Phoenix Box

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Phoenix Box

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Damix
    Vice-Admiral
    Team Player

Don’t be fooled by all those rewards, drop rates of higher tier prize tokens are similar to lockbox ships. It will burn your dilithium stash and leave a sour taste in your mouth. I just came here quickly after reading reddit post, where people report their experience. This will be a great dilithium sink.

Good thing we get some of those for free. Which items did you managed to get or you aim for? (wiki link to phoenix pack)

Blackout
    Fleet Member

Shotguns and DOFFS!  Mainly Shotguns though 😉

Jim44305
    Fleet Member

I was checking out the prizes in each tier and after doing so I noticed you really can’t do worse than break even. If you take the phoenix upgrade into account. Usually we use superior tech upgrades when upgrading our gear. one of those costs 1075 dilithium to use and gives 12,800 tech points. The Phoenix upgrade has no dilithium cost and gives 51,200 tech points. That’s exactly 4 times the tech points. So taking the dilithium cost of the usual superior upgrade times four gives a cost of 4300 dilithium.

That means for 4500 each Phoenix box, the worst outcome of opening one being an uncommon token. And a Phoenix upgrade costing one uncommon token. The 4500 dilithium cost of the box is negated by the 4300 dilithium worth of upgrade you get with the remaining 200 dilithium basically being explained away by not having to use your crafting mats or ec to obtain the 4 superior upgrades it would take to exactly equal the Phoenix upgrade.

If you buy the 10 pack of Phoenix boxes they only cost 4000 per box. Making the outcome an actual gain.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by Jim44305.
    Vindleth
    Fleet Member

Yea what Jim says…. actually that was the first thing that came into my mind when i saw the boxes… upgrade is really good… unless im missing something.

CodeWarrior316
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

After a number of days of freebies, same number of “uncommon” tokens. Can’t trade up so no RMC for me… nice to have a chance to get one at least I reckon.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.