Season 9 is here

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Season 9 is here

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

i started out liking S9, but then learned about the respecs or at least heard about it. I have not been reading up any and I now feel totally lost. if you got any good tips please post them.

I have also been saving lobi for a long time. liked the monbosh but thought I would wait for S9. not sure about the undine lockbox ship. if you have an opinion let me know.

fatman592
    Fleet Member

They’re just adding more complexity to be able to monetize things. So kits now have multiple parts to make up the whole. Additional reputation active slots will pretty much be part of the next fleet holding. More resource sinks for what’s essentially a nerf all in the name of choice (though reps on reps on reps certainly had to be dealt with).

I don’t mind this too much, and actually see a silver lining in terms of a crafting revamp. What if you could pick your weapon mods by slotting components like kits do now? Seems pretty good to me.

As far as Undine ships, the Nicor looks really good to me. It screams A2B beamboat and should put out some impressive damage. Though it may be a little squishy for those used to FACR or Excelsiors.

And the best buy in the lobi store and is tonight only, is the Hirogen Armor. Was 200 lobi, now 50, it’ll be patched in a few hours…

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Hi,

I wasn’t against reputation power revamp when I was reading about it.. but now that it hit holodeck, I realized there is really too much of them to choose from.

I guess they made a mistake for not doing this from the beginning.. Because if we had ability to slot 10-14 acrive doffs and it gets limited to 5-6 we would have big rage over it. As it was 5 from beginning everyone think it is ok as it is balanced this way. So if we had limit for reputation powers from the beginning things would be ok for everyone, no one would feel something was take from them. I think it is just Cryptic making bad decisions from the start and not thinking what impact this would have.

Of course, money motive is here somewhere too.

I missed opportunity to buy that 50 lobi Hirogen armor.

Damix

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.