Application For CobaltBlueHero

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Recruitment Academy Application For CobaltBlueHero

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    KirksFavoriteSon
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Main character’s name: Shaw@CobaltBlueHero
    Location (at least time zone): Canada (Eastern Time)
    Are you Silver/gold/ or Lifetime?: Lifetime
    Tell us about yourself (trek/game history, whatever you want us to know about you):Wouldm’t want to bore anyone.
    Why did you choose the 44th: Was recommended here after posting a “Looking For Fleet” post on the STO forums: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=336071
    Have you read the rules: Yes
    Are you willing to use Teamspeak?: I can’t. There’s a problem with voip on my home network which has yet to be sorted. All the usual solutions have failed.

aka @CobaltBlueHero

Latinumbar
    Admiral (Retired)
    Team Player

Greetings, and thanks for applying.

We will get you a fleet invite soon. In the meantime, you will find more information about the fleet here in this thread, including how to join the private fleet channel. This channel is the primary way that members communicate with one another.
    http://startrek.44thfleet.com/forum/index.php?f=12&t=30&rb_v=viewtopic

Look forward to seeing you online.

edit: ok. invite sent.

KirksFavoriteSon
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Thank you. My main has received the invitation, and Shaw is in the Fleet.

I may have missed the policy on alts. I have two: Kolos@CobaltBlueHero (Fed Klingon Tac) and Kessler@CobaltBlueHero (Fed Human Eng). If it would be possible to get them into the 44th as well, then all my gameplay time could potentially provide Fleet resources.

As you like, and thanks again!

aka @CobaltBlueHero

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

i’m really glad to see you joined us. i could tell when i read your post this would be a perfect fit for you. i’m addicted to the game and STFs. i have an insatiable appetite for prototype so i’m always doing elite STFs. feel free to send an invite if you need a team member or just let me know or anyone else what we can do to help. a lot of great people in this fleet.

welcome aboard.

KirksFavoriteSon
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Thanks, Sargon. It was, indeed, your initial reply which brought the 44th to my attention, and I thank you for it.

I’ve been in-game with Shaw already, and I’m impressed with all that has been accomplished with the base to this point. While my previous fleet wasn’t that far behind, there were always projects which needed finishing. I logged in here, and everything was already underway. You’ve left me nothing to do today! 🙂 It’s an odd feeling.

Because I can’t do voice chat because of technical issues, the game did seem a tad quiet — but I’m normally a solo player, so that’s okay. I can live with quiet.

As for STFs, I’m only getting into them now, as I had some very bad experiences in STFs after they were first released — arrogant “armchair generals” screaming at everyone (not just me) because we weren’t instantly as “ub4r 1337” while playing as the self-styled generals were.

Lately, I’ve become interested in STFs again, though, and my inexplicable desire to own a set of MACO armor has increased. Maybe sometime, when I feel I won’t embarrass myself too completely, we can make an armor run on Khitomer Ground Elite?

As my buddy Zev used to say, “We’ll talk, we’ll bargain, we’ll negotiate” 🙂

Thanks again for the kind words, and for this warm welcome.

Cheers,

KFS

aka @CobaltBlueHero

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

i have most missions down including khitomer ground. it is the dreaded IGE that eludes me. we need to get together as a fleet and get some maco/omega sets completed. mkII.

i am a product of PUGs and my skin is thick. i do what it takes to get prototype and other good stuff. i’m always ready for an STF. like you i solo a lot, but want more fleet action on STFs.

horridperson
    Fleet Member

Like me, you want to preserve the general Star Trek feel of the gameplay. You’re not a Fleet of Timelords from Gallifrey, or dimension-lost Drow Elves. Your Fleet isn’t called Spock’s Brain or The Cheeseburger Cat Inc. or Murder Angels From Hell. You’re here for the Trek vibe, just like me.

This 😀 . Awesome! Welcome, I think we’ll get on fine.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.