Question about Loot Box Keys

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Question about Loot Box Keys

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

Well I have joined a lot of the STO Reddit groups, and one of the things that came up was a loot boxes and keys.

A poster asked about the odds of getting a starship from a loot box, and they all told him it would be better to just buy the keys and sell them on the Exchange, and buy the starship for EC.

Well I came into $20.00 for my birthday, (sent from a friend) and the wife says I can use it for “your game“, so I was just wondering how well to the loot box keys sell? I hate to buy them, and wait for 6mths to a year for them to sell.

I saw a T6 Klingon ship on the Exchange D7 Temporal Battlecruiser (some sort of Temporal Box it was one of the choices).

Edit: And yes I know you cannot tell me how quick it will sale, it will be just a guess.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 12 months ago by SgtKen60.

aka @sgtken60 "AKA Grumpy Old Klingon/Andorian

RatheMagius
    Fleet Member
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

As long as you are pricing them just below whatever the current price they’re selling for is, fast usually. I’ve never had keys stay up for more than 12 hours pricing them right.

For instance, yesterday the price on the Exchange was 4.55m per key. I put a bunch up for 4.5m and they all sold almost as fast as I put them up.

Other times, you put them up just under the price on the Exchange, then someone does the same thing to your price. So theirs sell first, but if you keep yours up there they will eventually sell.

Price you’ll get also depends on time of day and what sort of sales are going on. During the key sale, for instance, price tends to drop down to 4.1-4.2m per key. But during times like these where we have a relatively new lockbox out, and no key sales, 4.5m is pretty common. I usually don’t let myself sell keys for under 4.3m.

aka @rathemagius

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

Thanks @RatheMagius

Hollywood_NZ
    Commodore

I’ve sold maybe 50 or so over the last couple of months, I take a slightly different approach.  Normally I put em up for 4.6 or 4.7 mil, depending on what the low rate is.  I’ve had a couple above 4.8 mil.

Depends if you can be patient, or need a quick EC injection.  Low bidders tend to nickle and dime each other, but mine have always sold in a day or two.

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

Thanks @Mike

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.