= Star Trek: Into the mouth of madness (open RP thread) =

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Holodeck = Star Trek: Into the mouth of madness (open RP thread) =

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Sovereign47
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

(OOC: Hello everyone! We are finally beginning with our RP as I promised. It might be a little later than I originally said, but that’s mostly due to the STO special events and my job so I hope that’s not a problem. Anyhow, I think that this little delay will be soon forgotten as we get into creation of this epic and frightening storyline :mrgreen: And so the adventure begins!)

STAR TREK: Into the mouth of madness

USS Dragonstar NCC-80000 – in the vicinity of Starbase 514 (map reference)

A human-cardassian hybrid, captain Sirius Verax was sleeping at the bed in his quarters, while suddenly his personal computer beeped and announced an incoming priority message from Starfleet.
    He rolled over and almost felt onto the floor while trying to gain his composure. Then he reached to his table for a glass of water and drank a little before he went to the table with computer on it.

Sirius: (talking to computer) Open the channel!

Soon the notification about incoming message with Starfleet logo switched to an image of bald man in Starfleet uniform with 6 stars on it.

The Admiral immediately started talking: Captain Verax! I’m sorry to wake you up, but there’s something important Starfleet wants you to attend to as soon as possible. (he presumed seeing him in one of his off duty shirts)

Sirius answered without hesitation: No problem, go ahead admiral Picard!

Picard then started explaining the situation: 12 hours ago Starbase Deep Space 3 detected unusual readings by their long range sensors. They sent one of their runabouts to investigate, but the runabout never returned and about an hour ago we lost any contact with the station too.

Before Picard could continue Sirius asked him: Any leads to what might have happened?

Picard responded to that with an expression of concern in his voice: Unfortunately not so far. That is why I’m sending you there to investigate, but…(he made a little pause before resuming sentence)…you should not go there alone, so I’m giving you permission to call as many other ships you can to help you.

Sirius was about to ask another question when Picard interrupted him: However, since we don’t want to cause panic throughout the surrounding worlds and the rest of the sector, you will send a message for help over a secure channel.

Sirius then said: Alright admiral. Is that all, or there is something else I might want to know?

Picard responded to him: That is all for now, Mr. Verax. Just keep me posted and try to resolve this situation as soon as possible.

Sirius: I will, sir. You can count on it.

Picard: (with a brief smile on his face) I know I can. Good luck captain! Picard out.

Moment after computer’s screen switched back to an image of Starfleet insignia and Sirius was thinking about the news he just heard. Suddenly he remembered one particular event that happened almost 18 years ago and almost immediately ordered to computer: Computer, display file about USS Hera NCC-62006.

An image of Starfleet insignia now switched with a file about USS Hera – Nebula class starship.

Go to the stardate 47446.632. – he said and computer scrolled the page down to the mentioned stardate.

At the page has been written:

Stardate 47446.632: USS Hera NCC-62006 presumed missing during courier run in the vicinity of Black Cluster nebula and station Deep Space 3. A massive search mounted by the USS Excelsior and the USS Noble failed to discover any trace of the ship.

Interesting…what if something similar happened to that runabout, or the station? – Sirius thought with an expression of concern on his face, but soon after he dismissed such thoughts and went to the bathroom. After having a shower and putting on his uniform, Sirius left his quarters and headed directly for the bridge of his ship.

Captain on the bridge! – announced Andorian female as Sirius stepped out from one of the turbolifts.

Sirius addressed her while approaching to captain’s chair: At ease number one.
    After settling in his chair, he looked towards Cardassian in front of him at the helm console and ordered: Mr. Lukin, alter the course towards Deep Space 3 and open the secured Starfleet channel for emergency situations.

Bronar acknowledged his orders and started typing different sets of commands in his console. Just a minute later he said: Channel is open sir.

Sirius then started composing message which will be later sent to all Starfleet ships in vicinity of their location: This is captain Sirius Verax of the USS Dragonstar! I’ve been just informed about the communications blackout with station Deep Space 3 and one of her runabouts. Therefor admiral Jean-Luc Picard ordered me to investigate the cause for this and since the situation doesn’t sounds promising he advised me to seek help from other Starfleet ships. So, if anyone receives this message I would appreciate if you would rendezvous with us at the location of Deep Space 3 station. Thank you very much! Sirius out.

Kylar
    Fleet Member

IRW Dauntless (cloaked) On long ranged stealth patrol near Starbase 514

Commander Geary sighed and set down his bottle of romulan ale.
    just when the romulan empire was finely put back together after the chaos that started with Shinzon rebellion was finely dealt with and it finely looked like stability was returning it all came crashing down. He still had trouble believing that Romulus his home was really gone and here he was banished, banished to the ass end of the galaxy well not official banished he looked at his orders again

Commander gear you are hereby ordered to conduct long ranged reconnaissance of federation space near the black cluster to make sure that they are not planning on taking advance of our current difficulty’s

Geary took another drink of ale

Fools only worded about there own power the lot of them if they were really worried about security they he would be patrolling Klingon space or at least federation space closer to the border not out here by the black cluster. The truth was admiral Taris doesn’t trust him but he had to many friends and to good of a record for her to remove him so she sent him out here, banished.

He sighed again and replace the stopper on his ale knowing that he wasn’t going to restock his supply any time soon and dreading the day when he would have to switch to replicated. Then the com chimed

“Go ahead H’val”
    “commander Geary sorry to disturb you this late but we’ve intercepted a Starfleet commutation that I think you will want to hear, it seams that Starfleet has managed to misplace one of there space stations”
    “how forgetful of them very well sent it to my quarters”

(listens to the conversation between admiral Picard and the USS Dragonstar)
    Geary paused and thought for a moment federation starbases were formidable it would
    take something quite powerful to destroy one if he could find what ever had that kind
    of power and harness it, it could be a ticked home for him and his crew.

Geary leaves his quarters and travels the short distance to the bridge
    “helm set a course course to starbase deep space 5 warp 5 lets see what’s going on out there”

(OOC he can’t normally break high level Starfleet encryptions coms but I though it made much better reason for a Romulan to be there then answering a call for help sent to other Starfleet ships on the far side of federation space 🙂 )

aka @armageddon771

horridperson
    Fleet Member

This is Captain James Washington of the U.S.S. Curtana. We are in the vicinity of Starbase 514 and will make for Deep Space 3 post haste. Washington out.

