Horrid makes Star Trek TOS tabletop stuff

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge The Oasis Recreation Horrid makes Star Trek TOS tabletop stuff

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Novellus Caine
    Fleet Member

I’m curious….are you 3-d printing your own designs or are these unfinished models that you’ve purchased and painted?  I know nothing about table-top gaming.  They look awesome, regardless.

horridperson
    Fleet Member

I have been picking them up off Shapeways.  The models pictured are the first painted figures from my first order.  My tech-fu is horribly limited so I don’t know anything about computer modelling or have the budget for 3d printing at home.  I like these 1/7000; They were printed in frosted detail material.  I’m considering picking up a couple models at a larger scale (1/37??) in a cheaper material (WSF) to find out how well detail is preserved in it.  I’m glad you liked them 😀 ; I’m almost finished a few more small ships so I will try to post them when I get them finished.

horridperson
    Fleet Member

Marcase,

I painted a bit while I was at sea.  It was challenging to a) Find the time and a suitable space standing 1 in 2 watches and b) learning to paint small details on a moving ship.  The last bit was actually easier.  By cradling the model and brush in hand braced palm to palm it wasn’t too bad.  Any movement of the ship affected the joined hands movement evenly so I didn’t make too many mistakes.  Painting eyes was still a bitch.  It reminded me a little of shooting; trying not to breathe and reading the swell of the sea.

horridperson
    Fleet Member

Romulan ship sighted!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.