Application for nowakl2000

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Recruitment Academy Application for nowakl2000

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Frarry
    Participant
    • Characters: Active toons = Fed: Frarry@nowakl2000, Fr’arry@nowakl2000, Fra’rry@nowakl2000; KDF: F’rarry@nowakl2000
    • Previous fleets:
    • Why join the Mighty 44th? I’m looking for a fleet that can help me improve my time in STO. I’ve been playing for years, on and off, but don’t feel like I’ve improved much. My experience in other games has shown that having a guild/fleet can help.
    • Tell us about yourself: I’m a software engineer, gamer, and parent. Currently also playing GW2 splitting my time with STO. I’ve also played a number of others like SWTOR, ESO, WoW, and FF14 most recently. I’m not one to talk much until I know a few people. Not sure what else to say. 🙂
    • Do you accept the rules and regulations? Yes
    BreakingForce
    Fleet Admiral
    Team Player

Frarry’s invite got sent out ok. Everyone else returned errors. The kind of errors that tell me that either the names aren’t exactly correct or alternatively that they haven’t been logged on in the past couple of weeks. STO has a system where if a character hasn’t been logged in in a while, their name is removed from a database somewhere and they can’t receive new fleet invites. To fix this, simply log them into the game.

Frarry
    Participant

Thanks for accepting my application and sending the invites.

As for the failures that’s strange as all these were logged in at least twice to farm Winter event currencies. I’ll doublecheck them this afternoon.

Frarry
    Participant

My main got her invite, thank you!

The others, it looks like it might be a problem with a character substitution that happened somewhere. Not sure why, but the apostrophe was replaced with a more curly version, so if you copied the names from the form then you’d probably have problems. It was easier to see in something like Notepad++ since the font in it was different.

I tried retyping the names, but the forums made the substitutions as well.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 4 weeks ago by Frarry. Reason: new info
    BreakingForce
    Fleet Admiral
    Team Player

ah! roger, thanks for troubleshooting heh. i’ll try typing the names out 😀

BreakingForce
    Fleet Admiral
    Team Player

Hey, what do you know? Function!

Fr’arry invited. F’rarry invited.
    Fra’rry shows as already in a fleet, though.

Frarry
    Participant

Oh, sorry about that. Thanks for the other invites!

Not a problem with the troubleshooting. Part of my job so it just comes naturally, as it were. 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.