Application for InDubioVeritas

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Recruitment Academy Application for InDubioVeritas

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    InDubioVeritas
    On Eternal Patrol
    Team Player

Main character’s name: tylerdurden@indubioveritas

Real Name (first name only): David

Location (at least time zone): England, GMT

Are you Silver/gold/ or Lifetime?: Silver at present, considering going Lifetime.

Tell us about yourself (trek/game history, whatever you want us to know about you): I am a fairly new player, but a lifetime Trekkie and experienced gamer. Keen to learn as this is my first foray into online gaming, being as I generally prefer to fly under the radar so to speak.

Why did you choose the Mighty 44th: I am looking for a relaxed, informal, minimal drama fleet and I saw your replies in the STO forum to someone requesting similar things to what I would prefer. It seemed a good fit.

Have you read the rules (the rules and regulations are located under the ‘About Us’ tab at the top):
    I have indeed. All looks perfectly reasonable to me.

Are you willing to use Teamspeak?: Perhaps.

Latinumbar
    Admiral (Retired)
    Team Player

Greetings, and thanks for applying.

We will get you a fleet invite shortly. In the meantime, please read this thread with more info about the fleet including how to join the private fleet channel:
    http://startrek.44thfleet.com/forum/index.php?f=12&t=30&rb_v=viewtopic

btw, I’m curious about your handle. I believe the literal translation is “when in doubt” and “truth”. So, seek the truth when in doubt? Or always question what is claimed to be the truth?

Look forward to seeing you online.

Edit: ok invite sent.

InDubioVeritas
    On Eternal Patrol
    Team Player

Thanks!

Just got and accepted the invite. 🙂

Looking at the thread now.

Indeed, my username is somewhat pretentious… blame the classical English education!
    It is a play on the famous maxim “In Vino Veritas” (“In wine there is truth”… or in other words, getting wasted helps change your perspective sometimes ;)… )
    It is intended to mean “In doubt there is truth” or perhaps “In doubt lies truth”. I prefer the second translation as it contains a fun pseudo oxymoron. (Again, blame my pretentiousness on my English education!). So, your second version is closer. It refers to the fact that dogma is the real problem, that asking the right questions is more important than getting answers. There is no absolute truth, or absolute right… and so on. I shall shut up now.

Look forward to seeing you online.

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

welcome aboard. i really like your handle btw.

Intrepid
    Vice-Admiral

Cheers! 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.