I was looking at my old posts.

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge The Oasis Recreation I was looking at my old posts.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Inferno
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

They’re actually pretty boring, really.

I found this:

@LadyInferno wrote:

The 560 is oodles more powerful than the 250. Googleplexes of infinity better. I have a GTX 570, which I picked up for $250 a year or so ago and have yet to meet a game I cannot max the settings in 1080p. If you only play STO (or most other things), that 560 TI 448 will eat everything alive, for now. Next year after the next-gen consoles have been out for a while I’d expect PC’s will be needing beefier cards, but you wouldn’t have to worry for a long time.

I’d get it if you can, you’d be amazed at what STO can actually look like. 😀

My EVGA GTX 1080 SC says hi to my old 570, and my 780 I bought about 6 months after that post. I’m just amused/half sickened by how fast GPU’s come and go.

fatman592
    Fleet Member

Heh, here’s an early post, when I had a fairly noob build… [sigh]

http://startrek.44thfleet.com/forum/index.php?f=19&t=1043&rb_v=viewtopic

I used to think 2gb of hard drive memory was amazing. Just wait until they can give us consumer quantum computing lol.

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.