Discovery Ships

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Discovery Ships

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    cousincoffee
    Fleet Member

Hello,

Im posting in here, my wonderful fleet in the hopes someone out there is able to help!

I want a discovery ship, either the Crossfield or Constitution…..I know how high demand the Flight Deck Carrier is but nonetheless, I dont want to have to spend even more of my actual money on promo packs and im not buying an energy credit boost just to save for-fkn-ever to get one. I mean if thats where im pushed to sure, but I really dont have that sort of disposable income.

I’m willing to discuss prices/ongoing payments or anything like that if anyone would be willing to help a brother out. If you are able to, either reply/message on here or drop me a message in game.

No worries if nobody can, just thought i’d ask the mighty 44th before I start crying…

aka @cousincoffee#6962

cousincoffee
    Fleet Member

*UPDATE*

I’ve reached my 15,000,000 cap. So if anyone is willing to help I can give them that straight away, willing to pay my EC earnings to whomever may help daily until the price they have paid is matched.

I do understand this is a big ask, but for someone who loves the game, this fleet and community I just think it’s understandable. I don’t want to have to chuck more money at the game when I’ve already spent £40 this month.

I do have some equipment I’ve upgraded to XV I don’t want anymore so again those and any other equipment I have people may want. Also willing to help people grind TFOs and stuff.  Literally pretty much prepared to do anything short of spend anymore real money…or selling myself.

aka @cousincoffee#6962

BreakingForce
    Fleet Admiral
    Team Player

first, the ec cap increase is a 500 zen (5 USD, or less than 4 pounds sterling) purchase that takes your ec cap per character from 15,000,000 up to 2,000,000,000. it’s absolutely recommended. if you can only ever get one thing from the c-store, get that. don’t forget that refined dilithium can be exchanged for zen. as a fleet member, the fleet dil mine has a daily 5-10s long mission that allows you to refine an extra 500 dil/day. that takes you up to a possible 8500 dil refined per day per character. the value in zen will vary based upon the dilithium exchange prices, but at current prices, that works out to about 20 zen/character/day.

second, STO is about the long game.

third, the cheapest disco connie on the exchange is 1.07b ec. if you maxed out your ec daily and paid a benefactor, it’d still take about 72 days to match the cost. the cheapest crossfield is better, at 488m. at 15m/day, it still comes in at 33 days. if you absolutely need to have a disco ship for whatever reason, you might consider the Buran (c-store), Gagarin (c-store), or Walker (the Shenzhou is a Walker) (203m on exchange or 900 lobi). Or the Fleet version of the buran or gagarin, which will cost you 20k fleet credits and 5 fleet ship modules (which you can earn 1 of for each reputation you get to t6, or buy on the exchange for about 13.5m a piece currently).

I’m working on being able to afford a disco connie and/or various other ships for myself, but i’m afraid i can’t yet. So i can’t really help with anything but advice right now.

BreakingForce
    Fleet Admiral
    Team Player

Another piece of advice that i’d give to newish players…heck, any players at all, really. i’m afraid it might come too late in this instance to be of much help tho.

lockboxes are random, with a very low chance to give you a ship. iirc, it’s like 1 ship for 200-300 lockbox opens. of course, Cryptic haven’t given us this information. it’s been tested out by the community. at their expense. i’d assume the chances for an r&d promo pack to give a ship might be about similar, but again have no official confirmation/denial of this.

of course, you could have insane luck and get what you want on your first handful of boxes opened. but if not, the contents of especially r&d promo boxes are fairly worthless. i mean, yeah you get 10 lobi guaranteed…but crafting mats are generally low-value. lockboxes will give at least 4 lobi, with a chance at a lot more, as well as various other stuffs you can sell to at least minimize any losses incurred.

the safe bet is always to buy the ship(s) you want on the exchange. if you want to spend zen, you can buy lockbox keys or fleet ship modules (or doffs, i guess) and sell them on the exchange for credits. (after using some zen to get the ec cap increaser so you can hold your profits)

Phoenix
    Fleet Admiral
    Fleet Shindig Risa 2019Team Player

I second what BreakingForce said. All of it. Buy keys when on sell if you can. Sell them on the exchange. Buy what you really want. Happy dance. 🙂

aka @phoenix#6622

cousincoffee
    Fleet Member

Seems fair,

I think in future im gonna start doing the buying keys and selling on exchange. I dont think i can wait until the next time they decide to put the MW Flight Deck in a promo again. I NEED THAT DAMN SHIP!

aka @cousincoffee#6962

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.