A quick update from your Admiralty

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck A quick update from your Admiralty

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Greetings 44th,

Since I didn’t post a usual monthly State of the Fleet here’s a quick 44th update.

As you may have noticed, your fleet Admirals are kind of quiet. Due to changing jobs, health issues and other real life circumstances your leadership has been absent these last two months which resulted in a lack of official organized activity – there hasn’t been a Search for Soolin in weeks for example.
    Both Fleet Admiral Sargon and Vice-Admiral Damix are taking a leave of absence, Sargon still logs in now and then and we hope that Damix will do to. Smooth sailings on your voyages gentlemen !

This all doesn’t mean the 44th is dead or dying, far from it, but you can call it pre-season 11 Andorian blues.
    Promotions still occur and fleet projects are still being slotted – everyone can still earn plenty of fleet marks – and this Forum is still checked daily by Fleet Staff, including yours truly.
    I am currently travelling across Holland and can only log in using dodgy public wifi, so my in-game presence has been reduced considerably, but I’ll be back full-time soon.

Behind the scenes Defcon and Lhivera have been writing a new personnel management system which will be helpfull in tracking promotions (and thus fleet store unlocks) acrosss our three fleets – this is really welcome as many of you have alts in all three, and sometime swap them hither and yonder and that brings extra padds and paperwork. You as a player won’t notice this at first but we hope transitions will be easier management wise.
    Big thanks to Defcon and Lhivera !

We will pick up the pace again when Season 11 goes live – precise date is still vague but looks more like November rather than end of this October. I can be wrong of course, also because the annual Winter Event will go live soon.

Edit: It’s official – Season 11 A New Dawn goes live October 27th.

Speaking of Season 11, the much awaited Fleet Admiralty (“ship card doff”) system will go live soon, which will let you use your currently owned ships in a somewhat similar way you use your Doffs; static cards you can send on missions to earn rewards. Like your Doffs, each ship will have unique abilities that will benefit the missions they will be conducting. Btw you can still use your ships normally and still send them on a ‘paper’ Admiralty mission.

It might be smart to look for some cheap mirror ships on the exchange – extra ships (even relatively poor ones) could become usefull in the new system, and so I expect (mirror) ships to rise in price. Store some packed ones in your bank for future use or a minor profit.

Similarly it’ll be smart to start stocking up on Dilithium now; new Seasons will come with new packs and having some extra dili/zen in your pocket will be welcome – don’t get caught up with the many ships being released right now and facing S11 with an empty bank. New Seasons see a hike in the dili/zen exchange and the price for keys and fleet modules etc.

And speaking of dilithium, a big thanks to our Admiral Blackout for finishing the KDF Research Lab – your dilithium donation(s) are very much appreciated !
    Again, fleet donations are voluntary, but appreciated as everyone benefits.

A big wave to Sensei_Krieger and Fatman as well for keeping an eye on things – the 44th never sleeps.

We will return to our regular schedule soon; Role-playing scenarios, Search for Soolins/riddles, tournaments and especially fleet ground and space runs. This ofcourse can be organized by you guys as well; if you have an idea for a fun fleet feature post it on this forum and we will support and offer rewards.

We just finished the Iconian War, so we’re on a short break replacing dilithium crystals in our personal warp cores – we’ll be ready and roaring for Season 11 !

Carry on 44th,
    Marcase

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Wayfarier
    Fleet Member

Thanks for the update. All MMO suffer from the blues before a new expansi N or season as it seems to be called here in STO.

But thanks for the heads up.

Hope those that are traveling, have health issues , new jobs are doing well. real life is always more important.

Looking forward to more fleet activities in the future. Until then, I am just leveling my two mains. So I am still spending my time trying to finish the current episodes or season so I will be close when the new content is released.

Lhivera
    Fleet Member

Thanks Marcase! Let me know if you stumble across a cache of parts for mid-80’s Saab 900’s…I know Denmark isn’t Sweden, but I gather the cars were popular throughout that part of Europe :). (I’m joking, I couldn’t have the parts shipped anyway!)

Things are definitely slow right now, and not just in our fleet — prices on upgrades have dropped some 20-25%, so I have to assume people have largely stopped upgrading gear while waiting for new stuff. I’m just puttering around getting alts repped up so I can stockpile some dilithium for the next lockbox. Will see you when I see you!

Loce
    Fleet Member

@Marcase wrote:

Greetings 44th,
    We will pick up the pace again when Season 11 goes live – precise date is still vague but looks more like November rather than end of this October. I can be wrong of course, also because the annual Winter Event will go live soon.

I’m pretty sure I’ve read somewhere that it goes live on 27th this month. Cant wait 🙂

@Marcase wrote:

Speaking of Season 11, the much awaited Fleet Admiralty (“ship card doff”) system will go live soon, which will let you use your currently owned ships in a somewhat similar way you use your Doffs; static cards you can send on missions to earn rewards. Like your Doffs, each ship will have unique abilities that will benefit the missions they will be conducting. Btw you can still use your ships normally and still send them on a ‘paper’ Admiralty mission.

It’s available on the Tribble server for past week or so. It’s not bad, but I’ve expected little bit more than just ship doff-ing 😐

@Marcase wrote:

We will return to our regular schedule soon; Role-playing scenarios, Search for Soolins/riddles, tournaments and especially fleet ground and space runs. This ofcourse can be organized by you guys as well; if you have an idea for a fun fleet feature post it on this forum and we will support and offer rewards.

Yep, I miss fleet activities and cant wait for things to pick up a bit, seems a bit quiet these days 🙂

Rainya
    Fleet Member

Thank you for the update, Marcase. It seems like I came back to being active at an odd time. Still excited though! 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.