Wash had taken the message in his ready room. There was something that Cardie wasn’t saying; Not that he needed a good reason to mistrust one. He didn’t like surprises but preparation and experience were proof against them. The door chimed.

“ghoS”,he growled stepping forward to meet his first officer in the doorway.

“Muster Verlagh 1 and 2 in the armoury flats. I want them at the ready; full rig.”

“lu'”, the quick acknowledgement and Golka daughter of Q’orr strode from the bridge as Washington took centre stage.

“Mister Cain, set course for Deep Space 3”
    “Course set sir”
    “Mister Pierce you have the conn; I want to know when we are half an hour out”
    “Yes Sir”

Sovereign47
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

@Kylar wrote:

(OOC he can’t normally break high level Starfleet encryptions coms but I though it made much better reason for a Romulan to be there then answering a call for help sent to other Starfleet ships on the far side of federation space 🙂 )

(OOC: That’s fine by me. It is good idea actually to have some of other races included into this, beacause as the story will unfold, we will need any help we can get since this is going to get very nasty, very soon :mrgreen: Btw I laughed hard at the line with misplaced station and I still do every time I read it 😆
    @horrid: Also very good introduction post. As for what Sirius wasn’t saying, I think that has something to do with that USS Hera if I’m correct. I hope more of people will join us soon. Now let’s get back to our story, shall we :mrgreen: )

USS Dragonstar – en route to Deep Space 3 (map link in the first post)

Scarlett Miyazaki, a former Borg drone has been watching her console expecting something unusual to be detected by Dragonstar’s sensors, but there was nothing at the moment besides the systems, stars, asteroids, nebulas and other common things found in space. Suddenly something unknown appeared at the sensors and she said: Captain, I’m reading an unknown energy signature at our starboard side.

Hearing that Sirius immediately ordered to her: Run full scan of it.

Scarlett acknowledged his command and started typing set of commands in her console, but before she could find out anything more about that unknown anomaly it disappeared. It’s gone sir. – she said with an expression of disappointment in her voice.

Sirius asked her then: Have you managed to find out anything at all about it?

No sir. – Scarlett replied to him.

Sirius sighed and went silent for a moment before he stood up from his chair again and addressed (almost) everyone on the bridge: Alright, I want all senior officers with me to a briefing room.
    Second later everyone was out of his/her chair and followed Sirius to a briefing room. Once they walked inside and when they all settled in their chairs, Sirius started talking: Ok, so we have a strange situation here. More than 12 hours ago Deep Space 3 long sensors detected unusual readings and sent one of her runabouts to it. It has not returned since and about hour and half or so, station went dark too. (he paused a bit before resuming) Now it may be just a communications blackout, but I certainly doubt it. So before I came to the bridge, I did a little research of my own.
    Sirius then stood up from his chair and went to the screen in the corner wall of briefing room right next to one of the its windows. By pressing few buttons he brought up picture of USS Hera file.
    I hope everyone knows about disappearance of this ship. – he said while pointing at the screen.

Everyone in the room nodded to him expect Lissan who said with puzzled expression of her face: Yes, but that was almost 18 years ago. Why do you think it is connected with these recent events admiral Picard sent us to investigate?

Listening to her, Scarlett interfered in the conversation: Hold on commander. Captain’s logic is sound. While it may have past a lot of time since the incident with USS Hera, there are still two things that are same in both cases. First, there is complete communications blackout, and second, it is happening at almost the same place where Hera was.

Exactly! That is why I thought of it in the first place. – Sirius agreed with her before resuming: However, with this little information, we still don’t know what might have happened, or what it is actually happening. What happened to USS Hera was never resolved and Starfleet tried to explain it as the events of chaotic space, but that doesn’t help us a lot and even if that is a case, we can’t do nothing about it since we a have a little to no understanding how that happens, where and when exactly.

As Sirius paused for a bit, T’Luminareth joined the discussion: Maybe it has something to do with that energy signature which Mrs. Miyazaki detected before we came here.

Sirius’ response on that was quick: Perhaps, but we don’t know anything about of that either, since it was gone to soon to get a decent sensor sweep of it. Still, we have to…

Scarlett then remembered something and interrupted Sirius before he could finish the sentence: I apologize for interruption captain, but I just remembered of something. Something that happened while I was still a part of collective.

Sirius nodded to her and said: Alright, go ahead lieutenant.

And then Scarlett went on with her story: At stardate 59099.327 we have finally managed to assimilate homeworld of species 10647. They were a very old race with a long lifespan and have had a great deal of information about our galaxy and the other dimensions as well. Between their reports we stumbled upon one that was particularly interesting and yet different from anything we have ever known.
    One of the species 10647 vessels has reported an encounter with a race from another dimension. It was stated in report that the race was so hideous and horrifying that even the collective and other races they had conflicts with were an annoyance compared to that particular encounter. In the report were also stated extreme blood-lust and powers beyond anything they ever encountered before.

Everyone went silent and expressions of their faces now divulged even greater concern before they heard Scarlett’s story. Sirius was first to break the silence with question: Was there anything else in that report Mrs. Miyazaki?

Scarlett quickly responded to him: Yes it was. Commander of that ship wrote in his report that they barely managed to escape, because they tried to pull it into their dimension.

Then a shocking silence occurred again before Lissan spoken now: In that case, I suggest we go to maximum combat readiness immediately.

I concur. We cannot take any chances if that is true. – T’Luminareth agreed with her.

Others just nodded or spoken their agreement too, before Sirius also acknowledged his agreement and started issuing orders: Agreed! Mrs. Endilev, you will make sure everyone is ready to fulfill their given task and to prepare yourself if needed to take over command.

Then he turned his head toward Daniel: Chief, you must make sure that all of our systems are fully functional and that they are working at 100 percent efficiency.

They both nodded to him, before he turned attention towards his tactical officer: As for you subcommander, I want you to have all of our phaser arrays and spinal lance cannons charged, as well as all torpedo tubes loaded and both turrets and fighters ready to be deployed if we will have to fight.

Understood sir. – T’Luminareth acknowledged his orders, giving Sirius opportunity to address his security officer: Mr. M’Toui, you will prepare and help to properly equip all our marines and crewmembers with weapons and personal shields in case we are going to get boarded.

Qa’pla sir! – said Klingon with his sharp voice, which gave Sirius a sign to address his main medical officer: Doctor Keller, make sure that our both sickbays are prepared for receiving and treating wounded personnel. I also want you to give everyone their pocket hyposprey so they can treat their minor wounds without moving from their positions.

