Jem’Hadar Set & Polaron Weapons

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Jem’Hadar Set & Polaron Weapons

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

so does anyone use polaron with the jem’hadar set? i will probably end up trying it just to see for myself, but would appreciate hearing what the fleet has to say about it.

would it be best to use a 2 piece jem’hadar set with maco 12 shields?? or some other shield?

i will let you know how it works out for me.

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

i was using my mobius, which uses polaron weapons. i did a couple missions using the borg set. no math formulas or data logs used.

i then switched to the full jem’hadar set and did the same exact missions. i blew up a lot. my ability to destroy ships appeared to be no better or worse.

replaced the JH shield with maco 12 shield. did better, but not as well with the straight borg set.

my unscientific conclusion: put your jem’hadar set in your inventory and hope someday an upgrade becomes avaialbe for it. i really like that purple color. just too bad it is not a better set.

i find the concept of the borg to be scary; to be assimilated and just be one of the collective. however in game, i don’t think you can beat the borg set. just my humble opinion

Blackout
    Fleet Member

Right on.

The Jem set is next to useless. The 7% polaron bonus is to base damage, so it’s about 1/4 of a console… which works out to just over a 1.2% damage boost.

1.2% damage vs all the advantages of the Borg set or MACO shields, and it’s a no contest.

BTW, the Mobius that I fly uses disruptors – and you’ve seen first hand how much pain they bring 😉

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.