Klingon Defense Force

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Klingon Defense Force

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Dirk
    Fleet Member

Choas, thank you for the welcome.  I may take you up on your offer of “peace keeping”.

Sargon, I joined your club.  I was on last night but didn’t have much time.  I saw you all did a fleet run but I am baby Klingon (lvl 12) so as soon as I get some more levels I’ll join the runs.

Keep your chin up and stick with it others will come around.

Qapla’!

aka @thraxin#7901

Dirk
    Fleet Member

qaleghqa’mo’ jIQuch!

So what happened to this idea?  It looked like it was going to be a good turn out but lately nothing.  As you all know STO does not allow cross faction TFO runs unless you have a full 5  captain crew.  It is quite difficult sometimes to get 5 fleet members to join a TFO.  I would like to start joining fleet runs with my Klink.  Yes i’m being selfish here.

Sargon’s idea motivated me, and others, to create Klingon characters and as it turns out I quite like my Klink.  Finally got him to level 65 the other day so I am starting to have some fun.  Sadly though I still cannot do any fleet TFO runs with my klink.  To be fair I have been able to run a couple but not on a regular basis.

Lately Klingon activity on Wednesday has dropped off.  I was on yesterday and last night and noticed that I was the only one logged on from the 44th Assault Squadron.

This was Sargon’s idea so it’s his baby but I am appealing to my Klingon brothers and sisters let’s give this a restart.

Please make a point to log in on Wednesdays with your Klingon and let’s have some full Klingon Fleet TFO runs.

Wednesday is a good day to die.

Qapla’

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Dirk. Reason: text formatting
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Dirk. Reason: spellings

aka @thraxin#7901

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

qaleghqa’mo’ jIQuch! Qapla’

Well I hate to say it I got distracted 🙂 I got the Temporal Agent Starter Pack/Paladin Battlecruiser and I have been working the heck out of it.

But I am planning to play Dahar Master Kalok more after tomorrow morning, she is in a brand new Vanguard Dreadnought Cruiser, that I need to get her ship mastery on.

Once she gets mastery on it I hoping I will have the T6 Free Tokens to get her a proper Klingon ship. Was at 2150 this morning Eastern AM.

Qapla’!

aka @sgtken60 "AKA Grumpy Old Klingon/Andorian

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

Wings of Kahless ‘Brothers in Arms’ (Vorcha & Neghvar class)
    https://youtu.be/Vaj-3s0NKQw

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by SgtKen60.

Slethth
    Fleet Member

I have a klingon side char, 2 even, but i am short on time, its summer, lots of work in the house and then i also work in shifts, it will hbe difficult for me to join but if im online give a shout!

I hope theres even some interest in the harder elite space missions, its the only challenge left for me in this game, i mostly die or in a pug often its not even played to the end.

aka @Naebliss

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

Well @Slethth, I do not do to much Elite stuff. But saying that if we are ever on at the same time let me know I can a least take some of the heat off your ship.

I have KDF JH Engineer – He uses the JH Vanguard Dreadnought Cruiser.

And I have parked my Fed Engineer for a bit, while I like him and will be keeping him. But I am happier playing KDF.

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

So I had been pushing KDF Wednesday’s, but my wife now has a health issue which has cut into my free time.  Glad to see some activity on the thread.

Akula2045
    Fleet Admiral
    Team Player

Sorry to hear that Sargon.  My best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I was kinda looking forward to War Crime Wednesdays….I mean KDF Wednesdays.

aka @akula2045, @hadron3000#5120

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

Sargon, if you need someone to talk to let me know. I have gone through that myself.

Dirk
    Fleet Member

Sargon, I am sorry to hear about your wife’s medical challenge.  My wife and I will be praying for a speedy recovery for her,  peace for you and strength and courage for you both in this trying time.  Maybe mix up some blood wine and have her drink that.  I’ll see if I can find a recipe for you.

To everyone else, KDF Wednesday is Sargon’s baby so he is Captain of this ship.  Having said that and in an effort to keep this going in his absence I am assuming command of KDF Wednesday.  Any questions?  Any challengers?  Ok then.  Let’s move on.