Yes, captain. – Ashley agreed and that made possible for Sirius to give an order to his science/operations officer: Mrs. Miyazaki, you will have to calibrate our sensors palletes and tachyon scanners to a maximum settings so we can quickly detect and scan anything odd that might occur. Besides that you will also try search and find for any possible ways of pulling us out if those aliens try to get us trapped into their dimension.

Miyazaki’s response was quick and sure: Acknowledged sir.

After that, Sirius turned his head towards his helm officer: And when it comes to you Mr. Lukin, I want you to increase speed to maximum warp so we can get to Deep Space 3 as soon as possible.

Why don’t I simply engage our quantum-slipstream drive? – asked him Bronar curiously.

Sirius replied to him without hesitation: Because we need to monitor if that anomaly will appear before, and in case there’s a sudden transdimensional rift opening.

Ah, I understand sir. – Lukin said with a brief nod, and then asked: Should I also relay information we discovered to any ship that might respond to our message?

Yes, that is a good idea Mr. Lukin. – agreed with him Sirius before he said: Alright, I believe that everyone knows their tasks and that we are ready to go, so you may return to your stations.

Then everyone stood up from their chairs and went to the bridge except for the Sirius who took another looked at the USS Hera on the wall screen. We might finally resolve your mistery. – he thought looking at the picture. Then he also left the briefing room and headed for the bridge. Everyone were at their stations when Sirius walked onto the bridge and finally settled in his chair. Seeing his captains return, Bronar addressed him without hesitation: We have just picked up a message from Captain James Washington of the USS Curtana. They are on their way to Deep Space 3, sir.

Very well. Send them all the necessary information about the possible situation and wish them good luck. – Sirius ordered him.

Already done sir. – Bronar said while typing commands in his console.

Later after a moment of silence Lissan voiced her concern: Only one ship responded to our hail so far. I have a bad feeling about this captain.

Sirius then tried to comfort her a little: Well, there is still some time before we arrive there, and besides, we are not sure what really happened in the first place.

True, but I’m still not feeling any better about it. – Lissan responded to him and Sirius agreed with letting a sigh: Yeah, me neither.

(OOC: And so that’s it for now. Hope you will like how I handled the story plot so far and to write something soon. :mrgreen:

Kylar
    Fleet Member

IRW Dauntless briefing room

Commander Geary “as you know we have intercepted several Starfleet commutations It seams that they have lost all communication with one of there starbases deep space 3 they call it”

Subcommander H’val “how original”

“a research platform located near the black cluster their official records say the station was only interested in scientific research but who in there right minds puts that much effort and resources into something that has no practical purposes.”

Subcommander Jerem “that station is a long way from anything important are we sure that this
    isn’t just a simple commination problem”

Subcommander H’val “that was my first thought to but the humans seam to be very scared about something and they may be many things but cowards isn’t one of them”

Comander Geary “any other theories?”

Lieutenant Venal “an attack?”

Subcommander H’val “by who? There are no major governments out here and it has no strategic value

Science officer Dinius “The black cluster is a field of collapsed protostars imoeral intelligence has always wanted to create a working protomater weapon perhaps Starfleet was working on one and lost control of it.”

Subcommander H’val “If they were working on a protomater weapon anything we could find out about it would
    be very valuable.”

Commander Geary ” maybe but we can’t know anything for sure until we get closer. Long range sensors have detected a pair of Starfleet ship heading into the area I want you to make sure that the cloak is in prefect working order we are going to shadow those ships if this was a simple communication problem they will never know we were there if they were designing weapon they we take it form them either way we will let them to the initial leg work”

Everyone “Yes sir”

aka @armageddon771

horridperson
    Fleet Member

His quarters felt like cage. He’d tried to lay down but sleep escaped him. Washington reread an old personal log but it didn’t change anything and he murdered near an hour pacing the tight space. When the comm sang a sense of relief flooded him. Engagement unburdened his mind of ghosts.
    “Sir, 30 minutes to arrival as ordered”
    “Very good Number One. Bring the ship to Yellow Alert, Close up damage control teams. Have you anything to report?”
    “I stood the new assignments down with orders to augment the watch as required.”
    “And you told them?”
    “That we are going in blind.”
    “majQq’. You’ve read my mind. It’s the small lies which are hardest to accept.”
    The klaxons sang as Washington walked the flats towards the lift. The press of bodies moved with purpose equal parts chaos and order and he felt the energy come. His people, his ship was at the ready.
    “Bridge”

The members of veqlargh 1 and 2 stood on opposite sides of the passageway. In the low light their inactive matte isolation suits suggested cyclopean nightmares. Down the two lines the operators completed final system and weapon checks.
    “veqlargh 1 at the ready”, reported
    “veqlargh cha’beH” growled Lt. in clipped Klingon

“Captain on the Bridge! Sir! Ship in Yellow alert, special teams closed up. USS Dragonstar is within sensor range
    “Very Good Mister Pierce. I have the conn.
    He paid compliments and returned to tactical. On returning the salute Washington glided into the chair like a knife into it’s sheath.
    “Sir!”
    “Report.”
    “Our passive scan detected a prod. Someone fingered us.”
    “Can you find the point of origin?”
    “No sir, insufficient data to attempt triangulation. Should I-“
    “loS.” Washington accented his clipped order with a sweep of his hand, “ Don’t seek them. We know there is a contact, they have us cold but think us unaware.”
    “Could the unidentified signal relate to our orders?”,suggested Ienni, the Bolian Science Officer.
    “We have no way of knowing so discount no possibilities. We come out of warp immediately to red alert, shields up. An unprotected Alpha might end the our little ship but without the possibility of immediately putting us down I think the Dragonstar would be a prettier target.”

OOC: Before I can provide another entry I need an arrival in system with a snapshot of what I’m seeing. I’m comfortable with an exposition hail from Dragonstar. Washington will respond to the hail, be as courteous as regulations demand but doesn’t like the idea of being at the disposal of a Cardassian Starfleet Officer who outranks him. He has more than enough self discipline not to be goaded into a racist diatribe.

OOC: curses! My notebook with my characters sketches is in the car. I’ll drag it out and fix some names I’ve screwed up or omitted

Sovereign47
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Chapter 1: Horror of the unknown

USS Dragonstar has been less than 15 minutes away from her destination – Deep Space 3 station. Her crew was prepared for anything that might be awaiting on them ahead.

