Advanced Combat Tracker

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Advanced Combat Tracker

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    defcon1776
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

If you have two monitors, you can watch the tracker live as you run a mission too! If not, there is also an customizable overlay for your game window so you can show live dps/crits or other stats.

BAMFacus
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

I have the program installed and I know about the plugin (http://hilbertguide.com/ACT.html) but could someone explain to me how to utilize the plugin as it shows up in text form?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

bodgeup
    Fleet Member

Try following the guide on this website: –

http://www.ng-gaming.net/forums/showthread.php?222385-Tutorial-ACT-(Advanced-Combat-Tracker)

Once u get it setup and working every time you create a new combat log all u do is open ACT and it auto loads the logs.

Let me know how u get on, ive used this myself so may be able to help if u get stuck. When u get it working its excellent. You should DFL all the Plugins for STO as some are better than others at diff things. eg the 2010v is better at PVP, 1071v is better at PVE.

Just remember to start the log using /combatlog 1 b4 starting combat then remember to stop it using /combatlog 0. or it just keeps on going, act can differentiate between the events but ts better to have seperate logs.

I used it myself to test setups so it does work it just takes a bit of fiddling to get running.

But just follow the guide on the site i provided as it can explain far better than i ever could. It is good guide, i used myself.

BAMFacus
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Thanks Bodge! Just viewed the guide and its great…now I can give the tracker a shot I will let you know how it goes.

defcon1776
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

v2011 – This is the recommended version with good NPC-handling for PVP situations (using improvements by Pirye@ucalegon). Attention: this version has slightly incorrect accuracy values and incorrect crit hit rates .

v1050 – This is the last version that had raw damage parsing. Accuracy and crit chance are correct.

An analysis of the differences is needed… :geek:

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

thanks

Sargon
    Fleet Admiral
    Founder 44th Delta FleetTeam Player

so now i have to expose my ignorance. having trouble with the plug in. how do you save that?

defcon1776
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

@Sargon wrote:

so now i have to expose my ignorance. having trouble with the plug in. how do you save that?

happens to me too. I just save it to my documents folder, then copy or cut and paste into the program folder located at: C:Program Files (x86)Advanced Combat Tracker

Be sure to save the file with a .cs file extension. .cs

TBak
    Fleet Member

I could not seem to get ACT to work, (Windows Vista 64bit). It loads the plugin, seems to indicate everything is fine, but gives no results after it parses the file.

I did download the generic Cryptic combat parser and then modified it slightly to better handle the STO log files.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/combatlogparser/

That is the damage parser I am using now, but I did have to modify it. There were some types of damage lines in the STO log file that crashed the generic version. If desired I could make the update version available. Caveat: It does require Java 1.7

defcon1776
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

@TBak wrote:

I could not seem to get ACT to work, (Windows Vista 64bit). It loads the plugin, seems to indicate everything is fine, but gives no results after it parses the file.

I did download the generic Cryptic combat parser and then modified it slightly to better handle the STO log files.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/combatlogparser/

That is the damage parser I am using now, but I did have to modify it. There were some types of damage lines in the STO log file that crashed the generic version. If desired I could make the update version available. Caveat: It does require Java 1.7

As long as you can use it as a reliable measure of your ships performance with diff gear. 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.