LOR – Video Driver

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck LOR – Video Driver

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

i finally got tribble to load this weekend. when i entered tribble i got a message concerning the video driver.

i did all the updates i could and a few other things, but when i tried again i was still getting the message.

did anyone else run into this? i went ahead and selected the option to play with less resolution or lower resources, whatever it was, and it seemed to work okay and looked fine, but i was wondering if it would look better if i had the right video driver.

i play on a laptop that i got no more than 2 years ago. any ideas, suggestions???

i thought the new romulan stuff was great btw.

Blackout
    Fleet Member

Apparently, the tribble server automatically sets your setting to maximum for everything when you patch.

Seeing as you’re on a 2 year old laptop, you should probably scale that down. My 2 year old laptop with an ATI 6550m (which was a mid-tier mobile GPU 2 years ago) can’t handle max settings, so I suspect yours can’t either (unless you bought something with a GTX 470/480m or something).

(Just a note, for anyone who might not know about mobile GPUs, they’re usually 1-2 generations behind desktop GPUs in terms of performance. The current Geforce 750m is about as effective as a Geforce 550/640).

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral

thanks for the reply but Sargon no understand…..need to find my IT guy….where does he hide??? probably playing games somewhere. 🙂

Blackout
    Fleet Member

In game, on the tribble server, hit Esc, options, video.

You’ll see a bunch of options. Set antialiasing to 2x, antisotropic filtering to 2x (or 4x), and try and run. If it gets choppy, start setting other settings to low or medium until you’re not choppy or laggy.

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral

too simple for me….

i checked with my IT guy. he suggested http://www.support.hp.com

pretty easy.

i would imagine all pc companies have a similar website.

i updated several things while in there.

bodgeup
    Fleet Member

I’ve found that when u play tribble it sets all the graphics settings to default and you have to set them all up again so u should copy what u have when playing on holodeck. Also Its best to set the graphics settings at the character selection screen as some settings require a game restart to take effect, so if u set them there u dont need to as once u have done them and select the character it starts the game engine from there so ur settings will then be applied.

If you don have any issues when playing on holodeck i doubt its a driver issue, it will most likely be graphics settings in game. Don’t forget to check what you have set in the advanced settings at the bottom, they are hidden by default until u check the button or checkbox (can’t remember which from top of my head) U should also try changing the DX driver in there and set to DX9 as if its trying DX11 and ur card does not support DX11 that will cause problems. I have also found that running in “Windowed Maximised” instead of exclusive full screen looks better and causes lest glitches, so that may be worth trying 1st as thats one of the 1st settings.

Let me know how u get on?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.