Scarlett Miyazaki initiated another tachyon sweep, but like the last few times, she expected that nothing would show up. She knew she was wrong the moment her console beeped and showed her something she didn’t expected. Captain, I’m detecting a cloaked Romulan warbird on a course to Deep Space 3. – she said.

Suprised to hear that, Sirius asked: Romulans?! What could they possibly do in this part of space?

His first officer Lissan responded to him while trying to explain that to herself at the same time: Perhaps they intercepted your transmission about communications blackout with the station, and they decided to investigate.

Yes, perhaps that is right. – Sirius agreed with her before she asked him: Should we contact them sir?

After a little bit of thinking Sirius replied: No, at least not yet. Let them think we don’t know they are there at all and proceed with our mission on hand. We can’t let anything to distract us at the moment and I’m sure that Romulans will mind their own business if it is a simple communications problem.

Captain is right. We can’t be bothered by anything else right now. – T’Luminareth said without showing any interest in Romulan ship, after which Scarlett asked: Should I at least track Romulan vessel sir?

Yes, you do that, but don’t forget to keep scanning for that anomaly. – Sirius answered to her.

Scarlett nodded to him and kept scanning for anomaly while tracking Romulan warbird at the same time.
    About 8 minutes later Dragonstar dropped out of warp just about 100 000 kilometers away from Deep Space 3 station.

What the hell?! – Sirius said with an expression of disbelief on his face as soon as the station appeared at Dragonstar’s viewscreen while getting up from his chair at the same time. Mr. Lukin, focus the view on station, maximum magnification. – he ordered to him, and Bronar zoomed at the station making her seem closer to the everyone on bridge.

The view shocked them all. Station seemed heavily damaged. She had countless scars all over her hull, some of her parts were floating around her, and all of her lighting was gone.

After a longer period of silence, Sirius turned towards Scarlett: I want full scan of the station, including tachyon sweep.

Aye sir! – Scarlett acknowledged and started typing next set of commands in her console.

Sirius then approached to seat of young Cardassian at the helm console: Mr. Lukin, try to hail the station. Maybe there is still someone to explain us what happened to them.

A few moments later, after several unsuccessful tries to open hailing frequency Bronar turned his head towards Sirius and said: I’m sorry, sir, but they are not responding.

Before Sirius could say anything Scarlett finished her scan: I have completed scan of the station sir. It appears they were in heavy firefight. There are multiple hull breaches, and their power has been almost completely drained.
    I’m also reading unknown weapon signatures and remains of some kind of highly corrosive liquid at the hull.

What about the life signs? – Sirius asked with a tone of high concern in his voice.

None. – Scarlett replied to him leaving everyone on the bridge terrified including herself.

What do you mean none? There were more than 1000 of people aboard! – Sirius was completely shocked by this revelation.

I’m sorry captain, but our sensors are not reading anyone there. – Scarlett confirmed her sensor readings once again.

Sirius let out the deep sigh, before asking another question: Is life support still operational?

It is, but only in central parts of station, while most of the other areas are open to vacuum of space. – Scarlett answered to him.

Very well. – Sirius said before issuing next orders: Mr. M’Toui and Mr. Sheppard, assemble an away team and meet me in the transporter room 1. We are going to investigate what happened there and how.

Aye sir! – they both confirmed his orders and left the bridge and Sirius then turned towards Lissan: Number One, the bridge…

Lissan suddenly interrupted him: I’m apologize for interrupting, but I should go with you sir.

After moment of thinking about it he said: Alright. Mrs. T’Luminareth, you have the bridge then. As for you Mrs. Miyazaki, I want you to keep scanning this sector and continue doing tachyon sweeps. In case you notice anything unsual, or if attackers return report it to us immediately. (then he turns towards ensign Lukin) Mr. Lukin, as soon as Curtana arrives, notify them about situation.

Everyone acknowledged his commands and Sirius then left the bridge too, along with his first officer Lissan Endilev. Once Sirius entered his quarters, he quickly put got out of his uniform so he can put his personal armor beneath it. When he put his uniform back, Sirius took his personal shield emitter, two phaser guns, combat knife and a phaser assault rifle. Before storming out from his quarters he drank quickly a glass of Jagermaister he had in one of his cabinets. It took him about 2 minutes to arrive to the transporter room 1 and as soon as everyone was on transporter platform he asked: Everyone ready?

Most of his officers nodded to him, while M’Toui said with his sharp voice in Klingon: SuH!
    Alright then. Energize! – Sirius ordered to transporter officer after what he and his officers started being dematerialized from Dragonstar’s transporter room and slowly rematerialized at one of the Deep Space 3 corridors.
    When the teleportation was completed, all the members of away team team looked around themselves, and the sight they were seeing was extremely gruesome, even to Klingon security officer. Station’s bulkheads have been severely corroded, conduits were hanging from the ceiling and the walls, and the most terrifying things of all were enourmous amounts of blood and scattered body parts all around. It was truly the sight of horror, which could be easily read from expression of away team members. All of them have been left speechless by the sight they were seeing, except for the Sirius who just said: What the hell happened here?!

To be continued…

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

BMS PERIKIA – Bajor System

Captain Kala to Yumi: “Please head to the briefing room.”

Several Command officers and Captain were already sitting there when Yumi entered the room. Why were we summoned? There are no missions on schedule and we haven’t heard from True Way for some time. – Yumi asked herself.

Captain Kala waited for chatting to stop and started speaking: “As everyone already knows, month ago Federation decided to finance our Government’s Reunion program. During the Cardassian occupation, many Bajorans decided to leave the planet and find their home on various worlds, stations and colonies. This will ensure Bajorans (or wanderers as we call them) that wish to return to Bajor will get opportunity to do so. Application time for program has ended so lists of qualified people are ready.”

Everyone looked at each other with smile on their face. “This is finally happening.. Years of work and investments to stabilize things on Bajor have payed off. Do we know how many Bajorans have decided to come home?” – Yumi asked.

“Not many, 236 of them. Mostly because there is a lot of space we have to cover with our ships. We had to calculate best routes and planets that would qualify for the first wave to…” Captain Kala said before he was interrupted.

Chief Security officer Lenaris said with displeasure in his voice: “More would qualify for this round if politics wasn’t involved.. There are some that question Government’s way it was handled. How many poor families are among those 236?!”

Yumi looked at Lenaris in disbelief, he should have been more careful with his appraoch.

