44th Ground Force

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck 44th Ground Force

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

in an effort to get away from constant farming I have been trying to organize at least 3 space missions per night. it seems to be going okay.

I would really like to see more of the newer players join in.

just another reminder that the best ships, best gear and highest dps is not required to join in.

one area of the game that is totally ignored is ground.

I am going to start ground Tuesdays and Thursdays this Tuesday 02/24/15. we can start with normal missions and work up to advanced and elite. I would like to focus on the more challenging missions, for example, the hive.

the possibility to lose does exist, but I think that makes it more fun.

if you care to join for ground missions I plan on running them Tuesdays and Thursdays probably 6pm-8pm US CST.

if there is any interest we could also try running some ground on weekends. we will see what shakes out.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

Timezone permitting, count me in 😉

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Lhivera
    Fleet Member

Sounds like fun — been hard for me to run space missions for a few days, as I’ve had a lot of gear on upgrade timers. A chance to do some ground missions would be welcome.

A bit of advice would also be welcome — I recently put together a Nukara set. It’s got an AOE group defensive three-piece bonus, but the energy resistance on the environmental suit is lower than my standard body armor. Is that a worthwhile tradeoff? How important are those resistances in ground missions?

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Sargon, I support your initiative. Ground battlezones could also be included, especially since they will get xp rewards soon (already on tribble). You could also announce it through fleet message of the day.

Lhivera
    Fleet Member

I should note that I’m more likely to be around for the later part of that time range than the earlier part. I generally get home around 5:15 central and then spend some time with my wife before getting into the game. But I’ll join in when I can.

Blackout
    Fleet Member

@Lhivera wrote:

A bit of advice would also be welcome — I recently put together a Nukara set. It’s got an AOE group defensive three-piece bonus, but the energy resistance on the environmental suit is lower than my standard body armor. Is that a worthwhile tradeoff? How important are those resistances in ground missions?

Depends on the mission. Generally, I’d go with a set of armour that provides hefty resistances, rather than an environmental suit, since one shot/high damage situations are not uncommon in ground. That said, I would switch to Nukara for something that requires toxic resists (like bug hunt).

CodeWarrior316
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

I do ground all the time will be happy to join if y’all will at least listen if I say you aren’t doing it right, etc. LOL.

I like the CC set with disruptor weapon as it has nice resists but I use a different kit for only the 3 piece bonus. The 4 piece bonus would be really nice on BHE but I never bother switching. The omega set is quite good too, but no longer stacks.

More important to ground is to have a good set of kit abilities, understand them, and use them.

The TR-116 is very nice for a lot of missions and I have a mix of other weapons that are maybe slightly better in some mission situations.

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral

the fleet accidentally ended up in the cure ground today….turned out to be a disaster, but good training.

since it is Tuesday i will be trying to get some ground runs together probably around 6pm US CST.

Lhivera
    Fleet Member

I’ll probably miss tonight. Late night maintenance 11pm – 2am tonight, so I’ll probably be napping this evening. Hopefully join you on Thursday!

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral

very light crowd on this Tuesday but I will keep trying to arrange for ground on tue & thur and some on weekends.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.