STO Player Poll

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck STO Player Poll

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Good day fleet,

STO team has started a vote on their official forum. Follow this link to participate. It ends on Monday, Febraury 16th, 2015 at aprox 10AM PDT.

Poll qustion is: What would you like to see more of, in STO?

I remember that on similar poll they were running, it was decided that players want Romulan faction and on another one that we want more stuff from Voyager. Game direction went that way so it could be important for us to make those few clicks.

fatman592
    Fleet Member

Most of the options miss the mark. For example, making some PvP maps won’t make PvP playable, a balance pass would. Most of the other items have similar problems.

So I voted for Exploration, as it’s the least of all evils.

They should have a option for bug fixes, it would have won easily.

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

I think that PvP Queues is just how CaptainSmirk called PvP System, not some specific part of PvP, more maps for example. They didn’t go to details on any poll option so I am sure “Queues” was understood in a wrong way.

My vote is Exploration too as that is part of the game I miss the most and reason why I came to STO. Although I enjoy story episodes the most, my hopes are Exploration missions would add more replay value if they ever introduce it as some completely new game mechanic.

fatman592
    Fleet Member

Tacofangs had a great question regarding exploration to players. Paraphrasing: “How do we make exploration without making millions of worlds or without making a few with scan ‘x’ 5 times missions?”

I think that’s a great question, and perhaps the foundry with the top 3 system is the best way to go. Makes me want to change my vote.

I don’t think them doing anything with PvP would be received well. To make PvP playable, huge nerfs would have to hit PvE. Imagine the rage…

But the foundry and PvP offer the best hope for both players and devs to provide that replay value, at a minimum of cost to develop.

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5

Lhivera
    Fleet Member

Really, as far as the way we experience the Star Trek universe through the game or the shows, exploration has really never been anything more than the macguffin — the pretense by which the characters are moved into position to begin the story. I don’t believe exploration can realistically serve any other purpose in the game — which means, in essence, that exploration is really just the beginning of a PvE “episode.” So more episodes is what I voted for.

horridperson
    Fleet Member

I think the best option is a combination of the the exploration and foundry overhaul. Exploration system needs to be integrated into a robust, accessible foundry. It’s the only way I can see enough content being produced to make it have any more re playability than series story missions. I think they need to provide a fixed incentive to authors. To illustrate this look at how people will play stupid min games because there is a prize at the end. Encourage people to make a worthwhile addition to the game and reward them for doing it.

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Foundry and Top3 system is great, it would be even better if players are given tools similar to those of developers to make it shine. But I think Exploration missions should become new pillar of STO as we need to break the routine of same content being produced, differently painted. Taco asked a good question, it would be really challenging to make something like that and we don’t want mistakes like that boring exploration cluster system we had. I’d like to see them invent! as we already have a lot of adventure zones, queues, etc.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.