Captain continued: “Lenaris, don’t interrupt me when I speak. You know I wasn’t involved in decision making when Program was being implemented! Our part of the Reunion is to transport them back to Bajor. We don’t have enough ships on our disposal to take all of them on this expedition.” Lenaris apologized and lowered his head. “Now, check your PADDs to see locations of planets and stations on our route so we can decide most efficient way of completing our objective.

After few seconds of looking at her PADD, First Officer Shaakar suggested: “We could go all the way to Starbase 514 as there are 3 families there. On our way back to Bajor, we should stop for any colony or station that is on our course. Ro told me she will cover the route toward Sol so this one is second best.” She looked at Captain, waiting for his response. Kala was looking at PADD, checking the calculations of that route. “I agree number one. We will head back to Bajor via Fesarius as there is large colony there.”

Yumi had distressed look on her face as she listened to captain.. “Captain, what about that one Bajoran at Deep Space 3? If we take the most efficient route, we would miss him! It is Doctor Tahna I was in contact with when I worked on my thesis, he would be valuable addition to Science Institute on Bajor!” Yumi runned out of air as she tried to explain how important it is to visit DS3.

“I wouldn’t suggest going anywhere near DS3, we would be too close to Breen territory.” – Shaakar dismissed her proposal.

“But Captain, you know how important every Bajoran is! If we start calculating and gambling over destiny of our own people we are not better than those Cardassians. Everything we stand for would count for nothing if we don’t take this risk.” – Yumi said emotionally and made a short pause – “Prophets will be with us.”

Chief Engineering Kubus agreed passionately. Everyone looked at Captain now.

After few seconds, Captain Kala stood and told Helm officer Surmak: “Set your way to DS3 as soon as we are ready, lets take this risk for the Bajorans. Everyone dismissed.”

Yumi tried to keep cool expression on her face as she was leaving the briefing room. I should go to sickbay and write a secured message to Doctor Tahna, he will be happy to hear we are coming. Finally I will be able to meet him in person.

Few hours later, Perikia leaves Bajor System…

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

BMS PERIKIA – 20 hours from DS3

Yumi was sitting at her private quarters, visualizing them arriving at DS3 and meeting doctor Tahna. She was nervous as this was first time they sailed away this far. Being on a assignement of this importance added to the anxiety she felt.. So much Bajorans were counting on them.

I brought papers from my early days, Tahna is going to love them and I’ll be very interested to hear his opinion on…

*BEEEP* “Captain Kala to Yumi – come to my quarters”

“Ay, Captain” – Yumi said as she was still daydreaming and imagining how Tahna will be amazed by her ideas. I should hurry, Captain probably got a message from Doctor.

“Yumi, sit down please” She reaches for the chair with puzzling look on her face as she noticed seriousness in his voice.

“We are trying to contact Tahna for some time now but we got no reply.” Kala continued carefully: “His last known location is DS3 so we assume he is still there.”

“I know, I have sent him a private message too so I assume he is concentrated on work and doesn’t want to be disturbed. It usually took days for his reply when we were discussing my work years ago so I don’t worry about it.” – Yumi said with some doubt on her face. He should have replied by now.

“Captain, have you tried hailing DS3?”

“No response.” Captain said with less composure than usual. “Which means either their communication is down or they aren’t able to respond. I wouldn’t call you here if we haven’t picked secured Federation message sent from near vicinity of that area. I insisted that we don’t hack it as our alliance with Federation is important for this mission. We assume they wanted to keep low profile of whatever happened to DS3 and it is probably something serious.”

Yumi’s had very concerned expression on her face by now. “What are we going to do? Tahna may be in danger and we need more information!”

“Yumi, we are hailing Federation ships in this area that should have picked the secured message by our estimates. We are on yellow alert so we want medical team prepared as we have no idea what to expect. I’m telling you this in person as I know Thana is your friend.”

“Thank you Captain, I’ll instruct my team and make sure we are prepared.” Yumi quickly rushed to Medbay, trying to comprehend what Kala told her. Prophets help us, what is going on? I don’t have a good feeling about this. We need to prepare for the worst.

OOC: OK, had to double post, I was too far from DS3 ^^

Sovereign47
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

(OOC: Sorry for the delay, will write something tommorow or the day after most probably. Very good first two posts Damix 😎 )

EDIT: And now, the continuation!

Deep Space 3

Sirius and his officer were transported from USS Dragonstar to Deep Space 3 station. While they were aware that station was attacked, they had no idea what was awaiting them until they have seen it with their own eyes.

What the hell happened here?! – Sirius said with an expression of shock and disbelief on his face, and in his voice as well.

Lissan said to him with a lowered tone of voice: I’m not sure, but whoever or whatever did this must have had incredible amount of rage.

One of the younger female security officers that arrived with them threw up at the sight of dismembered body parts and spilled blood over the corridor. At the same time, one of her teammates jumped to help her and asked her if she was ok. I’ll be fine. – she replied to him after wiping her mouth with hand.

Meanwhile, Lissan pulled out his tricoder and started scanning all around the place, when Sirius addressed his away team members: Alright people, listen up! It seems that we are dealing with very malevolent beings or whatever have done this and I suppose you are in lot of fear now, myself included, but we have to investigate how and when this happened. Therefor I want you to be extremely careful and to not separate at all cost, because while we don’t know if some of the attackers are still here or not, we do know that station is severely damaged and that some of corridors are open to a vacuum of space, or simply non-existant anymore. Also, if you find anything suspicious notify me about it immediately and if you are attacked do not hesitate to call for help. Whatever we are dealing with here is extremely dangerous, so I suggest you to keep your eyes and ears wide open, and your weapons prepared. In case we find ourselves in more trouble than we can handle, I’m going to call a Dragonstar for emergency beam out. Is that clear?

Yes sir! – everyone acknowledged his orders aloud.

Alright, let’s get to work now. – Sirius said more for himself before turning towards Lissan: What do you got, Number one?

Reading an incoming data from her tricoder display, Lissan replied to him: According to this readings these are remains of station’s personnel. Most of them were teared apart by sheer force, while some have a serious bite marks, and others were spilled with the same corrosive liquid which Mrs. Miyazaki detected on the hull of station.

Just what I was afraid off. – Sirius stated with an expression of deep concern in his voice. Then he reached with his right hand to his communicator to hail Dragonstar: Subcommander, are you there?

I’m here captain! How can I be of assistance? – a cold feminine voice was heard over Sirius’ commbadge.

Sirius made a deep sigh while trying to think what to say: I don’t know how to put it, but whatever we are dealing with here is beyond anything we have ever encountered so far. Perhaps Mrs. Mizayaki was right after all, and while we haven’t found out enough of clues yet about it, with this little data we have, I’m afraid all hell has broken lose already.

