Leveling

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Leveling

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Vexor
    Fleet Member

Is there any reson to do side missions now or just burn to level cap and then gear out?
    In EVE fleets we have large and small ships, but this game feels more like a trinity-level based mmo. Im i useless at level 14? Should I just work on gettijng to 50?

aka @mcnastyface

Blackout
    Fleet Member

You’re not all that useful at 14, so yes, level away (although there are some missions that are worth doing just to get some unique rewards).

Latinumbar
    Admiral (Retired)
    Team Player

IDK. I think some of the missions are actually… fun. Go figure.

Blackout
    Fleet Member

Missions were fun for me the first couple of times around (I’m enjoying the rom missions! I swear!), but after 4 lvl 50 characters, they kinda just become grind =/

Maybe I’ve just become old and bitter =p

Latinumbar
    Admiral (Retired)
    Team Player

@Blackout wrote:

Missions were fun for me the first couple of times around (I’m enjoying the rom missions! I swear!), but after 4 lvl 50 characters, they kinda just become grind =/

Maybe I’ve just become old and bitter =p

Oh, I assumed he was talking about the new Rom missions. Yeah, for fed I’d want to just level them. I hear the new KDF missions are good. Might do replay on those.

CodeWarrior316
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

@Vexor wrote:

Is there any reson to do side missions now or just burn to level cap and then gear out?
    In EVE fleets we have large and small ships, but this game feels more like a trinity-level based mmo. Im i useless at level 14? Should I just work on gettijng to 50?

There is not much exclusivity to lower level content other than perhaps harassing low level feds/kdf in kerrat. Otherwise just get to 50, you can replay the missions anytime you wish unless it is clearly time constrained special stuff. Or ‘enjoy’ it when leveling an alt heh! All other content is geared towards max level (50) chars.

GTVADeimos

The game is very different from EVE where basic frigates have worth in the endgame just as much as the Titans that, as you know, make STO ships look like toys. Also it takes only days flat out to top out in STO rather than 5-10 years for EVE (yes years). For those of you who dont know EVE a Ragnarock Titan Class with tier 5 pilot skills but no modules fitted at all has about 2 million HP on shields, 1 million HP hull and about 65000 structure.

Unless you really like running missions or following the storyline just burn your way to level 50 and start grinding rep for good kit, do fleet stf’s etc. You can always go back and do the storyline when you need a diversion.

GTVADeimos

As an aid to those who have no experience with EVE here is a ship size comparison. Jem Dreadnoughts make an appearance about 2/3 of the way down the page.

http://www.merzo.net/10mpp.htm

Negator
    Fleet Member

If I had money Id like to play EVE. Oh well

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

I like leveling up, not to get to lvl.50 but just for the feel of getting new level.I forgotten how fun it is as I am lvl.50 for some time with my fed character.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.