Spacebar Keybind Help

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge Main Deck Spacebar Keybind Help

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    joeshabadoo
    Fleet Member

If anyone could help me on this I would be very grateful

Problem: I have used Hilbert’s Guide Spacebar keybind text file for tray 7 to bind powers to the spacebar. The problem is that I am running out of space on tray7 but still have about 3 or 4 powers i would still like to have bound. Is there any way to add on to this text file so that hitting spacebar can just continue into tray 8? I’ve tried messing with it but haven’t had success. The code is posted for Hilbert’s Guide but is only for tray 7.

Button4 “+power_exec Distribute_Shields”
    Space “GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireAll$$+TrayExecByTray 6 0$$+TrayExecByTray 6 1$$+TrayExecByTray 6 2$$+TrayExecByTray 6 3$$+TrayExecByTray 6 4$$+TrayExecByTray 6 5$$+TrayExecByTray 6 6$$+TrayExecByTray 6 7$$+TrayExecByTray 6 8$$+TrayExecByTray 6 9$$+Power_Exec Distribute_Shields$$+TrayExecByTray 6 9$$+TrayExecByTray 6 8$$+TrayExecByTray 6 7$$+TrayExecByTray 6 6$$+TrayExecByTray 6 5$$+TrayExecByTray 6 4$$+TrayExecByTray 6 3$$+TrayExecByTray 6 2$$+TrayExecByTray 6 1$$+TrayExecByTray 6 0$$+power_exec Distribute_Shields”
    T “team Target: >> $target <<"

fatman592
    Fleet Member

I ran into a similar problem once I got an Intel ship. I had to add another tray as well. I just copy/pasted the execute tray line, and changed the numbers on the second set. Save, then go in game and load spacebar.txt, then fixed trays.

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5

joeshabadoo
    Fleet Member

So is this what you were talking about?

Space “GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireAll$$+TrayExecByTray 6 0$$+TrayExecByTray 6 1$$+TrayExecByTray 6 2$$+TrayExecByTray 6 3$$+TrayExecByTray 6 4$$+TrayExecByTray 6 5$$+TrayExecByTray 6 6$$+TrayExecByTray 6 7$$+TrayExecByTray 6 8$$+TrayExecByTray 6 9$$+Power_Exec Distribute_Shields$$+TrayExecByTray 6 9$$+TrayExecByTray 6 8$$+TrayExecByTray 6 7$$+TrayExecByTray 6 6$$+TrayExecByTray 6 5$$+TrayExecByTray 6 4$$+TrayExecByTray 6 3$$+TrayExecByTray 6 2$$+TrayExecByTray 6 1$$+TrayExecByTray 6 0$$+power_exec Distribute_Shields”
    Space “GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireAll$$+TrayExecByTray 7 0$$+TrayExecByTray 7 1$$+TrayExecByTray 7 2$$+TrayExecByTray 7 3$$+TrayExecByTray 7 4$$+TrayExecByTray 7 5$$+TrayExecByTray 7 7$$+TrayExecByTray 7 7$$+TrayExecByTray 7 8$$+TrayExecByTray 7 9$$+Power_Exec Distribute_Shields$$+TrayExecByTray 7 9$$+TrayExecByTray 7 8$$+TrayExecByTray 7 7$$+TrayExecByTray 7 7$$+TrayExecByTray 7 5$$+TrayExecByTray 7 4$$+TrayExecByTray 7 3$$+TrayExecByTray 7 2$$+TrayExecByTray 7 1$$+TrayExecByTray 7 0$$+power_exec Distribute_Shields”

joeshabadoo
    Fleet Member

just tried the above code. Starts with 0 of tray 7 and then proceeds to tray 8. Skips all of tray 7 though.

fatman592
    Fleet Member

@joeshabadoo wrote:

So is this what you were talking about?

Space “GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireAll$$+TrayExecByTray 6 0$$+TrayExecByTray 6 1$$+TrayExecByTray 6 2$$+TrayExecByTray 6 3$$+TrayExecByTray 6 4$$+TrayExecByTray 6 5$$+TrayExecByTray 6 6$$+TrayExecByTray 6 7$$+TrayExecByTray 6 8$$+TrayExecByTray 6 9$$+Power_Exec Distribute_Shields$$+TrayExecByTray 6 9$$+TrayExecByTray 6 8$$+TrayExecByTray 6 7$$+TrayExecByTray 6 6$$+TrayExecByTray 6 5$$+TrayExecByTray 6 4$$+TrayExecByTray 6 3$$+TrayExecByTray 6 2$$+TrayExecByTray 6 1$$+TrayExecByTray 6 0$$+power_exec Distribute_Shields$$+0$$+TrayExecByTray 7 1$$+TrayExecByTray 7 2$$+TrayExecByTray 7 3$$+TrayExecByTray 7 4$$+TrayExecByTray 7 5$$+TrayExecByTray 7 7$$+TrayExecByTray 7 7$$+TrayExecByTray 7 8$$+TrayExecByTray 7 9$$+Power_Exec Distribute_Shields$$+TrayExecByTray 7 9$$+TrayExecByTray 7 8$$+TrayExecByTray 7 7$$+TrayExecByTray 7 7$$+TrayExecByTray 7 5$$+TrayExecByTray 7 4$$+TrayExecByTray 7 3$$+TrayExecByTray 7 2$$+TrayExecByTray 7 1$$+TrayExecByTray 7 0$$+power_exec Distribute_Shields”

Should look something like that. Fire all and target are bookends, distribute shield commands seperate tray execute lines.

I’m at work right now, if you’re still having trouble I’ll post my spacebar.txt when I get home this evening.

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5

fatman592
    Fleet Member

Sorry about the delay, here’s my keybind (trays 6 and 7 on spacebar):

Space “GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireAll$$+TrayExecByTray 6 0$$+TrayExecByTray 6 1$$+TrayExecByTray 6 2$$+TrayExecByTray 6 3$$+TrayExecByTray 6 4$$+TrayExecByTray 6 5$$+TrayExecByTray 6 6$$+TrayExecByTray 6 7$$+TrayExecByTray 6 8$$+TrayExecByTray 6 9$$+Power_Exec Distribute_Shields$$+TrayExecByTray 6 9$$+TrayExecByTray 6 8$$+TrayExecByTray 6 7$$+TrayExecByTray 6 6$$+TrayExecByTray 6 5$$+TrayExecByTray 6 4$$+TrayExecByTray 6 3$$+TrayExecByTray 6 2$$+TrayExecByTray 6 1$$+TrayExecByTray 6 0$$+TrayExecByTray 5 0$$+TrayExecByTray 5 1$$+TrayExecByTray 5 2$$+TrayExecByTray 5 3$$+TrayExecByTray 5 4$$+TrayExecByTray 5 5$$+TrayExecByTray 5 6$$+TrayExecByTray 5 7$$+TrayExecByTray 5 8$$+TrayExecByTray 5 9$$+Power_Exec Distribute_Shields$$+TrayExecByTray 5 9$$+TrayExecByTray 5 8$$+TrayExecByTray 5 7$$+TrayExecByTray 5 6$$+TrayExecByTray 5 5$$+TrayExecByTray 5 4$$+TrayExecByTray 5 3$$+TrayExecByTray 5 2$$+TrayExecByTray 5 1$$+TrayExecByTray 5 0$$+power_exec Distribute_Shields”

joeshabadoo
    Fleet Member

Works like a charm!!!! Thanks fatman. Appreciate the help!!!

fatman592
    Fleet Member

@joeshabadoo wrote:

Works like a charm!!!! Thanks fatman. Appreciate the help!!!

Happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.