To Lifetime or Not to Lifetime

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck To Lifetime or Not to Lifetime

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Inferno
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Pros:
    1) It’s on sale for $200.
    2) All of the vet rewards.
    3) STO doesn’t look like it’s going away for a long time.
    4) All of the Zen stipends (when they work).

Cons:
    1) $200 is an awful lot for me.
    2) What if I get sick of playing? I have been known to suddenly drop an MMO and never go back.
    3) Seriously, $200…
    4) I don’t know how I feel about giving PWE that much money.

Advices, please?

Antules
    Fleet Member

I’d probably wait a bit and see how you like the game when you can do all the content. Then if you think it is something you can continue to play, get it and make a new toon with all the perks :3

Inferno
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Let me clarify 🙂

I’m sitting on 2 Fed VA’s, a Romulan KDF VA and working on a Klingon Eng. I have 6? I think empty character slots already. I’ve been playing off and on for a long time. I’m not new to the game at all.

Also the sale only goes for 11 more days, there is no way I will be able to pull it off when it goes back up to $300.

Latinumbar
    Admiral (Retired)
    Team Player

Are you subbing now? If you are, it will take about 13 months to make back your money. Not too bad. If you are ‘free’ player, then it will take 3 years to make back your money in terms of Zen stipend. But this is just a purely mathematical calculation.

The other thing to consider is the account wide benefits. When you go LTS, all the benefits apply to the entire account. Every character gets the vet ship, titles, free retrofit ship, extra slots, bonus respec tokens, etc. And account bank is awesome. The more characters you have, the more value a LTS has.

CodeWarrior316
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

@Latinumbar wrote:

Are you subbing now? If you are,

you are stupid and it would be less stupid for you to go ahead and go lifetime! Sorry to put it so bluntly…
    @Latinumbar wrote:

The other thing to consider is the account wide benefits. When you go LTS, all the benefits apply to the entire account. Every character gets the vet ship, titles, free retrofit ship, extra slots, bonus respec tokens, etc. And account bank is awesome. The more characters you have, the more value a LTS has.

The account bank is awesome but you don’t need LTS to get it. Pay 1 month sub (14.99?) and you got it – and it stays. Also any chars you are leveling will get respec tokens at that time, and if you get to 50 (or something) you will get all the personal bank slots. I didn’t level my klink sci to 50 and only got partial… going LTS doesn’t reward respecs retroactively as far as I know. Don’t let the ships sway you, sure the 1000 day looks nice, but if you aren’t constantly flying it why bother. Now, if it still sounds attractive to you to spend 200 on this, I say go for it!

Inferno
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Yes I sub now, I get cheap as heck gamecards.

This is a tough call. I already have room for 10 characters, I think the LTS adds two..I’m too lazy to go look. I think 12 characters might drive me insane permanently. Now, if the respec tokens were retroactive, my two Fed VA’s could really use them. Argh, I say, argh.

Latinumbar
    Admiral (Retired)
    Team Player

@LadyInferno wrote:

Yes I sub now, I get cheap as heck gamecards.

This is a tough call. I already have room for 10 characters, I think the LTS adds two..I’m too lazy to go look. I think 12 characters might drive me insane permanently. Now, if the respec tokens were retroactive, my two Fed VA’s could really use them. Argh, I say, argh.

Well, I did some checking, and you get 5 respec tokens as part of the veteran rewards. (That explains why my new Romulan has 10 available respecs right now). With 4 characters, that’s 20 respec tokens that you will get. at 500 Zen per token, that’s a 10,000 Zen ($100 value) right there.

Inferno
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

It’s a difficult decision. $200 is nearly all of my monthly spending limit. For anything but food and other survival items. 🙂

Vindleth
    Fleet Member

It is a lot of money to inject into game. Nothing should cost that much especially in virtual world. And since you don’t “need” ALL of the stuff you will get it seems like a huge waste to me. Most of the respects tokens wont be used anyway.

Id rather spend that money on something else, especially since it is your limit and you aren’t growing money in a pot.

That is my 2 cents, i still think that is a lot of money to spend on a game that is already free just to get “prestige” item….

Inferno
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

For the record, I just finished my LTS purchase. Go me.

CodeWarrior316
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Glad we could help rationalize your purchase to make you feel better 🙂

Inferno
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

That is really all I posted for, I think. Hahaha.

Antules
    Fleet Member

Good work 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.