I miss playing STO

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck I miss playing STO

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Negator
    Fleet Member

This is like the 20th crash since the LoR expansion came out. I cant remember what playing STO unfettered is like. I miss being able to change characters or move maps on a whim. I miss doing fleet runs with you guys. I miss STO the way it was before NW and LoR came to the servers.

I know I know, do I want some cheese with my whine…..

Inferno
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

My cable was out for 10 hours today. I had time when it came back up to claim and restart my rep projects. I feel like I got more done than I usually do in the last week or so. 😀

srwafu
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

I know this is the typical European complaint, but almost every day this week the server is down from 4pm for 2-3 hours – which for me is prime playing time, so Im dont really doing anything useful in game these last few days. Again today the game will be off from 4pm for 90min(unless it gets extended again).

bodgeup
    Fleet Member

I know I personally have found it hard to keep myself interested in STO recently! Its just got too much to buy! I don’t mean there is too much gear i just mean its to hard to get now! I mean I just can’t seem to raise the Fleet credits anymore! Since our SB reached T5 the projects have been far and few between, then the ones there are are always filled in an instant. Also the returns are a joke! I need to raise FM to buy the new ROM BOFF’s which are 120000 FM each! how do i get that and also need 3 of em? I don’t know it just seems a mission to get all the new gear. What happened to being able to buy everything just by playing and not having to set alarms etc. If they were to add FM which could be bought with ZEN i wouldn’t mind as then i may get the chance to get the gear i want! It was a fluke i got enough for the 3 rare ROM BOFFS at 60000FM each. There is just far too much to think about now and thats where all the time ends up going! what happened to just playing!

Anyway thats just me! I still like to play don’t get me wrong, its just it seems to have lost its playability.

Latinumbar
    Admiral (Retired)
    Team Player

@bodgeup wrote:

I know I personally have found it hard to keep myself interested in STO recently! Its just got too much to buy! I don’t mean there is too much gear i just mean its to hard to get now! I mean I just can’t seem to raise the Fleet credits anymore! Since our SB reached T5 the projects have been far and few between, then the ones there are are always filled in an instant. Also the returns are a joke! I need to raise FM to buy the new ROM BOFF’s which are 120000 FM each! how do i get that and also need 3 of em? I don’t know it just seems a mission to get all the new gear. What happened to being able to buy everything just by playing and not having to set alarms etc. If they were to add FM which could be bought with ZEN i wouldn’t mind as then i may get the chance to get the gear i want! It was a fluke i got enough for the 3 rare ROM BOFFS at 60000FM each. There is just far too much to think about now and thats where all the time ends up going! what happened to just playing!

Anyway thats just me! I still like to play don’t get me wrong, its just it seems to have lost its playability.

If you need credits, we run embassy provision projects on request. Just send a PM when you are ready. All we ask is that you be able to fill most of the fleet mark and dilithium requirement (420 fleet marks and 25,000 dilithium).

bodgeup
    Fleet Member

Thanks I’ll let you know, thanks.

I’ll need to gather a pool of resources on my ROM toon 1st to be able to contribute, i’ll need as much Dil & fleet credits won’t I? So can I contribute to the FED holdings with a ROM toon?

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

i seem to be caught up in a never ending grind with 4 characters working on the nukura project and of course my romulan working on the rom rep system. on the romulan i will wait awhile before i start any omega project.

i have thousands of FMs on a couple of characters, which need nothing, like Sargon and i am starving for FMs on other characters like my romulan Sargun.

i think i will get back to playing STO and let the grind get on the back burner for a change. it may take awhile, but i want to get back to just playing for fun…..when i can. emergency maintenance has been a real problem.

CodeWarrior316
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

I haven’t started a Romulan char for many of those reasons… So just grinding Nukara and dil, and that’s about it.

Latinumbar
    Admiral (Retired)
    Team Player

@bodgeup wrote:

Thanks I’ll let you know, thanks.

I’ll need to gather a pool of resources on my ROM toon 1st to be able to contribute, i’ll need as much Dil & fleet credits won’t I? So can I contribute to the FED holdings with a ROM toon?

It depends. You pick to ally with either fed or kdf. Then you join the respective fleet. Advantage for joining fed:
    – T5 shipyard (but this is only an advantage if you are looking for a T5 fleet Romulan ship)
    – T5 sci “soon”, but probabaly at least another 3-4 weeks given the timer.

Advantage for joining KDF:
    – More opportunity for donating marks and dilithium to earn fleet credits
    – Elite disruptor weapons eventually (which are better than the elite phaser weapons on the fed side)
    – More room on fleet roster
    – Romulans can take advanatage of other kdf ships that have cloak.

(we have T4 shipyard so you can get ‘most’ fleet ships already)

Blackout
    Fleet Member

I just want to add one advantage for the rom-fed alignment : battle cloak on a Fed toon. (that was my deciding factor after feds got Leech)

bodgeup
    Fleet Member

Thanks guy, I will most likely ally to FED as i seem to bias to FED! I just need to spend some more time in STO again. The problem is there are too many other good games out that i got to play! Need to make the most of my gaming rig! I avidly follow IGN.com and use that to know what out! Where would i be without the DAily FIX with Jessica chobot. If you played ME3 you probably know who she is as they modelled the reporter after her! She did voice over & Motion capture for the role! IGN has even showed me the world of Indie games! there are some really good ones out! U must of all played FTL (Faster than light) by now! If not why not its addictive!

The one thing i cant work out is why IGN have listed AAA games with indie games in the Top 10 rankings? The indie games seem to sit on top, how a game like FEZ gets a 9.5 i dont know? I know its in a different class of game but thats my point why list them on the same par as AAA games? I mean they gave Metro – Last light 7.7! To me Metro is a lot better than FEZ! Finally another Game that makes use of all my GPU resources! 60fps on MAX except don’t use AA and it loads my 7970 @ 90-95% mind u UI do have it OC’d @ 1100Mhz GPU & 6300Mhz RAM. Need to make the most of my 7970 as the 8970’s are on there way (So annoying as barely has 7970 a year and that cost me £388) so better start saving for one of those! They apparently will be 35% quicker! Hopefully it will be a 780 killer & £200 cheaper!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.