Application for Dijeh

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Recruitment Academy Application for Dijeh

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Dijeh
    Fleet Member

Main character’s name: Dijeh@Dijeh (FED) or Rune@Dijeh (KDF)

Real Name (first name only): Chris

Location (at least time zone): Central Standard Time

Are you Silver/gold/ or Lifetime?: Silver

Tell us about yourself (trek/game history, whatever you want us to know about you): Grew up watching DS9, game history bit to long to list. Other then STO, play CO off/on, waiting for GW2, Mechwarrior, and Dust 514. Still actively play League of Legends, specifically Dominion.

Why did you choose the Mighty 44th: Few reasons, getting boring just casually playing solo, don’t particularly enjoy the random success/fail rate of relying on matchmaking for normal/elite STFs, can’t carry hard enough when team does not communicate using team/zone chat.

Have you read the rules (the rules and regulations are located under the ‘About Us’ tab at the top): Yes I have read the rules, I try to follow the Summoners Code when it comes to all my gaming. I have a few questions though, how do the rules apply to ‘trolling’ in stfs? For example when you ask not to take out elite cure space cubes and keep them @ 10%, but someone takes it out. Or multiple battleships closing in on kang, begging the one person hitting probes to help dps, yet they continue to dps after the team gets wiped? Worth noting these would be asked of the player easily 30+ seconds before the event take place.

Are you willing to use Teamspeak?: It would depend on what kind of content we are doing as a fleet, casually no, if it was for an stf or PvE, possibly, depends on the difficulty.

greatzippy
    Vice-Admiral

Greetings and welcome to the 44th Fleet. You should now have access to the website and will be recieving a fleet invite in-game shortly. You should also recieve a KDF fleet invite.

Latinumbar
    Admiral (Retired)
    Team Player

Welcome.

Please see this thread for more info about the fleet, including how to join the private fleet channel.:
    http://startrek.44thfleet.com/forum/index.php?f=12&t=30&rb_v=viewtopic

In regards to your question about trolling, I’m not quite sure if I am understanding your question correctly. Most fleet members are able to follow instructions. Mistakes do happen, but we usually don’t get too uptight about it when it happens. It’s more of an issue with PUGs.

Dijeh
    Fleet Member

Thank you for the invitation. Got a weird bug though on my star fleet officer, clicked accept, waited… then proceeded to spam the accept button. Didn’t work… went on my kdf clicked accept and everything went fine. May I please have a resend on my star fleet officer? Thank you. I guess to simplify the question, you warn player not to do X, several min/seconds in advance, yet they still do it, would that be considered trolling.

greatzippy
    Vice-Admiral

Ok, I’m not sure whats goin on with the Fleet invite. I tried to resend but am still getting a message that you were already invited to a fleet. Do you have any fleet invites from anyone? Perhaps a random from someone?

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

welcome aboard. feel free to invite me to a STF anytime. i’m on the Fed side and prefer elites.

Dijeh
    Fleet Member

Not to my knowledge, normally whenever I receive a random invite click decline or just let it time out if I was afk. It might be an issue that my Star Fleet char was on the ESD and and since its more populated then the kdf end. The fleet invite loads before my pc loads my char, then when my pc actually loads the map, timer is up and I can’t accept the fleet invite.

Another possibility is that the invite that I received prior is hampering issues with receiving new invitations. Is it possible to send an invite through in game mail? I know that is a feature in CO, that might work out better then what we have attempted to do previously. However if that is not an option currently parked my char in the Regulus Sector. Thank you and lets hope it works.

Latinumbar
    Admiral (Retired)
    Team Player

OK. I think it’s the case of too many cooks. I just sent an invite late last night. So if zippy sent another, that might bug it.

Having read your post from this morning, I just sent another one. It didn’t give me an error message, so it ‘should’ work.

CodeWarrior316
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Welcome!

Fleet rules in game and on the forums

– As a fleet we will not accept “trolling” of any type on our forums, STO forums, any chat in game, or on any other fleet forums.

This of course applies to 44th members, not the general public. It can be summarized in the words “don’t be an asshat.” It’s up to you how to deal with others given the situation. If starfleet, perhaps some time in the brig, or if KDF, throw them out the nearest airlock. Keep in mind, your actions reflect on the fleet in general.

Latinumbar
    Admiral (Retired)
    Team Player

@CodeWarrior316 wrote:

Welcome!

Fleet rules in game and on the forums

– As a fleet we will not accept “trolling” of any type on our forums, STO forums, any chat in game, or on any other fleet forums.

This of course applies to 44th members, not the general public. It can be summarized in the words “don’t be an asshat.” It’s up to you how to deal with others given the situation. If starfleet, perhaps some time in the brig, or if KDF, throw them out the nearest airlock. Keep in mind, your actions reflect on the fleet in general.

Oh, I get your question now, lol. Sorry. mind block. Anyway, what Codewarrior said sums it up nicely. Basically, the 44th has a half-decent reputation in the STO community. We are not known to be trolls, griefers, etc. As member, just don’t do anything that would tarnish the fleet in the community’s eyes. That’s the main purpose of the statement in the rules. It’s a rule for our own conduct, not the conduct of others.

As for people who don’t listen in STFs, well that is not something we can control (other than not going through the public que to play the missions).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.