I understand. Is there something else you needed, sir? – T’Luminareth asked while trying not to reveal any signs of distress in her voice.

After a brief moment of thinking, Sirius replied: Yes I did. We are going to further investigate this…slaughter, and I want you to keep tracking our life signs, as well to be ready to give us emergency beam out if need arise. And be on lookout for hostile ships, because they might arrive anytime.

Acknowledged sir. – T’Luminareth said, before Sirius concluded their conversation: Alright, we’ll send you more info later, and you will immediately notify us when Curtana or any other of our ships arrive in the system. It seems we will need more help very fast and very soon. Sirius out!

When he closed communication with Dragonstar, Lissan spoke: Captain, I suggest that we head for the station’s ops. We should find more information there.

I agree. – Sirius said to her with a brief nod of his head. Alright people, let’s move carefully towards the nearest turbolift. Follow us! – he ordered and then the whole away team started moving throughout the messy corridors. While they were moving slowly and carefully, they still couldn’t anticipate that something was closing to them at the fast pace. When they passed one of the corridor crossings, something quickly moved behind them. For a brief moment, M’Toui noticed a large shadow with several limbs and tentacles that moved quickly behind corner.
    Captain, I believe that something is preying on us. – he said while pulling the bat’leth from his back.

Yeah, I’ve noticed it too. – Sheppard whispered with an obvious expression of fear on his face.

Sirius quickly ordered to them with somewhat lowered voice then his usual when he gave orders: Everyone in circle formation back to back, now.

Only a second later, they were all standing back to back and shoulder to shoulder, prepared for anything that might occur next. Or maybe not…
    Suddenly something grabbed one of the younger security officers and quickly pulled him in the darkness through the ceiling. The rest of the away team could only hear his scream and moment later there was a stream of blood dripping at the floor. Terrified by the event, everyone stood still and speechless.

To be continued…

Kylar
    Fleet Member

IRW Dauntless

Subcomander H’val: Comander Geary to the bridge we’ve reached deep space 3
    Operations officer: Mamek: well I guest it wasn’t a commutations breakdown

Geary enters bridge
    Commander Geary: Report
    Subcomander H’val: The station appears to have been attacked and is heavily damaged we are not reading any active power systems or lifeforms.
    Commander Geary: Any idea who did it?
    Subcomander H’val: none we can’t detect any weapon signatures at least with out active sensors and parts of the hull look almost like they have been dissolved. I’ve never seen a weapon that leaves this kind of damage.
    Commander Geary: Very strange H’val I want you to ready one of the kestrel runabouts its cloak should let you get to the station undetected take Science officer Dinius and Subcomander Sekar along with one of her security teams, your orders are to see if you can find any sign of who did this and see if you can find a copy of the station records they might tell us something useful about who did this as well as info into what ever research the station was conducting.
    Subcomander H’val: Yes sir

IRS Wasp Kestrel Class runabout
    (all crew is wearing combat environment suits and armed with plasma rifles)
    Subcomander H’val: Take us around to the far side of the station as the federation ship no sense in taking chances that they will see us. we will enter through one of the hull breaches
    Subcomander Sekar: yes sir

The runabout pulls up to a hull breach that’s about 1m wide and 2 m tall and holds station about .5 meters away the boarding party crosses the gap and enters the station

Shock trooper: my good they’ve been ripped apart
    Subcomander Sekar: Even feds don’t deserve to die this way
    Subcomander H’val: Steady people we have a job to do Dinius can you tell who did this?
    Science officer Dinius: there’s no signs of energy weapon discharges they’ve just been torn apart.
    Subcomander H’val: take a sample of this acid and lets look for a working computer terminal if we can get into the station records we might get an idea of what went on in here.

The away team moves deeper into the station
    Shock trooper: movement 12 O’clock
    Subcomander H’val: weapons are the ready was it one of the fed away teams
    Science officer Dinius: I’m still reading them on near ops
    Shock trooper on Point: Screams

every one rushes ahead but when they reach his position they only find a puddle of blood and an acid damaged plasma rife on the deck

aka @armageddon771

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

BMS PERIKIA, near Deep Space 3

Yumi entered bridge in a hurry. “Captain, how bad…” She didn’t finished the sentence. Everyone stood on their positions quietly, lost by the sight on the screen, exposed to its force that changed the atmosphere in the room.

Captain continued: “We need to learn what is going on here, open hailing frequency, U.S.S. Curtana and U.S.S. Dragonstar were here for some time.”
    “Ay, Captain.” – Surmak said as he faced his console.
    “Everyone be ready, we still don’t know what is going on here. We detect hull breaches on the station so it is possible there are many casualties.” Captain turned his head toward Yumi but she already left the bridge without notice.

Yumi rushed to her quarters. This mission expedition was supposed to be a new page in my life, change that I wanted so much. I am not ready for this. She wandered off in her thoughts as she tried to realize what life lesson is behind this. What are Prophets planning for her? Jumja tea got cold…

Sovereign47
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

It took some time for the Sirius to speak after he and his team saw what happened to one of their security officers. Lissan pointed her tricoder to a remains of young officer and his phaser rifle that was damaged by purplish corrosive fluid.

Sirius with lowered voice said to them: Everyone stick closer together and move faster. We can’t take any more chances or we’ll all get killed.

Then he tapped his commbadge to hail their ship once again: Sirius to Dragonstar! Please confirm the negative readings for a life signs aboard station?

Scarlett replied to him in her usual tone of voice: There are none, captain. Why do you ask?

Are you one hundred percent sure about that? Because it looks like we are not alone here. Something just killed ensign Sanchez. – Sirius explained the situation to her.

I’m positive, there are no other life signs except for yours… – a console beeped just then informing her of new lifeforms. Wait the second! I’m just getting readings of several Romulans on the station.

Those are probably the ones from the Warbird that followed us. – logically concluded Sirius before asking next question: Where exactly on the station are they anyway?

They are on completely other side. You shouldn’t have any problems with them. – Scarlett confidently answered to him.

Well, I didn’t said we will. However, we might have a very big problems with whatever that killed Mr. Sanchez. So I need to be sure if there are any more of those creatures on station aside from that one. – Sirius was trying to explain the best he could.

Scarlett immediately responded to him while typing at her console: I’m sorry, sir, but our sensors are not getting anything else besides you and the Romulans.

