Mouse and keyboard

Our Fleet Forums Public Lounge The Oasis Recreation Mouse and keyboard

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sabre
    Fleet Member

Friends, Fleeties, Countrymen……fortune favours the bold (or something like that).

My faithful Logitech companions are on their last legs, yes I admit they were inexpensive but they have served me well. With my birthday but a few weeks away and with Christmas looming on the horizon, the good lady has taken pity on my predicament and has issued instructions that I should ‘do it properly’ and avail myself of a proper gaming mouse and keyboard.

Picking myself off the floor, I promptly got down to some serious research. Several hours and many cups of tea later my eye was drawn to offerings from Roccat; the Kone XTD mouse and the soon to be released Ryos MK Pro keyboard.

Now, I know this is a mighty decision and one that I am obviously cautious of due to the cost involved, but I could think of no better place to seek wisdom and advice on this delicate matter. So any sage words that can be flung in my general direction will be gratefully received. I would dearly like to know what you all think of my choices and any alternatives you wish to recommend.

aka @sabreoneone

CodeWarrior316
    Fleet Member
    Team Player

I’m probably far too cheap to offer good advice. I have had a g15, and thinking back on it don’t think it was worth it at all. They all eventually break or wear out and have to be replaced anyway. I got a Logitech mouse refurb I think with a rebate for pretty cheap and I like it. Very smooth and no issues. Keyboards, I generally try to go with the MS Natural with the split but I know a lot of people hate it – mostly just because they aren’t used to them.

elvis441
    Fleet Member

I use an Xbox controller and Xpadder. I only use the keyboard & Mouse for general navigation.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Im laptop keyboard so I press two buttons instead of one lol but my mouse is a Logitech (cheap) but works really well.

But as for yourself think about if the keyboard can be programed for such things like key binds and in game chat but don’t forget you’ll have to use it for other things as well (Facebook, email etc.)

Melock
    Fleet Member

I have a razor mouse that my wife bought me. It has a lot of buttons which work nicely with STO.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.