Worthwhile a Read & Something

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Worthwhile a Read & Something

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jalification
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

READ: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1309001

Personally; I’ve had the exact same experiance… whenever I fly a faw-boat I feel less effective. The Graph on my Advanced Combat tracker tell me diffrent stories then what I see with my eyes.

Up to you to decide wheter you agree with this person or not.

Maybe the DPS race has been influencing my mood; listing to others because it must be like that. It removed my will to play. I’m going to try it out again, play the game differently because this guy is telling some truth (for my feeling). I know a lot of other fleet mates have been feeling the same thing, there is less joy…

I suggest people become more stuborn and do whatever they like.

—-

Backstory from another game called Eve-Online. I used to be a theory crafter for fleets, I made many fleet compositions and people were always telling me I was wrong. However very often 6 months later we still pulled it off or our enemy did my tactic succesfully and owning us. Eventually many of my fleet composistions were used and let to a succesfull corporation called Snuff-Box.

This comes back to the old rule that I made for myself (and somehow forgot); your succes is not determined by following a specific path and following others. It is the actual ability you have as player and improving upon that, your reflexes, tactical mind or creativity.

Blackout
    Fleet Member

I think this person is complaining about people doing DPS without the skill to back it up.

FAW when uncontrolled can have pretty disastrous consequences like grabbing aggro from everything, or blowing a generator. What is actually interesting is that the OP from that thread doesn’t understand that FAW is great for single target damage too (not as good as say, Surgical Strikes, but still good), as long as you have no other targets in range. So you can get single target damage by positioning yourself correctly, since ISA/E generators are stationary.

What’s ironic here, is that he’s defending pugs, then saying that he can fix pugs full of bad players – which is the problem with PuGs – they’re full of bad players, and require inefficient builds to save their ass.

PuGs require good players to save them from bad players (e.g. a pure CC Sci). Which means that only bad teams require inefficient builds to bail them out – making the team worse.

The truth is that DPS + Game Skill in STO trumps most PvE Scenarios because most of the objectives have timers associated with them. Until that changes, DPS is king (and game skill is queen – which means you can get by with one or the other, but you’ll do better with both).

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

@Jalification wrote:

This comes back to the old rule that I made for myself (and somehow forgot); your success is not determined by following a specific path and following others. It is the actual ability you have as player and improving upon that, your reflexes, tactical mind or creativity.

Well said, looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

I stopped playing aux2bat builds because I had that setup for ages and wanted to try something new. Now my main is flying a Scryer, pure science CC build.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.