What about the other new items? any one have opinions yet?

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck What about the other new items? any one have opinions yet?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bodgeup
    Fleet Member

Has anyone got any of the other new items that came with S6? I read about the 2 new ship devices which sound cool, the FED have a subspace jump module & KDF have a Point defence module which i know what what does but am interested in the FED ship device? Has anyone got one of those yet and if so whats it like?

I also read about the new phased tetryon weapons which i was rather dissappointed whith what i read about them. Tetryon + phaser perks? Im only going by my experience here but ive never really goner with phasers as i thought the perc only really worked with a certain class of officer? By this i mean i know phasers target certain sub-systems & kill them but i didn’t think the ability to target a certain sub system was an ability that a Tactical officer had (which is what my toon is)? Is my logic there incorrect? Also do any one in the fleet use phasers? If so whats there opinion on them? Do the perks work well? If you can actually target a particular sub sustem with any class of officer them maybe id be interested in trying out the phased tetryon weapons as i know the benifits of tetryon weapons can be pretty handy when used in a team where one guy had tetryon and the other AP etc? I was impressed with phased polarons when they came out as polarons are pretty handy at draining the targets power and couple with the perks from tetryon they were pretty effexctive in certain conditions. But i still fell back to AP;s. But i would like to hear what the phase tetryons are like in actual combat?

Also I read they also have new Tholian DOFF’s but they only are effective against a single enemy which means you would have to quickly assign the right DOFF before committing into battle. Also how would that actually work, dont tholians need a very different environment to survive? I wonder if they have there own EV suits to work on ship then have there quarters set to there environment.

What else is there that ive missed?

Oh yeah i got the TNG 25th aniversery bits from worf, I was well impressed with those(he says sarcastically) The TNG season 1 uniforms and worfs season 1 sash? Come on cryptic y not let us have bits from all the TNG crew? I hated the TNG s1 uniforms and i heard the cast hated them too. Also the sas would of been cool if only it was post S1, the s1 sash worf had was crap in my opinion. The sash he had after s1 was far cooler!

Let me Know on your opinions these new bits peeps? It will give anyone who doesnt have them a good idea if they are worth getting?

mrbruce1970
    Fleet Member

I use phasers on my ship, and i target shields as well. It’s fun dropping an enemies shields within a second of combat starting and messing them up with torpedo’s.

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

i have had a good run of luck lately. i got the subspace jump and it is pretty nice. looking forward to trying it on donatra, if i am on the wrong side of her, i can instantly jump behind her and fire all weapons.

i also got a tholian doff, but not sure how effective that is yet.

i got the 25th anniversary thing, but can’t seem to find it. i also never found my gift for doing the tribble. i don’t think i got it.

Latinumbar
    Admiral (Retired)
    Team Player

@Sargon wrote:

i also never found my gift for doing the tribble. i don’t think i got it.

I don’t think the Tribble reward has been released yet.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.