[Story Comments] – Into the Mouth of Madness

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Holodeck [Story Comments] – Into the Mouth of Madness

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Sovereign47
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Just wrote an another post in RP theme and continued the storyline. While it didn’t revealed much, it is an introduction to nightmares that are awaiting on us :mrgreen:
    Anyway, I hope that you will now have material to write something more. For example Horrid could get to DS3 by now and give my away team a hand on station’s attack investigation, while Kylar could spy on us from his warbird. Damix could maybe investigate what happened to station’s runabout I mentioned in the first post, or he could join us in investigation, or even both. You can also improvise as well :mrgreen: Just keep writing 😎

And those who haven’t join us yet in writing this story, feel free to do so.

walkah01
    Fleet Member

WOW !!! GREAT storyline. Wish I could type like you guys do. ENJOY reading it. Cant wait to see what happens.

Sovereign47
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

@walkah01 wrote:

WOW !!! GREAT storyline. Wish I could type like you guys do. ENJOY reading it. Cant wait to see what happens.

Thank you very much! The next thing(s) that are going to happen will be even more horrifying :mrgreen:

@Damix
    : Wow! Beaming straight to sickbay I see? You’re officers will have pretty hard time getting out of there, since if you remember there is one of the larger life sign signatures Dragonstar detected. I suggest you correct that and beam yourself in the vicinity of sickbay if you don’t want to give your characters insta-death :mrgreen:

Once you reach the sickbay I will give you description of what your characters will see and fight there. The creatures are very different from one another and their forms may vary, but not by much. Some will probably have more tentacles, while other may have more legs or eyes.
    One more thing. The corrosive liquid isn’t their blood, but rather their weapon (like a venom in snakes for example). So that liquid is purple colored with a slight glow to it (like some radioactive materials), while their blood is yellow and it is not corrosive, but it is dangerous in other way which I’m not gonna reveal yet as it would be an extremely huge spoiler :mrgreen:
    And since I’ve noticed that I haven’t described color of the creatures, I’m gonna tell it now. The creatures don’t have skin and their flesh is crimson-black. On some of their tentacles they carry translucent pockets which contain the corrosive fluid I mentioned earlier. And that’s pretty much all I could think of now and besides, I don’t want to reveal any more information so I don’t spoil the story any further. Hope this will do :mrgreen:

Btw it is very likely that in my next post I’m going to introduce (one of) their ships which do resemble their appearances 😎

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

@walkah01 wrote:

I’m glad you like it! You should try it, point is to have fun while expanding the story. I enjoy the story too.

@Sovereign47 wrote:

@Damix: Wow! Beaming straight to sickbay I see? You’re officers will have pretty hard time getting out of there, since if you remember there is one of the larger life sign signatures Dragonstar detected. I suggest you correct that and beam yourself in the vicinity of sickbay if you don’t want to give your characters insta-death :mrgreen:

I think you haven’t mentioned sickbay specifically as the location of the large entities. You said key parts of stations like on engineering deck, hangar bays, ops. I will edit my post and transport them to personal quarters of Doctor Tahna.

Sovereign47
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

@Damix wrote:

I’m glad you like it! You should try it, point is to have fun while expanding the story. I enjoy the story too.

Yes, you should listen to Damix’s advice walkah01 and join us. It ain’t that hard, and it is a lots of fun. Just stick to the rules and use your imagination 😎

@Damix wrote:

I think you haven’t mentioned sickbay specifically as the location of the large entities. You said key parts of stations like on engineering deck, hangar bays, ops. I will edit my post and transport them to personal quarters of Doctor Tahna.

True, but the sickbay can be also considered one of key points, however the station may have more of them so I’ll leave this choice up to you to made. Since there is only two of your characters, I wouldn’t recommend sending them in fight with ”boss” creatures. There must be at least four of characters plus dozens of redshirts in order to fight those things. Yep, they are really badass :mrgreen:

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

@Sovereign47 wrote:

The creatures don’t have skin and their flesh is crimson-black. On some of their tentacles they carry translucent pockets which contain the corrosive fluid I mentioned earlier.

40 years of Cardassian occupation was easy-peasy compared to this. In what have I got myself into ^^

@Sovereign47 wrote:

True, but the sickbay can be also considered one of key points, however the station may have more of them so I’ll leave this choice up to you to made.

No problem, I already changed from sickbay to his private quarters. I will follow clues I find there so still not sure if that will be sickbay or something else.