Yes, but that’s not possible, since we all just witnessed a brutal slaughter of our officer. – protested Sirius before another idea came to his mind: Perhaps if you would scan the station again, but this time by using focused multi-frequency beam. Those creatures might have some sort of masking their signatures, so the only question now is how strong their camouflage really is.

Scarlett replied after a bit of thinking: Alright. I’ll try to do that sir.

Good! If you find anything notify me at once. Sirius out. – after he said that, Sirius ended communication and addressed his team: Alright people, let’s move out of here fast!

Everyone started moving then quickly towards the turbolift that was just a few meters away ahead of them. While they were moving suddenly a large tentacle popped up from the ceiling and tried to grab M’Toui, but he quickly dodged it and severed it with his bat’leth. A yellow blood started pouring out of it and creature quickly retracted back it’s tentacle before M’Toui could damage it even more.

That was close. – M’Toui sighed with an expression of surprise on his face.

Lissan looked down at the floor and said: At least now we have a piece of that thing.

Don’t touch it with bare hands. – Sirius quickly warned her when she reached for the severed part of tentacle covered with yellow blood. Here, take the gloves. – Sirius handed her a padded gloves.

Right after she putted on the gloves on her hands, she took the tentacle part and put it into the sample box which one of their teammates held.

Just a moment later, Sirius’ commbadge chirped and Scarlett voice was heard over it: Lieutenant Miyazaki to captain Verax!

Go ahead lieutenant. – Sirius said to her almost instantly.

Scarlett started explaining then: I’ve managed to get some additional readings on the life signs using your method, sir. However, you will not like the results.

Why not? – Sirius asked her.

Scarlett resumed: Aside from your and Romulan life signs, there are thirty more of unknown ones spread throughout the entire station. To make things worse, some of them are really huge, and those ones are usually in the key parts of stations like on engineering deck, hangar bays…

Ops? – Sirius interrupted her with an expression of serious concern on his face and in his voice too.

Yes. – Scarlett replied to him.

Before he spoke again, Sirius let out a deep sigh: Alright, we’ll do what we can since we need to get more information about this whole situation. However, be ready to beam us out at any moment. Also, send a message to the all ships that responded to our hail about what we came across and tell them to hurry up.

Aye, captain. – Scarlett acknowledged his orders and then she closed communications channel.

Meanwhile, Sirius and others managed to get to the turbolift without further incidents. However, when they opened the doors, turbolift wasn’t there anymore.

This just keeps getting better and better. – Sirius sarcastically said while looking in the empty turbolift shaft.

Daniel: Don’t worry sir, I’ll try to call turbolift.

Good, just hurry up. I want to leave this place as soon as I can. – Sirius was becoming nervous which was understanble given the position they were in. Others shared his feelings too and Daniel expressed that verbally: Believe me or not captain, we all want that.

After trying several times to get the turbolift to pick them up, Daniel finally gave up and said: I’m sorry captain, but this damned thing won’t move. It looks like we’ll have to go by ladder after all.

Yes, it appears we will. I just hope they are still in one piece. – M’Toui added right before they entered the shaft and started climbing up the ladders.

How many decks we have to go up? – one of the engineering officers asked them while they were climbing.

Lissan was first to answer him: About ten I think.

Pfff…, that’s just great. My arms will fall off before we get there. – Daniel complained.

Tell me about it. – one of the female security officers agreed with him.

Sirius then expressed his opinion: As long as they don’t get torn off by one of those creatures we’ll be fine I think.

They will not live enough to do that, when I cut them apart with my bat’leth! – M’Toui said with determination and bravery in his voice.

I hope you’re right about that lieutenant. – Daniel added with a dose of skepticism, right before they heard something moving through the shaft.

Wait, be silent! – Lissan said a little louder to warn them about possible impending danger, but still low enough not to reveal their position.

Daniel then quickly asked her with almost whispering tone of his voice: What is it first?

I’m not sure, but I think I’ve heard something moving down the shaft. – Lissan replied with an obvious expression of fear in her voice.

The moment after she said that, Sirius uttered: Well, let’s hurry up then people.

As they started to climb faster than before, a noise of movement below them started getting louder and louder, until they were finally able to saw the glimpse of a creature that has been closing fast on their position. The last one of team members in the row climbing up the ladders was a middle-aged security officer which pointed his flashlight down the shaft so he could see the creature. Everyone, look down there! – he said terrified by the sight.
    When Sirius and everyone else turned their heads down towards the direction of flashlight’s beam, they could see a shape which looked like it came straight from hell. A creature that was moving towards them had a cone-like shaped head with several yellow and red eyes. From it’s head extended six very long limbs which were supposedly it’s legs, accompanied by a dozen of various tentacles. Some tentacles had sharp spikes on them, while others had mouth at their ends containing dozens of sharp needle-like teeth.

Once the creature came dangerously near to them, Sirius yelled: Ok, fire at that thing everything you have! Now!

A bolts of phaser and disruptor discharges were quickly fired by all of the team members while they were holding onto the ladders with one hand simultaneously. It slowed down creature, but it couldn’t do a serious harm to it. At the same time creature prolonged one of it’s tentacles and threw the security officer holding flashlight down the shaft by cutting of his both arms. Only his scream could be heard when he started falling down the shaft, but before he could have fallen any further, creature picked him up with tentacles that had mouth on their ends, and ripped the poor officer apart with them. It was truly a sight of ultimate horror for Sirius and his crew mates.

Increase power settings! – yelled M’Toui while raising the power setting to maximum on his disruptor assault minigun. Others listened to him and did the same with their weapons increasing effectiveness of damage dealing to a creature. After some time, they’ve managed to cut off few tentacles and two limbs, what sent creature falling back down the shaft.

Finally! – exclaimed Daniel visibly sweating from fear.

Yes we did, but let’s get out of this shaft before that thing returns for a revenge. – Sirius said and everyone including him continued their ascent towards the deck on which station’s ops were.

To be continued…

(OOC: As you could read, I finally revealed how one of the creatures looks like and some of it’s capabilities. In the next post I will probably reveal one of their ships too and one of these ”boss” creatures. Unfortunately I haven’t come up with some name for them yet, so we’ll just have to call them things/creatures for now. Hope you like the story so far :mrgreen: )

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

BMS Perikia, near DS3

Crew of Perikia was disappointed after they tried to get more information from USS Dragonstar. “Those are Federation personal matters and they are not prepared to share information they gathered as investigation is still undergoing. Lieutenant Commander T’Luminareth told us not to intervene. We shouldn’t defy as we are not in position to cope with it. Any suggestions?” – Captain asked as he looked around the briefing room.

