New System Specs: From TOS to TNG

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge The Oasis Recreation New System Specs: From TOS to TNG

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

i will have to take your word for it. 🙂

Trance74
    Fleet Member

yes i would

CodeWarrior316
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

aaaaaand today my comp died, she was way overage and overworked but she served me well. wondering if its worth try to revive her… all the fans will kick on, and then shut down immediately, no post no nothing. cleared the dust and reseated VC, mem and power connectors. nothing changed. lucky to have a laptop avail but don’t think it will run STO might have to try it tho.

Latinumbar
    Admiral (Retired)
    Team Player

Ouch, man.

I’m a noob when it comes to tech gear. Maybe it’s your power supply? I have no idea what it costs these days to repair. But things are cheap right now if you’re in the market for a new computer. Summer is a good time to buy, and there are back to school sales going on. Plus, if you don’t really need to get Windows 8, and windows 7 system will save you some $$.

Here’s a decent pre-built system that should be able to handle STO easily:
    http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Desktops/HP-Pavilion/H2M53AA?HP-Pavilion-p6-2120-Desktop-PC

Under $500 with sale. You could probably find even better if you spend some time looking.

mrbruce1970
    Fleet Member

It’s likely the power supply, they die easily over time and very easily if you’re not running a UPS and have a lot of line noise or power fluctuations.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.