Sovereign47
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

@Damix wrote:

40 years of Cardassian occupation was easy-peasy compared to this. In what have I got myself into ^^

It surely was :mrgreen: Like Kylar (I think it was him) wrote in one of his post: Cyclopean nightmares :mrgreen:

@Damix wrote:

No problem, I already changed from sickbay to his private quarters. I will follow clues I find there so still not sure if that will be sickbay or something else.

Great! Do it anyway you prefer to. Btw, I really like the way you chose to take on getting on station. Those two of your characters will have some serious problems with their captain later I suppose :mrgreen:

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

@Sovereign47 wrote:

Great! Do it anyway you prefer to. Btw, I really like the way you chose to take on getting on station. Those two of your characters will have some serious problems with their captain later I suppose :mrgreen:

Glad you like it. I’m really having a good time incorporating personal story of the character with the DS3 station. I hope Captain won’t find out but you never know, story twists could go anywhere : )

Sovereign47
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

@Damix wrote:

@Sovereign47 wrote:

Glad you like it. I’m really having a good time incorporating personal story of the character with the DS3 station. I hope Captain won’t find out but you never know, story twists could go anywhere : )

Yes, it’s very enjoyable to write this story for me as well. This is as I said, actually a reboot of already written RP on original STO forum back in 2009/2010. close to the launch of the game, but this time it is starting to develop even better and aliens also seem more aggressive and horrifying as well :mrgreen:

I only hope that Kylar and horrid will post something soon too, and that the new people will join also.

Btw good that your captain is heading to starbase 514, because later in story, that will be most likely our base of operations 😎

Kylar
    Fleet Member

Sorry for not writing something a earlier I got a new job and it was taking up a lot of my time. Next the crew of the dauntless plans to analyze the tentacle they took and the decrypt the data they copied but I have no idea what they will find (of if the data is intact)

aka @armageddon771

Sovereign47
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

@Kylar wrote:

Sorry for not writing something a earlier I got a new job and it was taking up a lot of my time. Next the crew of the dauntless plans to analyze the tentacle they took and the decrypt the data they copied but I have no idea what they will find (of if the data is intact)

No problem. Just take your time. Quality is more important here anyway, than quantity.
    Now about that data, I would say it is the best that your character managed to recover only a pieces of it since the majority of data should be in ops where my characters are heading atm. Once my characters manage to reach the ops and deal with anything that might be awaiting on them there (hint: giant life signatures :mrgreen: ), then the most of the data will be revealed. I hope that’s ok.

Sovereign47
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

@Damix: Very good post! I wonder if the being in the jefferie’s tube was alive or dead? But as far as I am concerned it could be both. Now there is a thing I haven’t mentioned about those creatures (it would be to huge spoiler), which I intend to describe in my next post :mrgreen: However, I will wait just a little more on horrid to post before I decide to write mine.

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Thanks. I have some rough ideas but will decide when I start typing. There are some potential leads found on computer in Tahna’s quarters someone can build on or add more details to it.

Are those creatures hiding something? Horrid’s post is highly anticipated. : )

Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

No worries for the wait, RL first. This was really interesting and I like how you connected the stories. It was really exciting, hope I’ll write my part asap.

Sovereign47
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

@Damix wrote:

No worries for the wait, RL first. This was really interesting and I like how you connected the stories. It was really exciting, hope I’ll write my part asap.

Thanks! I’m glad you like it.

I was thinking that it would be the best if Tahna was made survivor since he is your character you came up with and I hope you liked how I made him really capable of surviving even against such odds :mrgreen:
    I also hope you like the design of that ship I come up with :mrgreen: I’ll try to draw other type’s of their ships, but that ship is a base design for others too. They have some type of fighters, destroyers (shown in the drawing), battlecruisers, battleships and dreadnoughts.
    By the description in the story, their ships are so powerful that even their fighters are capable of destroying capital vessels (like Intrepid class for example) without much trouble.
    In order to drive them back to their dimension we will have to unite with every major power in our part of galaxy, otherwise we won’t stand a chance. Yes, I can say I was inspired by that B5 Thirdspace movie, but I made my aliens even more powerful and somewhat different as well 😈

Btw I corrected most of the mistakes I made in that last post of mine, and did some minor changes so if you wish to re-read it you can do that. And I’m hoping you’ll post soon your story, because I’m looking forward to reaction of your characters on the situation development :mrgreen:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.