44th Fleet Logo (Requested)

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck 44th Fleet Logo (Requested)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    MichaelGarza33
    Fleet Member

Ok so I mentioned that in real life love to edit pictures and graphics, creating logos and other images as a personal Hobby/Obsession. I was requested to attempt to make a Logo for our Mighty 44th. Here is my first try. The field of black signifies the vast darkness of Space. The Blue is for the Naval aspects of Starfleet. Stars are self-explanatory. And finally our Mascot, the Phoenix and the Latin phrase which translates to “From the ashes of war we are born” It signifies the birth of the 44th from the ashes of the Dominion War. Hopefully Fleet Command will be please. I will be happy to create more Unit Logos if asked. In game currency would be nice if you can afford it.

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Great work!

Maybe you could make “44th” stand out a little as it isn’t clear at the moment.

I like the connection with dominion war and our charter where phoenix is mentioned.

Marcase
    Admiral (Retired)
    Founder 44th Delta FleetFleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

It reminds me of the Romulan warbird with the two large stars are like Romulus and Remus being held by the warbird. I wouldn’t mind seeing the 44th logo swapped with the Starfleet emblem.

It’s a nice design.

"Boldly bashing Borg to bits since 2012..."

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

nice skills

MichaelGarza33
    Fleet Member

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Now that Marcase mentioned it, Phoenix as Mascot really looks too Romulan to be on the UFP patch.: )

Loce
    Fleet Member

You do know what was called the first warp ship, dont you 😉 ?

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

I know, but person piloting it was drunk, jk. 😀

With current political situation in galaxy, bird with opened wings is pointing toward Romulans.

Wayfarier
    Fleet Member

I really like that second one.

Almost every culture in the world had the bird or other animal rising from the ashes. So seeing the bird did not make me thing of Romulas at all and I play one!

defcon1776
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Nice job on the logo! I love the concept of the classic Phoenix archetype. I like the images with something in the breast of the phoenix as if to wrap it in its wings. I’m not certain which I’d rather see there though, SF chevron or 44. Perhaps a version more metallic or smooth finish version instead of a texture? IDK, what do you think? Keep up the awesome work!

MichaelGarza33
    Fleet Member

I will be looking into substitute Mascots.

MichaelGarza33
    Fleet Member

Ok, here it is with a slight change in Mascot. The quote is the same, however now we have the 3 headed Cerberus to represent the 3 Divisions covered by 44th’s Federation Feet.

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

I like this! Looks good!: )

Edit: I see some problems with your avatar. Try all try options: “Upload from your machine”, “Upload from a URL” and “Link off-site” – one will work for sure.

Wayfarier
    Fleet Member

Not a big fan of the 3 headed dog. Like the reason for using it, just the visuals do nothing for me.

Most military unit patches do tell a story, even if most people do not realize that. Most times it has to do with the battles the unit has fought it that brought the unit some frame or credit that made it worth keeping around.

For example I was in a unit that had a cactus, a castle and a palm tree on it. The cactus was for fighting against Mexico, the castle for some battle in WWI and the palm tree was for fighting in the islands during WWII.

Some are simple like the 1st Division (Big Red One) because it was the first infantry division established for WWI.

Guess that is why I like the first one it tells some of the story.

I know sentimental old army guy here. hehe

MichaelGarza33
    Fleet Member

Well basically this is the Fleet Patch so I have to make concessions to the desires of Fleet Command. Although the Phoenix fits most, they were right in that it calls back to the Romulans a bit too much. But as I said I will make Patches for individuals, either Units or Persons if requested.

For instance, I made this for my Crew on he U.S.S. Mjolnir.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.