Pirates a Question

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Pirates a Question

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

I am posting this here, because I think it fits here. If I am wrong please move it. Or if this has already been asked please feel free to fire a full broadside of Phasers at me. 🙂

When I starting watching Star Trek (TOS), one of my favorite races/factions in the show was the Orion Pirates. And not just for the Green Women 🙂 it was also the race I played in Star Fleet Battles, I just liked the idea of Space Pirates (Ice Pirates too – LoL).

So when I start STO, I was hoping for Pirates – Orion and/or others, and while you can make Orions in the KDF, for me it is not the same, and the story line STO uses for the Orions in the KDF seems to make sense, so I am not knocking it.

So I my question is if Star Trek Online started a Pirate Faction would you play it?

BTW: My answer is Yes.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by SgtKen60.

aka @sgtken60 "AKA Grumpy Old Klingon/Andorian

Shohom
    Fleet Member
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

It definitely would be an interesting faction. Sub factions like pirates, maquis and so on could be a diverse and different playing experience

The longest journey is the discovery of oneself

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

Yeah the I figure they could do like the Romulan Story line round Level 9-10 all races/factions can jump off there normal story line and have the choice of becoming a Pirate (maybe Orions could pick it from the start). BUT unlike the Romulan story line you lose access to your normal faction/race Star Ships, and only have access to the Pirate Star Ships.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by SgtKen60.

Shohom
    Fleet Member

Unfortunately the devs are bent on following the Discovery show and trying to stick to canon. However, the advantage of pirates is that there is hardly any canon to consider 😛

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Probably yes, similarly like I played Jem’hadar storyline – but I probably wouldn’t continue because I want to have only one main character. It would be interesting to have option to earn bad reputation by doing pirate stuff as an alternative to the current “hero of the galaxy” playstyle.

Shohom
    Fleet Member

A ‘Karma’ system like the fallout games?

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Yes, I think – although I can’t fully remember how it was. Star Citizen has a good “bad rep” system in place. Based on the pace the content is developed I don’t expect something like that would be introduced, especially since only some players would play it.

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

Well it could be set up as a series of episodes, where the choices you pick determine if you are a – Pirate, an Freedom Fighter (maquis), or a mercenary.

I will not get into the debate of Discovery  and Star Trek Canon, I see how it blows up on the STO forum – LoL. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.