Paradoxical's Crazy/Not So Crazy Star Trek Theories

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Paradoxical's Crazy/Not So Crazy Star Trek Theories

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Paradoxical
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

From time to time, I let my imagination take hold of my messy brain and I come up with some crazy, and sometimes not so crazy, theories. I sometimes share them with others who, frankly, can’t believe them. So I have made this thread to share them with you. I will post CANON evidence I have gathered to show you why my theories make sense to me. Then, you all can discuss these or just flat out tell me I am bat s*** crazy and leave it at that. I will post my first one shortly. I call it “The Ba’ku and Son’a are really just Xindi Primates”. *GASP*

Paradoxical
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

The Ba’ku and Son’a are really Xindi Primates:

I know this might sound a little far-fetched, but hear me out. As stated above, all of my evidence comes from canon sources. (T.V. Shows, Movies, Official Books)

First Piece of Evidence:
    As stated in the movie Star Trek: Insurrection, the Ba’ku fled their homeworld “over 300 years ago” because their people were developing weapons threatening to wipe out all life. The key here is the time at which this was said. ST:I takes place in 2375. Given what was said, this mass exodus could have taken place between 1976 and 2074. Quite a span of time, but bear with me.

Now according to the Enterprise episode “The Shipment”, Gralik (a Xindi Arboreal) tells Captain Archer that the Xindi were engaged in a civil war from sometime in the 1930’s until the 2030’s. The War only ended when the Xindi Reptilians and Insectoids detonated explosives in the seismic fissures of the Xindi Homeworld and destroyed the planet, killing an entire species of Xindi, the Avians.

Could this be the weapons the Ba’ku ran from? Could be. If the Ba’ku were indeed fighting this civil war, and learned about what the Reptilians and Insectoids were planning, it could be that they were tired of fighting the war and that when they found out the Xindi Plan, they decided to get away before they all were killed.

Second Piece of Evidence:

Look at this map of the location of the Delphic Expanse from the book Stellar Cartography: The Starfleet Reference Library released in 2003. (ISBN 1477805974)

As you can see, this is an image of it magnified at the point where the Delphic Expanse was until 2154. It also shows the location of current day locations for reference. Here we see Azati Prime, where the Xindi produced the Earth-Killing Probe. Also, we see New Xindus, where the Xindi would eventually establish their new homeworld. We know the Sphere Builders found and helped the Xindi when their original homeworld was destroyed. It is reasonable to assume that the old homeworld was inside the Delphic Expanse because that was the second planet they searched for the Xindi when a Xindi Primate told him where it was. (Enterprise Episode: The Xindi)

Now take a look at the lower left hand corner of the map. There you will see the Briar Patch and the Ba’ku planet!

Could this be the place the Ba’ku fled to? The Briar Patch was known to be a rough place, and a Planet inside of that would be the perfect place to flee from war. It is certainly close enough to the Expanse for the Ba’ku to make the trip.

An explaination for the differences in appearance between the Ba’ku and Xindi Primates:

This was mentioned to me when I first proposed this theory. I have an explaination for this as well: The Metaphasic Radiation.

While we do know this radiation can reverse the aging process, it is how it is done is what is of interest. According to one Ba’ku on the planet, “It continuously regenerates our genetic structure.” While this does indeed have the affect of making you younger, healthier, and nearly immortal, it did have 1 unintended side effect. It also can change those genetic structures.

Proof of this is none other than Geordi La Forge. He was born blind. Not due to sickness, age, or physical injury. It was genetic. Somehow, the radiation reversed this genetic defect and made him see for the first time in his life. So the radiation changed his genetic code in the process of regenerating it and fixed this defect. To top it all, he spend at most a week there. Not long enough to be permanent, but long enough to work.

If this radiation can do that, who is to say that it cannot also change other body parts and eventually looks? Everything you are, how you look, even how you function is controlled by your genes. If this radiation can change Geordi’s genes enough to where he can see, it is not unreasonable to assume that it can change facial features, hairlines, and even height and weight.

As for it’s effect being temporary on the Enterprise crew, perhaps they did not stay long enough to make them permanent. The Ba’ku, and to a lesser extent the Son’a, spent a LONG time on the planet. Maybe enough time to make some of those changes permanent.

What do you guys think?

*Mind Blown*

😀

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.