“Lets wait to see if they need our help. They are probably still trying to figure out what is going on with the station. Once they get access to main computer, they will provide us with information about Dr.Tahna.” – Said Chief Kubus, hoping to have others agree with him.

“That makes sense, although we don’t know for how long. Why don’t we head to Starbase 514 instead and pick up families from the station. We shouldn’t lose any more time here.” – Said Shakaar (No.1).

Yumi didn’t received that well as she felt they would abandon Doctor Tahna to unknown fate. “Tahna may still be alive and every second we wait or stall could put him to even more danger. We picked that encrypted message from Starfleet, why don’t we try to hack it and analyze to see if we can understand the situation better?”

Captain replied instantly. “I’m afraid we won’t break our protocols and put mission into danger for decoding the message. Funding provided by Federation would be at stake, I can’t allow this to happen.”

“But Captain…!” – Yumi couldn’t believe. How could we just quit without trying?

“We are not in a position to act on our own here. Shakaar and Kubus, you are right – we will inform Starfleet to provide us with any information they learn about Tahna. We don’t have reasons to intervene. This is first long-range expedition of our people so every move is magnified by different parties. I am sorry.” – Captain new Yumi wouldn’t agree so he tried to be careful in his choice of words, while maintaining resolute stance as there were other crew members around.

“You are making a mistake, why don’t we..” She was interrupted before she could continue. “That’s enough Yumi, you are clearly disobeying the chain of command. Please head to your quarters, we have much to discuss and this topic is finished” – Captain lost his patience.

Although she expected no one would listen to her, she still hoped someone would stand by her. No one dared to make an eye contact…
    On the way to her quarters, she responded to the communicator.

“Haznir to Yumi.” “Yumi here. Have you decrypted the message from Starfleet?” Replied quietly, looking behind her to make sure no one could hear the converstation. “Yes, meet me at cargo bay 02.”

I believe we are here for a reason. Life wouldn’t brought us to this challenge without some purpose. It is clear Federation won’t involve us as they have other concerns more important to them than finding some Bajoran doctor. We need to do something before Captain decides to proceed to Starbase 514. Real Bajorans fight for their own people, while Kala is more concerned about politics.

When she arrived at cargo bay 02, engineering officer Haznir and Cheif security officer Lenaris were already waiting. “Thank you for meeting me here, we are ready for stage two of my plan.” – Yumi said and faced Lenaris – “Do you have all I asked for?”

“Yes, we risked a lot but Nebim, Bajoran officer aboard USS Belfast provided us with information we needed.” He gave her PADD and continued. “Details about secured message from admiral Picard is included.”

Yumi finished reading intel from the PADD and continued: “This is worse than we thought…” In the meantime Lenaris locked the doors.

“Ok, plan is to transport to Tahna’s private quarters as it is very likely we could find him there or clues of what happened to him. Haznir will go with me and make sure UFP ships don’t detect us. He will mask our signatures on station thanks to Signal inhibitor device provided by Lenaris. Standard scanning will filter our signals but if they make any thorough search, they will detect us so we need to be quick. Lenaris will delete trace of our transport from ship’s logs and buy us time so no one suspects we are missing. Haznir adjusted ship’s locator to appear we are in our quarters.” – Yumi repeated the plan and added: “Have we figured how to hide transporting from Federation ships? It will instantly appear on their sensors.”

“Yes, if you checked data from the PADD, you will notice USS Dragonstar detected strange energy signature from the unknown anomaly appearing around the station. I haven’t figured in what intervals it appears but we can adapt the transporting signature with frequency of the anomaly. When we beam to the station, their sensors will think another anomaly signature appeared for a few seconds. If they use advanced search algorithms, we will fail.” – Haznir was proud of how he resolved the last piece of Yumi’s plan.

“Sounds good, make all the preparations and meet me in transporter room in 30 minutes. I need to visit lab to get my equipment. Lenaris, take your position and make sure you do your part.”

“Ay, Captain.” – Lenaris said with smile on his face but suddenly became more serious – “Take this pistol, you never know…”

Yumi nodded and engaged into stage three of their plan – execution.
    “Ready, beam us down.” Lenaris made sure there was no one in the transporter room, masked the transporter signature and activated it. Few seconds later two Bajorans materialized on the DS3’s living quarters…

Kylar
    Fleet Member

Romulan away team DS3

Sekar: What the hell have the feds been up to on this station
    H’val: I have no idea but we were probably wrong about the them developing subspace weapons. I’m reading a computer access point just ahead lets get the stations memory banks and then get out of here

The away team arrives at a computer console a few meters down the condor

H’val: Dinius copy any information you can everyone else defensive formation

The 5 remaning troopers take defensive positions on either end of the condor

Dinius: Dam the computer is encrypted
    H’val: Just copy what you can we can worry about breaking there encryption once we get back to the ship
    Dinius: Yes sir I need 2 minuets.

One of the troopers at the far end of the hall fires a something in the shadows

H’val: Reoprt
    Trooper 1: I saw something move sir
    H’val: Can you describe it
    Trooper 1: It was like a shadow moveing across the hall and I’d swear it was covered with some sort of black tentacles
    Sekar: Sir my tricorder did detect something but its having a hard time identifying anything in passice mode permission for an active sweep.
    H’val: Granted we need to know what the hell is going on.
    Sekar : Oh shit.

H’val stares at her: Care to elaborate?

Sekar: Sorry sir I’m now detecting mutable life signs throughout the station and some of them are massive. there not matching with any known life form on record either. I’m also reading what looks like a federation team approaching ops.

Dinius: Sir I’ve got all the data including what I think are the internal sensor records but I can’t decrypt them without the ships computers.

H’val: Ok Everyone fall back to the shuttle.

The away team stats back down the condor toward there docked shuttle they make it but not quite quickly enough something has followed them. just as the last trooper enters the airlock two tentacles reach out through the darkness and grabs him. the other troopers start firing there plasma rifles past him through the airlock striking the creature and severing one of its tentacles the creature recoils and the airlock door closes. Dinius checks the fallen trooper for sings of life.

Dinius: He’s dead
    H’val looking at the severed tentacle on the deck: At least we got a peace of what ever did it put a stasis field around it cloak us and set a course back to the Dauntless.

H’val thinking to him self What the hell have those dam feds gotten themselves and us into.

aka @armageddon771

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.