on my laptop on the couch with my girlfriend in the room, so I’m not really looking to join a voice chat.

Since I play sporadically as my schedule permits I would also not be a good fit for a fleet requiring being on at certain times. I’m in the USA, central time zone with a normal hour day job, so when I’m on is almost always be evening during the week or weekends (exception would be a day off work), so, I would think a more US based fleet would work well.

I’ve stumbled across Fleet holdings (haven’t done my complete research on this setup as well), I’m all for contributing to the fleet, but since I’m a casual player starting out, I think I’d prefer a fleet without strict rules/requirements on contributions. I’m playing this for fun, and sending a few dollars towards the developers as a thanks for a nice game is something I’ll do for the FtP games I play a lot, but I’m not looking to allocate a part all my paychecks to the game.

I’m 35 so I’d be looking for a drama free mature fleet. It’s extremely hard to offend me (and love sarcasm), just prefer to stay away from the childish stuff and bickering. Other random things about me, since I was a kid I’ve loved Star Trek and cars; a few years ago I started driving my car around race tracks, and that is the most fun hobby you can have.

Any Fleets want to recruit me, or should I go back to my corner of the ‘verse and hide?

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Hello Michael,

Thanks for applying to the mighty 44th. You should receive your invite next time you log in.

Join our 44th chat channel “44th-diplo” by copy/pasting or typing the following into the chat window: /channel_join 44th-diplo

This is used to communicate with our 44th Fleet, 44th Strategic Logistics Division and our 44th Assault Squadron (KDF) – we don’t use the game provided fleet channel.

For Teamspeak details visit – http://startrek.44thfleet.com/forum/index.php?f=12&t=30&rb_v=viewtopic

As a new Ensign you will be stationed for 4 weeks in the 44th Strategic Logistics Division.
    To get promoted to Lieutenant and transferred to the main 44th Fleet – and its access to the various Fleet stores and facilities – you must meet 3 requirements.

1) Must have either logged into the game or posted on our 44th forum at least once during the review period of 1 month (which starts today);

2) Have an in-game leaderboard donation score of 50,000 fleet credits minimum (either by one, or by your total alts combined);

3) Must be in good standing with the fleet.

Please bookmark the “Active Topics” page of this forum to keep up-to-date.

As a mature, no-drama fleet the 44th caters to casual and hard-core players, so I’m sure you’ll fit right in. We’re happy to advice and guide you through the game and its myriad of options and possiblities, contact our fleet instructor Sensei_Krieger or myself in-game for a grand tour of the 44th Fleet facilities, and remember that the only ‘dumb’ questions are the ones never asked!

Welcome aboard!

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Senseikrieger
    Commodore
    Team Player

Hi Michael,

I am Sensei_Krieger and I am the fleet instructor. If you need or want to get shown around the The Starbase and various fleet holding, just let me know. I would be more than happy to also help you with any build or equipment questions that you have. All of the command staff is really knowledgeable about the game. Welcome to the 44th. Fleet, we are a friendly fleet with a great membership.

Welcome to the 44th. Fleet

BadKarma1979
    Fleet Member

Thanks for the welcome. I may take you up on the offer. This week will be a bit busy. My car hobby is keeping me busy this week. If only work didn’t get in the way…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.