For my first act as Commanding Officer (Temp) of the I.K.S. Wednesday of House Sargon, I am promoting myself to Lieutenant / First Officer. If someone else wants the job bring your bat’leth and let’s discuss.

Let’s have a good showing tomorrow (Wednesday, 26th) and cause some Klingon mayhem in Honor of Sargon and his mate.  Chaos, Slethth, Akula I expect to see you and your Klingon ships,  I know there are other Klingons just waiting to get let out.  Come join us.

I think we should have some sort of activity planned for each Wednesday.  Please provide suggestions of activities that are appropriate to advance the Honor of House Sargon and the Empire.

My suggestions

1) TFO’s with full Fleet team.  We will even let the Fed’s join us if we need them.  Maybe try an elite run.
    2) A named mission TBD later.  I have been playing with the PI Canis Sortie run’s maybe there is something there.  I ran the         Alpha yesterday need to run Bravo.
    3) Discuss doing some regular Elite TFO run’s.

That’s all for now my brothers (and sisters if there are any).

Qapla’!

aka @thraxin#7901

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

Well I going to bring this thread back up to the forefront again. I know most of the players in game and in fleet are Federation, I know this little thread will not bring many over to the KDF. But I would like to see more KDF in the 44th Assault

I think this largely because there is more Fed Ships, and Star Trek was more Fed-Base. But for me there were three races in Star Trek that stood out to me as a kid and then as an adult – Orion, Gorn and the best of the best the Klingons. So when I change from Champions Online to Star Trek Online, I planned to play KDF.

But I started watching YouTube videos, and I started a Romulan Alien and allied him to Federation. Well he was okay, but I  was never really happy with him. I just did not like feel the Federation, and I am not knocking the Fed, this is a personal reason but more I played him/Federation less I like him.

I wish I was better with words, so I could explain better. But I like the IDEA of a Federation, I just could not get into playing them. So after trying, and trying to play and stay interested in a Federation Toon, I accepted I cannot do it. So now I play only KDF Allied or KDF Toons.

Now this thread was about KDF Wednesdays and while I could not always join up because of the hours I play. I hope that we are still doing this?

So if you are tired of the Federation, and something beats in heart that is different, older, stronger, braver. If there is something deep in you that thrills in to listening to old battle songs, or loves bikers and or Vikings!

Make a KDF Toon and let the WARRIOR in you RAGE!

QAPLA’!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNTVzwjEyb4

Dirk
    Fleet Member

I feel ya SgtKen:

I try to play my KDF as much as possible but STO is very restrictive.  For instance TFO fleet runs.  Unless you have 5 players willing to do the fleet run then you have to be all the same.  Since most of our fleet is FED I end up switching to my FED toon to join in the fun.

Anyway looking forward to this Saturday for the KDF meetup in 1st City.

aka @thraxin#7901

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

I try to play my KDF as much as possible but STO is very restrictive

Yeah, I know and I understand that is one of the many reasons why there is more Feds. But I am a stubborn old sailor, and once I set my mind on something it is stuck.

So all I will play is my KDF, I no longer even have a Fed. So most of my TFO’s are pick-ups, but with the new Patrol system (which I really like) I am doing less TFOs now.

I know it sounds strange to do the game this way, but it is were I get the most enjoyment out of the game. So I will play just the KDF, unless STO comes out with a “Pirate” Faction.

Dirk
    Fleet Member

Well D’urk (my klink) and his crew are happy to fly with you anytime.

Maybe you and I can work together to revive KDF Wednesday that Sargon started but never really got off the ground.

As a first goal, let’s try to run at least 1 Klingon only TFO or patrol every Wednesday.  If we can accomplish that then we can take the next step.  Whatever that may be.

To honor Sargon and his wife while they go through this difficult time in their life.  Place appropriate battle song here.

Qapla’!

aka @thraxin#7901

SgtKen60
    Fleet Member

Well D’urk (my klink) and his crew are happy to fly with you anytime.

I am more than willing, BUT my job interferes a lot with game time, I play the most around 2AM EST M-F. But my vacation got approved for next month so I am hoping I will be off for a week.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.