Star Trek Into Darkness

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge The Oasis Recreation Star Trek Into Darkness

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

while the servers are dead i read some reviews and watched a couple trailers on the new ST movie.

sounds totally awesome and looks fantastic!!! i have not been this eager to see a movie in ages.

can’t wait to see it.

CodeWarrior316
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

My reaction to the trailers, strangely is the opposite. Will probably still go see it tho hehe

Negator
    Fleet Member

Please servers come back. I hardly ever go to the movies but I will for this one just because.

greatzippy
    Vice-Admiral

I’m getting a bit ticked off cause the Imax theater by my house doesn’t have any showtimes listed yet

HDMan
    Fleet Member

I saw it in 3D at IMAX last night and LOVED IT! Great movie!!

greatzippy
    Vice-Admiral

I just got back from the Theater …. alls I have to say is KKKHHHAAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!!!!

Kanadym
    Fleet Member

Saw it last night. Awesome!!!
    An absolute must see in IMAX 3D.
    Worth every extra penny for that cinematic experience IMHO.

ygeva
    Fleet Member

…and some of us, on the other part of the world, will get to watch it not before June 13. 🙁

bodgeup
    Fleet Member

I went to see this last week and i loved it! They definitely kept the KHAN character secret for ages! I was always wondering if they did have KHAN in it how would they explain him being there if in the old universe KHAN would have been on the SS Botany Bay still! But they cleared that up! Won’t spoil it! But it all made sense in the end. Man Kirk must be the only captain to be demoted for a period of a few hours! lol

Wished i’d been able to see in IMAX but the closest IMAX theatre is on southbank in london! 30 miles away! Also didn’t see the point of paying double the price for ticket to see in 3D! 3D films seem to be pointless! My theatre still uses Real3D with passive glasses which has been around for a few years! When they manage to make hologram films it will be worth it but till then 3d is a gimmick! Its better to watch in IMAX if you can than in 3d. I am just hoping they release the IMAX version on BluRay! It gives you full screen! But they didn’t with 1st film so not holding my breath, the only film that release the IMAX version on BluRay was Dark Knight!

Also saw Iron Man 3! that was good too, but the suit definitely took a back burner in this one! No wonder Joss Whedon commented “What am i supposed to do now” after he watched it! Hes prob wondering how to use Iron man in avengers 2 after the end of IM3! Won’t spoil it but if u watched it u know what i mean.

Sovereign47
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

I saw this movie in IMAX and while most of my friends didn’t really liked, I enjoyed it very much. Alright, I still might not like the idea of alternate universe, but movie itself was awesome. From acting, to action and effects and even storyline, everything was great. And that Vengeance is one mean ship (like those cannons very much) :mrgreen:

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

I’m not a fan of JJ Trek so I hope ST3 will be better. If they return to prime universe in the next movie and save Romulus, that would complicate things for STO,hehe

Sovereign47
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

@Damix wrote:

I’m not a fan of JJ Trek so I hope ST3 will be better. If they return to prime universe in the next movie and save Romulus, that would complicate things for STO,hehe

True, that would be great, but I don’t think they’ll be heading that direction. However, the story about Federation-Klingon war seems very possible and that would be also nice :mrgreen:

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Yeah, they probably won’t go that way. I just hope they were reading critics and are aware of everything fans didn’t like about previous movie.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.