Useful Links

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Useful Links

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Cynexas
    Fleet Member

As a useful resource for newer fleet members I’ve compiled a list of links to useful guides / factoids that I’ve personally found very useful to developing my game play.
    I make no guarantee of the accuracy or how up to date the guides are but I have found them invaluable. These links are provided as is and as such you should always use a good virus scanner for any downloads.
    Note I do not endorse any of these links but share them as is in the hopes it might help light the way for others.

DOFF’s
    Obtaining DOFF’s and colonial chains
    Efficient DOFF’ing

Daily LORE Mission (Fed Academy)
    Lore Answers

Ship Builds
    Reddit build discussions
    Drake, Dragon and A2B Builds
    Ship Building Basics
    DPS Guide

Tour the Galaxy (EC mission)
    **This can be found in your available mission under Jay Yim and gives about 25k EC per waypoint
    Efficient Route Guide

Keybinding
    Keybind Application
    Hilbert guide to keybinding

Skill Points
    Effect of skill point levels – Space

Reputation Marks
    Grinding Locations

Combat Log Parsers
    ACT
    CLR (DPS Channel approved parser, local app)
    STO DPS (Web based log system)

Blackout
    Fleet Member

I question the DPS guide. It states:

Don’t Equip More than 6 Beams – It drains too much power

This is just flat out wrong, and shows that the author doesn’t actually understand how weapons drain works. You will NEVER do less damage using MORE weapons.

fatman592
    Fleet Member

@Blackout wrote:

I question the DPS guide. It states:

Don’t Equip More than 6 Beams – It drains too much power

This is just flat out wrong, and shows that the author doesn’t actually understand how weapons drain works. You will NEVER do less damage using MORE weapons.

That guide is definitely a little dated. The author(s) did update the top with traits, but as you go down it’s stuff straight out of the LoR DPS days. Rom Plasma being top DPS, and the constant pushing of the experimental beam…

That being said, the guide offers a lot of good information overall.

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

I played with website’s extensions so there is new tab next to “sto news” called “links”, inspired by this topic. Some links were added so check if you think they don’t belong there or suggest a link that could be added.

I didn’t added one of those Builds guide Cynexas mentioned as I wasn’t sure which one was outdated, need to check it. Of course, it would be perfect if our own guide is posted there but that would take time and will.

Let me know what you think.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.