UR vs Epic Warp core

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck UR vs Epic Warp core

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Briarned
    Fleet Member

No matter how hard I try, I can’t see any stat difference. What does Epic get you?

• This topic was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by Briarned.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Chanfron
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

all the stats are exactly the same from what I can see, so going epic has made no difference. that’s what it looks like to me

G’Luv
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

It “should” get a Weapons Power to Shields Mod [W->S] like every other warp core does at EPIC.

Maybe just a typo. See if your shield power increases when equipping.

Briarned
    Fleet Member

I have not upgraded it yet, as I don’t want to waste the ultimate upgrade if there is no effect. I might try it on tribble and see what happens.

To clarify – the screenshot shows the tooltip from the upgrade dialog. So maybe this is the part that’s broken and it would be different with a real item.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by Briarned.
    Briarned
    Fleet Member

OK, I went on Tribble and upgraded it. Epic version does get[W->S], so it’s the upgrade tooltip that is incorrect.

Chanfron
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

another new cryptic “feature” then lol

Paradoxical
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

As stated in my guide, ALL cores (singularity and antimatter) gain W—>S at epic.

Gotta love cryptic!

Harley
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

And it’s worth it.  What I haven’t found is any advantage of going from mark XIV to mark XV with my epic warp core.  Is that another omission on the tool tip, or is their no benefit?

aka @SolarEagle

Paradoxical
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

No benefit unless it has [REP] for warp cores or [GG], [PI], or [PG] for singularity. Even so, it might not warrant using your Dil and upgrades to squeeze out the little it gives you. It’s a personal choice.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.