My very own SF story!

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge The Oasis Recreation My very own SF story!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Sovereign47
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

Some of you already know that I’ve been working on Star Trek fanfiction story and while that was fun and interesting, it was not as compelling for me as writing my own story. However, in the past I have never thought of doing that, mostly because I did not have well thought and original ideas. The last par for me was especially a problem since so many things have already been written and shown in various SF works that it is simply hard to come by with something truly unique and original.

That’s why I have decided to throw out the rule of ultimate uniqueness and decided to get my inspiration from everything I have so far read, watched and played and combine the best elements into a whole new story. A story mostly inspired by shows like Star Trek, Expanse, Stargate…, by movies like Fifth Element, Star Wars…, and by games like Mass Effect, Freelancer and such combined with a does of reality and personal experiences too. It is something that already took a great amount of thought and inspiration, and something that I’ve just started, but I think that in the long run it might pay off as a best thing I’ve tried so far.

Now, instead of continued rambling about what lead me to do this, I’ll try to present a story to you without giving away too much spoilers.

Year is 2289. and the story begins on Earth in one of its biggest megalopolises simply called Kropolis. Instead of idealistic place the Earth is shown to be in Star Trek universe (well at least it original one), in my universe Earth is somewhat of a repressive state as is Kropolis in this case. It is run by mega-corporations and their puppet government(s) in combination with their repressive forces. But it goes even beyond that. Earth has a large number of colonies living under its rules and policies. It is actually a superpower called Earth Galactic Alliance (EGA in short – like a UFP for example). There is also a second superpower for which I have not come up with name yet, but will do so when I will have to present them in story. That second human superpower managed to cut its ties with EGA due to development of their own superweapons and enough resources to present serious threat to EGA military fleet called Galactic Security Command (GSC). While EGA is relying on its firepower, that other power relies on their ship’s significant maneuverability, speed and stealth tactics.

In all of that, there is also a third side, or wannabe independent colonies which are more like vassal colonies that must pay a racket in other to keep EGA from seizing control over them. Still that doesn’t completely prevent GSC and EGA from interference in the matters of those colonies and if their governments do something that they don’t like, GSC is most likely to send its fleet and conquer them.

Also, later I’m planning to introduce fourth side which would be aliens, because there is no good SF without them and they can always contribute to the overall plot 🙂

The story itself will be mostly written from the perspective of several person who decided to stand against the system and in order to do that they must first escape from the Kropolis (that is also the tile of the first chapter which is complete, but still needs some improvements) and they can only do that by stealing unique spaceship. And it all begins with an introduction of small piece of technology which is about to change everything.

And now it is time for your thoughts and opinions. Critics are welcome too 🙂

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.