NW

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    GTVADeimos

Had a look at NW and played a toon to level 5 to see if i like it. Quite enjoyable however with 3 servers I am loath to level further until I know which if any is the preferred server for the 44th. The logic behind this is this is almost certainly a live launch with the Beta slapped on it to cover any issues that may arise without the population being up in arms.

So what is the consensus on this and the nomination of an individual server for those that want to spend a little time there, with people I like and trust, when STO has one of its off days?

Kanadym
    Fleet Member

For what it’s worth, my toon in NW is on the Dragon server.

Also, I noticed that my channel was automatically set to the 44th. So when I’ve been in NW, I’ve actually seen 44th chat (in addition to Zone chat).

Cool, eh!

Vindleth
    Fleet Member

Im on mindflayer

Latinumbar
    Admiral (Retired)
    Team Player

Me, Yuri, Caylus, and Mike are on Mindlayer.

horridperson
    Fleet Member

I have two characters I’m monkeying about with on mindflayer as well. Ran into Lat pretty early in the visit and he carried me through some levels and dungeons: Funny how D&D imitates Trek 😀 .

One thing I noticed here was how this game was more demanding than STO. My poor computer (duo @ 1.67) was taxed mercilessly when I was running 5 man dungeons and with the FPS disaster I couldn’t do anything.

I had been thinking of an upgrade for a while and ended up ordering a refurbished replacement. I went this route because it is cheaper than buying totally new and I don’t trust win 8 and was able to score WIN 7 on the new (to me) unit. An AMD 10 isn’t a stellar monster but it is a marked improvement from what I have now so hopefully my snail will move into the domain of “fast turtles”.

CodeWarrior316
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

I’ve have always been an AMD fan until recently. Intel chips are superior in every way now. Hope your new rig works well for you!

Latinumbar
    Admiral (Retired)
    Team Player

Those end game dungeons are crazy with the ‘adds’. Soooo many monsters, it’s almost ridiculous. My computer slows down noticeably during those battles. Might have to disable the damage/healing numbers that pop up. There are so many, I can’t see anything.

EDIT: Running Windows 7, i5 processor, 6G RAM, 1G vid card (can’t remember which it is)

Vindleth
    Fleet Member

Neverwinter made me change my comuter, it turned out that processor and RAM were main problem, i left the old graphic card RADEON 5770 1GB and it purrs like a kitten. Went with AMD since here it is almost 50% cheaper than intel of the same power.

Not to mention that STO runs great now too.

Windows 8, AMD Phenom X4 3,4, 8GB RAM

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.