Admiralty Ship Builds

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Admiralty Ship Builds

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Delsaran Daro
    Fleet Member

So, another noob question I have not found an answer to.  Like most people early in the game I have accumulated a number of ships that are in my admiralty slots and a whaleload of of consoles, weapons, shields, etc. of varying quality and a lot of it is piling up in my inventory.  I go through my list periodically and at level “65 + Jesus Perks” I’ve simply been selling off my whites and greens.  But I dissemble…It is probably unlikely that I would go back to any of my previous ships, at least for the time being…I like the one I have and I’m not at the level where I’ve started tricking out specific ships for specific tasks.  I’m guessing a lot of people leave their previous ships behind once they find a new, (presumably, “better”) one in like manner; that is how you GET an admiralty after all.

To my specific question.  Does the build I left them with when I abandoned them matter in the Admiralty missions they go on or is that based on the ships vanilla basic class, type and build?  In other words, would I be wasting my time trying to build out ships whose sole purpose is Admiralty missions or can I just strip them or return them to their original builds and sell everything?  For the level I’m playing at and in terms of knowledge base I’m not exactly strapped for cash but like they say, “How much money is enough…?”  Answer, “Just a little bit more…”.  If I can sell this stuff off and clear my inventory and bank, both of which I’ve maxed out on slots and are approaching full…I’d rather do that than have it sit around.

Thanks mates…Daro

aka @talyn#3391

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Nope, build has no influence. Each ship has “base admiralty stats” and often a special ability (“removes all +/- Tac” whatever) which are fixed and cannot be changed.

Basically everytime you unpack a ship the system recognizes it and adds its admiralty “card” equivalent to your collection of admiralty ships. So you can buy any ship, unpack it, and then trash it just for the admiralty card which will remain in your possession. That’s what many of us did when there were still cheap ‘mirror ships’ on the exchange. You don’t have to level the ship or equip it, just unpack it so it appears in your ship list and you can immediately discharge.

Check the zen ships in the zen store – often there are give away/other faction ships from one event or other you can claim, unpack and trash just to add to your admiralty armada. If you have a Romulan character you can often claim a bunch of Romulan ships as well.

Ship vendors may have some low tier unlocked ships you may have never claimed, and there are some you can buy for ec (Runabout) or dilithium ore. Even shuttles have their admiralty uses.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

Side note, if you have unique ships that cannot be reclaimed (those you bought with dilithium, lobi or ec) it’s best to Drydock them. They will be stored without any equipment but they keep their saved loadout (bridge officer setup, traits).

Ships you bought with zen or earned during a Summer/Winter event you can discharge to make room and reclaim in the future.

Ships Traits you unlocked will remain available even if you discharge the parent ship.

Delsaran Daro
    Fleet Member

So Marcase,

Just to be clear.  I think I understand the first part and it’s implications.  I can strip all the gear out of those ships and sell it.  However, do I understand correctly, (and I’m trying to be clear with terms and buttons) that I can then use the “Discharge” button that appears in my Starship Selection Window that pops up when I talk to the Ship Manager to get rid of them from my list but they STAY in my Admiralty slots?  The result would be I have all the ship slots open again but I still have them available for Admiralty?  Also, since it says, “this will destroy all items on the ship” I would have to physically remove every item one at a time and place it in my inventory in order to sell it?

My next question may also be elementary.  I have 10 dry dock slots.  Does it make sense to put ships in THERE first?  I have more ships than I do slots but the reason I’m asking is (If I understand correctly), putting a ship in dry dock strips the ship automatically (but does not destroy the items) and sends everything to inventory.  If that’s the case, the more time efficient thing for me to do would be to dry dock them first so I’m not dragging one bleeding piece of gear off at a time into inventory.  THEN bring them BACK out and discharge them?  They would STILL be part of my Admiralty list of available ships once I take them back out of dry dock and discharge them?

I hope I’m making sense and asking the questions clearly…

Daro

aka @talyn#3391

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

…The result would be I have all the ship slots open again but I still have them available for Admiralty?

Yes.

“…this will destroy all items on the ship” I would have to physically remove every item one at a time and place it in my inventory in order to sell it?

Yes.

…putting a ship in dry dock strips the ship automatically (but does not destroy the items) and sends everything to inventory

Yes.

…dry dock them first so I’m not dragging one bleeding piece of gear off at a time into inventory.  THEN bring them BACK out and discharge them?

Ah, sure.

…They would STILL be part of my Admiralty list of available ships once I take them back out of dry dock and discharge them?

Yup.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

PS, if you right-click an item (shield/weapon/whatever) you can set “protection to ON” – this prevents you from accidentally selling it. Mighty useful to prevent selling a unique Epic or Lobi item (been there, done that).

Delsaran Daro
    Fleet Member

Marcase,

You are an extraordinarily helpful individual.  I feel as though I ought to buy you a bottle of your preferred beverage…thank you.

Daro

aka @talyn#3391

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

You’re welcome.

A fleet’s role is to aid and assist its members so they in turn can assist others.
    As long as we can keep that ball rolling all’s well with the world.

Also:

Just saying 😉

Delsaran Daro
    Fleet Member

Ok…first…That was one of my problems.  I mistakenly had believed that equipping my ship mattered.  So I had EVERYTHING set to protected status on all of my ships.  I then had to go back and change them all to sell them once I dry docked and dismissed.

And…seriously…where the hell can I get Romulan Ale in the states…?  Like I don’t have enough mission quests already.  🙂

>[:^{]

Daro

aka @talyn#3391

Delsaran Daro
    Fleet Member

I went looking for this ale and found nothing but horrible reviews.  Says it turns everything it touches blue and tastes like yak.  A couple reviews said it tastes like a Tecate or Pacifico.  I actually like Pacifico but Tecate is kind of the Carling Black Label of Mexico.  Guess I wouldn’t mind just having the bottles around for the sake of the novelty but … well…would’t mind drinking one to see.  Not sure how crazy I am about having a blue mouth and tongue like I just finished a Blue Raspberry Slush Puppy.  Curious…how’s it taste?

Daro

aka @talyn#3391

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

I never remember afterwards 🤣

Delsaran Daro
    Fleet Member

Now THAT I would try…  🙂

aka @talyn#3391

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)

Whenever the missus and I go out (well, ‘went’ with this new COVID reality we live in) I often order a Blue lagoon cocktail. It’s as close as you can get with a blue drink without getting Vulcan-like raised eyebrows when asking for a Romulan Ale. A Blue Lagoon is similary simple as the recipe above. 2 parts Blue Curacao, 1 part Vodka, 1 part lime juice and the rest 7UP or Sprite.

Delsaran Daro
    Fleet Member

I will remember this…  🙂

aka @talyn#3391

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.