If You're Getting The "No Text Visible" Bug, Try The Following

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck If You're Getting The "No Text Visible" Bug, Try The Following

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    KirksFavoriteSon
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

from drogyn1701 on Reddit:

Start the game in Safe Mode from the launcher Options menu. That seems to restore the text for most people. If not, this was posted by another user:

1) Close STO

2) Go to your “Star Trek Online\Live\Localdata” folder and open Gameprefs.Pref

3) Find the line “PrefEntry GfxSettings.DeviceType Direct3D9”

4) Delete Direct3D9, so the line now reads “PrefEntry GfxSettings.DeviceType”

5) Relaunch the game, see if it’s fixed.

It wouldn’t be STO without launch day bugs as numerous as tribbles in a grain bin! We’ll get through it; we always do. See you in game, captains!

P.S. The new forums look great! Thanks to everyone who puts in the work to make them happen

~ Shaw

aka @CobaltBlueHero

horridperson
    Fleet Member

The other option is to start the game in safe mode from the launcher. Doing this should give you a readable UI then you should be able to tweak options at the captain selection screen to get STO playing nice with your graphics card again. I prefer this option because I still use a lot of programs that play better with dx9 and wouldn’t want to remove it for the sake of a single game. Once you “explain” things to STO it the options it should cooperate with any external programs it utilizes.

Captain Huckabee
    Fleet Member

Thanks, this helped me.  Now I am having a problem with the game freezing up during loading screens.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.