"Passive" Gameplay

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck "Passive" Gameplay

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jalification
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

I always liked the passive way of gaming (supporting etc). I used to do a lot of exploration but just figured out that doesn’t exist anymore. Still very much in love with the DOFF/R&D system and will keep on doing that (bit of a main focus). But I was wondering, are there other activities that don’t always involve shooting?

Han (Reb)
    Fleet Member

Have you tried The Foundry? Can find some good missions there which are not always shoot ’em ups. I use The Foundry as the equivalent of adventuring.

Admiral T'Liis [USS Endeavour]
    @rebnai

Jalification
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

@Han wrote:

Have you tried The Foundry? Can find some good missions there which are not always shoot ’em ups. I use The Foundry as the equivalent of adventuring.

Great idea… forgot about those!

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

You should try out foundry missions: “Conjoined” and “The Rising Phoenix” at Fed side. You can find them at the list of spotlighted foundry missions. If you play any that you could recommend, write it here. I think there are a lot of good undiscovered stories.

Also, check our Screencap contest that is currently running – you can look at it as exploration.

If you would like to role-play, I’m interested into making Role-Playing section in the fleet.

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

i miss the old exploration missions myself. lately i seem to chat as much as i play. would that count? 🙂

Jalification
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Yeah, I’m up for some roleplaying as well… wouldn’t mind that.
    I catch myself roleplaying with my own stuff… focusing a lot on engineering just because I like the idea of it.
    Not sure how you would roleplay togheter in sto…

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

@Jalification wrote:

Yeah, I’m up for some roleplaying as well… wouldn’t mind that.
    I catch myself roleplaying with my own stuff… focusing a lot on engineering just because I like the idea of it.
    Not sure how you would roleplay togheter in sto…

RP
    I was thinking that we could do something similar like they did in Star Trek TV show. Choose a ship and a crew. Players that decide to rp would be bridge officers on that ship. Idea is to create a story by letting our imagination do its thing. When someone types something into chat that becomes part of “reality” in that situation so others adapt to it. This way WE create a story that could lead us to exploration, mystery solving or discovery of hidden knowledge – no boundaries.

We would need to develop our toon with background story and any other characteristics that would make it easier for us to adopt to created story. We should define the mission and name of the ship where we perform our duty. Mission could bring us to other planets, etc.

There is project Starbase 381 that I linked in my earlier post that serves as base to role-playing so it could be possible location to try out.

Just an idea that will maybe live up one day. : )

Jalification
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

[/color]

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Actually, I posted that in-game to see if anyone is interested in making fleet role-playing possible. That is why I’m glad you are showing some interest. : )

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.