STO Getting too far from Star Trek Storyline?

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge The Oasis Recreation STO Getting too far from Star Trek Storyline?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    GTVADeimos

Just a small note of worry for me

Ok I know some are excited by the prospect of shiny ships and modules however I am more a fan of Star Trek itself being a middle aged person brought up on a diet of TOS. The Assimilated Tal Shiar ships are for me just going a bit too far and I would not call myself a Trek purist generally never mind someone into RP. I am somewhat worried where the game will develop from here, Undine/Borg hybrid ships perhaps, I hope not.

p.s.
    Yeah I am an old fart.

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

i think you make a valid point. i recall at the end of voyager that the federation had ships that the borg could not touch. the federation advanced, they did not just take borg stuff and make it their own.

i would like to see more development of ships and weapons on the federation side. star fleet should be able to develop their own weapons, etc. and not have to copy some alien.

same with roms & kdf. why is everyone copying borg? if you want borg stuff go get assimilated.

ygeva
    Fleet Member

This exactly what Janeway did in Unimatrix Zero. 🙂
    As for why copying Borg Technology?
    THThe borg lack creative thinking. They cant make anything on their own. They assimilate others’ technology. So when you copy from a borg, you copy from the copier, who copied from someone else, who copied from another person – and so on.

Vindleth
    Fleet Member

If they make borg faction then we wouldnt have to use borg tech :-D.
    We could have it all buhahahahaha.

horridperson
    Fleet Member

The assimilated ships don’t herald a departure from classic Trek so much as the “foreign policy” of the Federation. The idealism that characterized the TOS and later incarnations of the series are lacking. The interventionist manner Starfleet behaves in is far more troubling for me than the presence of modified vessels; We already have borg tech accessible by way of missions and omega rep so it seems in line with the directions things have moved in.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.