Legacy of Romulus Legacy Pack

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Legacy of Romulus Legacy Pack

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    BAMFacus
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

http://sto.perfectworld.com/legacypack/legacy

When I first saw “buy it now” on STO’s main page I thought it was a joke because its, free…right? But clicking on it I realized what they were offering for that price and I thought to myself…hmmmm. 8 retrofit zen store ships from tier 1 to VA tier 5 each complete with its own unique console, a scorpion fighter plus other extras.

Look a $124.99 is a lot of money but I’m going to preorder it because I love this game and that is a ton of ships and two because I love this game I want to continue supporting this game financially so that Cryptic can continue supporting this game for us.

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

i see nothing wrong with financially supporting things that you like. This kind of thinking was part of my justification to buy LTS, etc.

STO being “free-to-play” was very attractive to me, but i have spent way more than i ever dreamed that i would spend on a game….a game of any kind for that matter. i’m guessing this game is past the point of being financially supported and is probably churning out a pretty nice profit.

if it was not for the fact that i currently have 3 characters; 2 fed and 1 klingon, i would jump on this deal in a heart beat. kind of makes me wish i had not started my other alts, but i have too much invested in them.

what is really keeping me from going romulan is the grind. Sargon is taking it easy because he needs nothing till the tholian rep sys starts up.

my sci alt, Shar’Kali, is still grinding for some omega stuff. she needs or wants the omega set and assimilated borg console.

my klingon, Auloh, is grinding for FMs for the base and about half way through the rep system.

my most recent regret is starting the crystaline entity on all characters. that grind is wearing me out. only 27 more CEs to go. ugh…..

the grind has worn me out. i am trying to get as much grind done as possible now with Auloh & Shar becaue once the tholian rep sys starts i will be back on Sargon full time.

i kind of hate missing out on this legacy pack and the romulan play, but i just don’t have it in me to grind anymore.

Blackout
    Fleet Member

I want to see what these ships do before I pay for them…

I’m not one to blindly spend $125 on things that have no real descriptions. I’ll wait for the dev blog that tells me what these things do.

Jim44305
    Fleet Member

It is very tempting. I’ll probably be doing the same as Blackout though. It’s an awful lot of money for something that I have no idea (for the most part) if I’ll make use of or not. That being said I did plan on making one of each class of Romulan because, just getting back into the game, I haven’t invested anything but time into my Fed character. My entire reason for coming back to the game again was to play Romulans so I’ll be interested to see what the ships available in the legacy pack offer. If it proves to be something that I want then I’ll go to work on figuring out how to justify the purchase to my wife 😆

Latinumbar
    Admiral (Retired)
    Team Player

@Sargon wrote:

my most recent regret is starting the crystaline entity on all characters. that grind is wearing me out. only 27 more CEs to go. ugh…..

Well, think of it this way…

3 toons = 150,000 dilihtium refined in about a week. If you add in the 480 you get from each run, it comes out to ~4000 dil per run.

For fm, it works out to about 70+ fm per run.

Vindleth
    Fleet Member

It is a lot of money for virtual items. While i don’t mind spending cash on something i enjoy, you cant really fly 7 ships at the same time and in the end you will only be flying one. So imo it is better to buy just the one ship you want even if it costs a bit more that way.

Also I’m all for supporting the game and developers, the more money they have the more content we will end up having. From what i have heard sto is generating more money than they thought it would. but somehow 150$ is eeeek.

elvis441
    Fleet Member

I don’t plan on having a Romulan toon (Don’t have a klingon one either). Wouldn’t make sense for me to shell out that kind of money(Already LTS). I would buy zen or lobi stuff first. Each to his own though..

CodeWarrior316
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

I want what Cryptic is on if they think we should pay $125 for that. For me, no way, no how don’t care how good the stuff is. End of story.

Dijeh
    Fleet Member

They aren’t targeting the casuals or moderates with that pack, they are targeting people who are willing to drop 200+ USD on lock boxes. Apparently people like that do exist and in a sizable amount, so cryptic stands to make a little money early lol.

Jim44305
    Fleet Member

4 or 5 years ago I played a game that had a very strong pay to win aspect to the cash shop and most of what you bought was consumed on use; producing a result that was largely a gamble. The items would give you a better % chance of success but the same rules applied that if you failed in what you were attempting you lost not only the item you bought but every level of enhancement that was already on the weapon or armor that you were working on. Some people embraced it and spent a pile on the game. I recall one post that went up on their forum (this was still less than 2 weeks after the game launched) from a guy who was complaining that he spent $5000 on their cash shop and is down to just under $1500 left yet has nothing to show for it.

My point is that in that case he had to know his purchase was a gamble and this gamble. STO is thankfully not that way and I’ve seen nothing on the cash shop that makes me feel like I’m being held back by not getting out the credit card. For that we’re lucky because PWE certainly has some games that can only be described as pay to win. If someone wants to spend big bucks in those games because they enjoy it though then there’s nothing wrong with that. The same applies to the legacy pack. To some Trek fans a $125 investment into something they thoroughly enjoy is probably one of the cheaper Trek purchases they’ve made.

There’s a lot offered in the pack but after looking into it I’ve decided to pass. The ships offered span all tiers and once I reach VA all of the ships from the other tiers would only be visited during moments of nostalgia. So I’ll just save my money until I reach VA and drop a few bucks on one or two ships for that tier. I can see why some would want the pack though. There’s some good stuff there.

Blessed
    Fleet Member

I will have a Romulan character, probably a sci since I already have a fed and kling engi and a fed tact.

I will not however drop the $ on the game. I don’t play internet spaceships like most folks do though. Only on my fed engi have I done more than 3 chapters of the storyline. My other characters were leveled up primarily on STFs and events (periodically pvp).

I like to run stfs and do the Doff missions. None of my guys have the best gear or the best ships, I spread it out to thin. I would have had a nice Cstore ship on at least one of them but I got caught up in spending zen of the fleet support officer packs hoping for a bug ship (that I never got). So back to grinding Dil and a little rep here and there until the Dil/Zen exchange gets reasonable again and then I’ll buy in for more than 10 mil creds to the account and maybe some inventory slots. Then the waiting game for a FHEC on my tactical.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.