State of the KDF

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck State of the KDF

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

once in awhile i actually take a look at the STO forum. i no longer login or post on it though.

i saw and have seen in the past gloom and doom threads concerning the KDF. extinciton of the KDF and so on.

it looks to me like the 44th has a pretty healthy KDF population. i am thinking overall in the game that the KDF is not in that bad of shape and will not become extinct anytime soon.

anyone have any thoughts or opinions on this? just curious.

i really did not like playing as a klingon when i first started and quickly left my klingon alt. to make a long story short i went back to the KDF and now really enjoy playing my klingon alt, Auloh, and i really like my fleet hoh’sus (if i spelled that right).

for what it is worth i put my wife’s name and info into a klingon name generator, so i guess Stephanie in klingon is Auloh.

Vindleth
    Fleet Member

Comparing KDF to everything else no wonder ppl say extinct. They are the ones that get the least updates, some of their ships look ancient, i know you say it is the thematic but it is badly done.
    KDF academy on the ground looks like a hell hole. Qo’nos is rubish, looks like slums.
    Comparing their ships to feds they are weak, half done.

Bonuses are elite weapons and contraband.
    Compare romulan t’varo and bird of pray, same ships yet bird of pray are weaker. (dont know about the others)
    They are missing some of the shininess/love.

greatzippy
    Vice-Admiral

People say the KDF side is dead simply cause there’s not the same amount of KDF content as there is FED. Plus it seems that every time they give something to the KDF side, be it consoles/ships/skills/whatever, they eventually give it to the FEDs so it takes away from the individuality of the faction. Then you have your normal whiners that complain that everything the KDF has is OP.

Personally I think there are many more FED players then there are KDF. And those that do have KDF toons usually have FEDS as well. But lets face it, once you get a klink to lvl 50 theres no diff between the KDF & FED side …. you grind the same stuff.

I also think the reason out KDF base has been doing so well is the influx of ROM toons by fleet members. Most of them joined the KDF side which really boosted donations.

Basically what I’m trying to say is this … the KDF side may be smaller but far from dead.

greatzippy
    Vice-Admiral

@Vindleth wrote:

Comparing KDF to everything else no wonder ppl say extinct. They are the ones that get the least updates, some of their ships look ancient, i know you say it is the thematic but it is badly done.

What Vindleth says is also true. The KDF side doesn’t get alot of love. The KDF side does have less customization when it comes to uniforms and ships, less updates, and most of the new contect is copy/paste from the fed side. Lets be honest now … how many real klinks do you think you would find floating around risa or running around an ice track?

Blackout
    Fleet Member

@Vindleth wrote:

C
    Comparing their ships to feds they are weak, half done.

Bonuses are elite weapons and contraband.
    Compare romulan t’varo and bird of pray, same ships yet bird of pray are weaker. (dont know about the others)

Admittedly, most of the KDF unique ships are pretty awful (like all Raptors and most BoPs now), but the KDF still has some pretty darn good unique ships.

– Kar’Fi: There still isn’t a dedicated carrier that packs as much punch as the Kar’Fi, even though it STILL doesn’t have a fleet version.
    – Fleet Norgh/Ning’Tao Bird of Prey: This spikes and alphas harder than any other ship in the game, except maybe the Scimitar. BUT it’s a lot more nimble, and has access to two Lt.com BO stations. It’s pretty unique. (I still fly this on the KDF side, and I’m very very deadly with it).
    – Fleet Vor’Cha/Tor’Khat: Still probably the best all around ship in the game. Hits hard, tanks well, packs a cloak and DHCs.

It also still has some unique gear:
    – Aceton Assimilator. Not quite as great as Plasmonic Leech, but still a difference maker.
    – Elite Orion Interceptors: Tractors, but you get 3/wing vs 2/wing for Danubes/Yellowstones. Annoying as hell.
    – Elite disruptors: VERY OP.

And of course, as you mentioned, KDF can farm lots of dilithium.

Beta
    Fleet Member

The only thing that sucks on the kdf side is queueing for fleet missions. You will be waiting for along time, just too do a fleet alert. Also the tailor is bugged to hell on the kdf. You dont have many color options on a few pieces of a outfit and the honor guard out fit is bugged for female kdf. I want my cleavage top for my female kdf. 👿

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.