Starfleet Cardassian Bridge Officers Now Available

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Starfleet Cardassian Bridge Officers Now Available

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    KirksFavoriteSon
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Hey all, Shaw here,

I’m posting this for others who my not know this, as I almost missed it myself.

If you go to the Bridge Officer recruiter NPC on Earth Spacedock (and to similar NPCs elsewhere in-game, I presume) you can indeed recruit Starfleet Cardassian bridge officers for your command crews. All it will cost you is a very small amount of dilithium.

Yes, these bridge officers are only basic (white-color) quality, but as has been noted elsewhere, most of the time (i.e. there are boff exceptions) the “color-quality” of your bridge officers matters far, far, far less than the skills you assign them and the gear you put on them, when it comes to in-game effectiveness.

Basically, you can run with “white quality” bridge officers the entire game, and it’s unlikely that you’ll notice an appreciable difference with most ordinary boffs.

Certainly, there are specific boffs available in-game which carry unique traits, and these are “superior” boffs, statistically-speaking.

But with most bridge officers in Star Trek Online, the innate difference between a white-quality boff and a purple-quality boff may exist statistically (on paper), but in practical use, the color-quality of a bridge officer matters far less than how you skill them, how you gear them, and how you make use of them as a captain.

So … Starfleet Cardies, folks! Get em if you want em! 🙂

Cheers, all,

Shaw

aka @CobaltBlueHero

Chanfron
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

guess they don’t want people who have not paid for cardie unlock or gamma pack to have them

Taken from patch notes – Cardassian Bridge Officers can no longer be sold on the exchange, I should check if caitan boffs are available as I bought playable space kittys many years ago.

CodeWarrior316
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Per reddit the traits give: +1.5% damage (Cat 1) and +1.5 accuracy and defense rating. I guess they will be good for space barbie and are cheap enough for that.

Cross82
    44th Fleet Oracle
    Team Player

They do stack so they aint bad for there price.

KirksFavoriteSon
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Chanfron, last time I checked the white-quality Cardie boffs I originally mentioned are still for sale at the Bridge Officer recruiter NPC on ESD — so it’s not a complete paywall or shut-out.

Cheers,

aka @CobaltBlueHero

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.